4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by thedefog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

https://ca.music.yahoo.com/blogs/sound-check/pinball-with-ed-roberston-from-barenaked-ladies-183809238.html

Silverball, the 14th studio album from Canadian band Barenaked Ladies, was named after something lead singer Ed Robinson is very passionate about: pinball machines. The musician has a special room in his Toronto basement dedicated to featuring multiple themed versions of the arcade game.

#3 4 years ago

https://ca.music.yahoo.com/blogs/sound-check/pinball-with-ed-roberston-from-barenaked-ladies-183809238.html

Silverball, the 14th studio album from Canadian band Barenaked Ladies, was named after something lead singer Ed Robinson is very passionate about: pinball machines. The musician has a special room in his Toronto basement dedicated to featuring multiple themed versions of the arcade game.

#4 4 years ago

now if we only knew his pinside username

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

now if we only knew his pinside username

Kaneda

#6 4 years ago

You know, I liked him before, but he's like my freakin' hero now. Not only does he seem like a genuinely nice guy, but he never let the fame compromise who he is and the things he likes. He's as passionate about pinball as much as he is the music it seems. He's become an ambassador for the game on a national scale - something most of us have only been able to accomplish at the local level. Not to mention the band is amazing, and the new album is great!

I just feel like he'd be a cool guy to sit down and have a beer with. That's pretty rare for celebs these days.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

I just feel like he'd be a cool guy to sit down and have a beer with. That's pretty rare for celebs these days.

Agreed, not even a fan of their music either. But respect them.

#8 4 years ago

“I said to my wife, ‘I ordered another pinball machine,‘ and she said, ‘Well, you’re going to have to decide which machine is leaving here.‘ I pointed at the elliptical machine in the corner. That’s the one that left.”

Yeah, that sounds about right.

#9 4 years ago

He might be at Expo, so buy him a beer then.

#10 4 years ago

Robertson?

#11 4 years ago

I wish I could make it to expo. I'm fresh out of college, and my travel budget is pretty limited. Too bad there aren't any shows around Alabama. I'll be in Atlanta the same weekend as the Southern Fried Gaming Expo, but I don't think I'll have time to make it over there. *sigh*

#12 4 years ago

Ed loves actually playing pinball at shows, so if you see him at a show, ask him if he wants to play a game of pinball together.

I keep trying to find a copy of the TV show he did in Canada called "Ed's Up" here in the states, but I haven't been successful so far. It's kinda like Dirty Jobs without the dirty part from the episode or two I've seen.

He's a Private Pilot, and as a fellow pilot myself it was fun to see that also being part of the show.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from pkiefert:

He's a Private Pilot, and as a fellow pilot myself it was fun to see that also being part of the show.

I'm a wannabe pilot. I'm actually going to start taking flight lessons soon. Been flying RC and doing sims for ages. I'd love to just cruise around in a cub by myself some day.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 103.00
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 149.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 34.99
    Cleaner
    Pinball Pro
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 9.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    € 197.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 26.95
    $ 29.95
    $ 75.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 69.50
    Boards
    Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside