(Topic ID: 152368)

Ed from the Barenaked Ladies on "Bro, do you even pinball?" Mon. 2/22!

By KevInBuffalo

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dh_(resized).jpg
    edrobertson_(resized).png
    #1 8 years ago

We're gonna find out if Ed really pinballs. Follow our channel at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball and turn on "Notify me when the broadcaster goes live." to get a message when we start the broadcast. See you in the chat!

edrobertson_(resized).pngedrobertson_(resized).png

#2 8 years ago

Very cool! Really looking forward to this one.

#3 8 years ago

Pretty cool. What game will you be playing?

#4 8 years ago

It's looking like either TWD or MET. Still TBD.

I set up a Facebook event page. Join up and get a reminder for when we go live: https://www.facebook.com/events/942908779111976/

#5 8 years ago

So Nick's house? Be sure to rub the humidifier for good luck.

#6 8 years ago

I'd like to see Ed play MET. As it's his favorite game, it would be interesting to hear (and see) his perspective on game strategy as well as its ruleset.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'd like to see Ed play MET. As it's his favorite game, it would be interesting to hear (and see) his perspective on game strategy as well as its ruleset.

Just please not Seek and Destroy over and over.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

No worries - he's a "Sparky all day and nothing but" player.

Seriously though, I met Ed a few weeks ago and based on his brief, but highly enthusiastic endorsement of MET, I've been seeking it out and playing it on location. Since we didn't have the chance to discuss the game in detail, I'd LOVE to hear his in depth thoughts on its virtues!

#9 8 years ago

Ed loves Met and I see why. He made me rethink my opinion of it. Met has a lot to offer. Change up a couple songs and its pinball 'magic' plain and simple.
    The songs it was released with killed it for me but with the option to swap them out..Wow. Awesomeness right there.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hawk007:

Ed loves Met and I see why. He made me rethink my opinion of it. Met has a lot to offer. Change up a couple songs and its pinball 'magic' plain and simple.
    The songs it was released with killed it for me but with the option to swap them out..Wow. Awesomeness right there.

Yeah - I hear you. Based on my concerted on route playing efforts, I have a whole new appreciation for Metallica's gameplay. So much so that I have a Premium on order.

Metallica's music is an acquired taste though and I think Pinball Browser will be my friend!

#11 8 years ago

Tonight's the night! Looks like we're going with The Walking Dead with Metallica as the backup game. See you tonight!

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Looks like we're going with The Walking Dead ...

BOOOOOOOO!

#13 8 years ago

"This pop bumper drain feed is worse than Vermont maple syrup, let's switch to MET now."

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

So Nick's house? Be sure to rub the humidifier for good luck.

No, he needs to SIGN the humidifier. So it can be even more famous.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

That's a good idea.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Something tells me you would have gotten to hear Fuel a few times

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from jayfairb:

Something tells me you would have gotten to hear Fuel a few times

Gimme dabajazadaba!

#18 8 years ago

Will you be posting the video or was it a live only thing?

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Will you be posting the video or was it a live only thing?

It hasn't happened yet.

#20 8 years ago

Yeah it's tonight at 8:30 Eastern. Live is the best way to watch (with the chat and all) but we'll have the video on YouTube later at http://www.youtube.com/buffalopinball

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

It hasn't happened yet.

You have officially entered the twilight zone. Those pesky details like dates always make a difference.

#22 8 years ago

Can't wait, this should be great!

#24 8 years ago

Awesome stream - great job!

#25 8 years ago

Thanks all! Here's the replay if you missed it live or want to see Ed flip off Mezel Mods again:

#26 8 years ago

Great episode - thanks!

TWD has not been a favorite game for me to play, but it was entertaining to watch you guys battle Ed on it and I learned some new rules/strategies to help me enjoy it more in the future.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

This happened, BTW.

dh_(resized).jpgdh_(resized).jpg

#28 8 years ago

Man, now it's not worth as much. Ed's words, not mine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ed-from-the-barenaked-ladies-on-bro-do-you-even-pinball-mon-222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.