• Latest reply 10 years ago by Pin_-_K
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

numbers-dropping-300x225.jpg
IMG_0575.jpg
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

He is close to being right. $8500 and rising on the auction.

Believe me, the accuracy of his guess (which is obviously fairly accurate) is not what's funny about his post.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Nobody should care about Automated and their well-known inflated prices and NIB hoarding. The prices are set by individual sales (and present demand) and this is the WOZECLE that was being referred to as an active auction presently at $8500 with 14 bids so far:
Ebay link
Also, note that the last bidder has put in a further bid that is higher than $8500 if they happen to get outbid at the $8500 price.

14 bids at a price of $8500 with 16 hours to go in the auction.

#53 10 years ago

Keith, it is all up to you. NIB WOZ can be worth $6k or $10k based on your final code. No pressure. lol

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Nobody should care about Automated and their well-known inflated prices and NIB hoarding. The prices are set by individual sales (and present demand) and this is the WOZECLE that was being referred to as an active auction presently at $8500 with 14 bids so far:
Ebay link
Also, note that the last bidder has put in a further bid that is higher than $8500 if they happen to get outbid at the $8500 price.

Yeah, we all know Ebay is 'gospel'... LOL! Just like King Kong one week selling for $20k plus and the next week being relisted and selling for $5000 less. So which is it? You WoZ Price Pumpers should be ashamed! Ebay has so many bogus auctions week after week.

I've bought 2 NIB WoZLE's for under $8000 and passed up others. You Price Pumpers will only continue to hurt the naive noobies! Shame, Shame, Shame... and all this while I was the one being called out for pumping prices!

Can you say... hypocrite?

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I've bought 2 NIB WoZLE's for under $8000 and passed up others. You Price Pumpers will only continue to hurt the naive noobies! Shame, Shame, Shame... and all this while I was the one being called out for pumping prices!

Why do you have/need two WoZLEs? I missed out on the $6500 preorder, but I'd be interested in buying one of yours under $8k.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why do you have/need two WoZLEs? I missed out on the $6500 preorder, but I'd be interested in buying one of yours under $8k.

I didn't buy them at the $6500 preorder either... just do your homework, be patient and be smart. You'll find yours.

Or just buy a Standard, its the same pin...

Mine are both spoken for, sorry.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yeah, we all know Ebay is 'gospel'... LOL! Just like King Kong one week selling for $20k plus and the next week being relisted and selling for $5000 less. So which is it? You WoZ Price Pumpers should be ashamed! Ebay has so many bogus auctions week after week.

Well if you bought 2 for under 8k and passed on the other then let the op know where so he can buy it. I think you are full of it.

#59 10 years ago

Tough crowd. Lot of undeserved hate for teekee, that I don't quite understand.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Thanks for the support... I don't understand either. The OP basically asked about values of HUO WoZLE's and I gave an answer based off of what I have seen in the NIB WoZLE market. HUO's are always less valuable than NIB and with NIB's selling in the $7900-$8500 range I thought my information was pretty accurate. I guess the WoZ pumpers weren't happy with that number...

I guess Jack did tell us they were selling for $12k so maybe I am a little off.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I am not pumping the price. The only thing I am doing is posting the link to the only game I could find that was available for sale at a price that actually is low enough to generate interest.
Automated is obviously too high priced at this point.

Quoted from skywalker:

yer, this one
Ebay link

WTF. That is not the game we are talking about. That game does not have any bids at that price.

Here is the one presently at $8500 with numerous bids.
ebay.com link: The Wizard of Oz Emerald City Limited Edition Pinball Machine BRAND NEW IN BOX

#62 10 years ago

Teekee, were you the bidder "t***e" putting in bids at $8277 and $8477 ?

ebay.com link: ws

#63 10 years ago

No, ebay is much better than that at hiding ids. No letters ever match.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Teekee, were you the bidder "t***e" putting in bids at $8277 and $8477 ?
Ebay link

Lol, no not me... I would have stopped bidding much much earlier then that!

#65 10 years ago

Look, I give teekee grief every once in awhile, but he has a pretty darn good reputation as a buyer and seller if I remember right.

He is usually pretty spot on with the value of restored and HUO B/W games as well.

You never know, he might be buying or selling you a game in the future, so keep it cordial.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Lol. Never thought I would see the day Teekee take would take grief for not price pumping.

#67 10 years ago

Apparently the current value for NIB is $8800. That's what the one just sold for in the link above.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Apparently the current value for NIB is $8800. That's what the one just sold for in the link above.

Ok now I don't feel so bad paying 12k for mine!

#69 10 years ago

I bet 3 weeks before Christmas with guaranteed delivery they will command $9457.95(plus shipping)

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

That's about right for Ebay. I thought this would actually go higher. We all know Ebay buyers over pay so this correlates to about $8000 at best in the real world and who knows if the auction was even legit... a lot of funny business on Ebay.

Believe me if this extremely hyped pin maxed out at $8800 (and who knows how many bogus bids) on Ebay with only one listed... I don't know, maybe $8000 is too high!

Quoted from mountaingamer:

I bet 3 weeks before Christmas with guaranteed delivery they will command $9457.95(plus shipping)

I agree, if you have one and are planning to sell one list it right after Thanksgiving to max out and take advantage of those crazy Ebay Christmas buyers... cuz after the Holidays and once all the WoZ's are delivered...

numbers-dropping-300x225.jpgnumbers-dropping-300x225.jpg
#71 10 years ago

I sold my NIB #16 a few weeks back for $9k

#72 10 years ago

It is an interesting anomaly that there are only 2 WOZs listed in the Pinside marketplace and on eBay. Medieval Madness has 8 listings. Teekee, I know that they are not making MMs anymore and JJP will keep making WOZ, but the ratio is still pretty high.

It also seems like there were more WOZs (standards and LEs) offered prior to the last code update. Did the last code update change some people's minds? It changed mine.

#73 10 years ago

Looking to trade my avengers le towards one if anybody wants to get rid of theirs.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

It is an interesting anomaly that there are only 2 WOZs listed in the Pinside marketplace and on eBay. Medieval Madness has 8 listings.

All pins go through this... this month you can't find this title for sale, next month there are 15 listed. Pretty normal...

Quoted from statsdoc:

Teekee, I know that they are not making MMs anymore and JJP will keep making WOZ, but the ratio is still pretty high.

You have to compare apples to apples... there are very few near mint, original HUO MM's out there compared to WoZLE's. There will always be nearly 1000 beautiful, HUO WoZLE's since 99% will never be heavily routed. And probably several will remain NIB as well. You just can't compare the pins of the 90's with the pins of today as far as production numbers and future valuation.

Quoted from statsdoc:

It also seems like there were more WOZs (standards and LEs) offered prior to the last code update. Did the last code update change some people's minds? It changed mine.

I'm sure there were some on the fence that decided to grab a WoZ after the new code update and I'm sure there will be others that want one later but I certainly know of others who were on the fence that decided not to keep it. Some guys are taking advantage of the market right now and making a couple thousand off their WoZLE knowing they can always grab a Standard later or possibly another WoZLE down the road. They are just not rare... far from it really and the supply levels are only going to be going up over the next 6-8 months. Will the demand keep up with supply? Probably for a bit but like all pins once the newness wears off what will happen then?

If you think its a great pin and you love it than who really cares about future value? I'm sure this will hold its value over time. It will fluctuate like they all do and settle in somewhere reasonable... Of course some will tell you they don't care what their pins are worth but we know better...

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If you think its a great pin and you love it than who really cares about future value?

I do...I saw and played it for the first time this weekend. I'd love to have an idea of when a WOZ can be purchased in the $4k-5k range. 3 years? 5 years? never?

I really liked it...

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

It is an interesting anomaly that there are only 2 WOZs listed in the Pinside marketplace and on eBay. Medieval Madness has 8 listings. Teekee, I know that they are not making MMs anymore and JJP will keep making WOZ, but the ratio is still pretty high.

I heard that quite a few people were impressed by WOZ at the York show.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

They are just not rare... far from it really and the supply levels are only going to be going up over the next 6-8 months. Will the demand keep up with supply? Probably for a bit but like all pins once the newness wears off what will happen then?

History staring you right in the face and you can't see it. WOZECLE is exactly as rare as TAFG, which now sells for twice (or more) its original selling price, and this with the original TAF being the most plentiful modern game in history. I guess you can't see the forest for the trees, eh?

As much as it really, REALLY bugs, you, you will admit, eventually, that WOZ is a smash hit. Until then, you will just look bitter.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

History staring you right in the face and you can't see it. WOZECLE is exactly as rare as TAFG, which now sells for twice (or more) its original selling price, and this with the original TAF being the most plentiful modern game in history. I guess you can't see the forest for the trees, eh?
As much as it really, REALLY bugs, you, you will admit, eventually, that WOZ is a smash hit. Until then, you will just look bitter.

Yep, Avatar LE much much rarer than TAFG... heck a ton of pins today much rarer than the games from the past. You just don't get it. You can't compare them, sorry you don't understand that!

WoZ is a smash hit! That wasn't hard... I think your the one that is bitter for some reason... I just make too much sense for some.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

WoZ is a smash hit! That wasn't hard...

Tony, it would have been a windfall had you loaded up on the 6500 Le's......

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Tony, it would have been a windfall had you loaded up on the 6500 Le's......

Not worth putting up $6500 for each LE over a three year waiting period... just not worth it. Better to wait, buy now, pay a little more and make hay while the sun is shining... man, why do I continue to educate you guys on how to do it the right way? Maybe Expo 2014 I'll have a seminar on all this priceless info.

Next year look for the door labeled "The Teekee Way" and hope you find a seat.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Not worth putting up $6500 for each LE over a three year waiting period... just not worth it. Better to wait, buy now, pay a little more and make hay while the sun is shining... man, why do I continue to educate you guys on how to do it the right way? Maybe Expo 2014 I'll have a seminar on all this priceless info.

You are entertaining...I do give you that.

What are your thoughts on a MM remake and what it might do to the market? Do you think two camps will be formed, one demanding that it be an original and the other not caring?

#82 10 years ago

Bacon

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If you think its a great pin and you love it than who really cares about future value? I'm sure this will hold its value over time. It will fluctuate like they all do and settle in somewhere reasonable... Of course some will tell you they don't care what their pins are worth but we know better...

You may know from previous comments I have made that I actually agree with you on much of this. I do enjoy reading your opinion, if when I do not agree on occasion. On WOZ, I ordered a standard with shaker and invisiglass precisely because it is a family friendly pin that my wife and kids wanted ... and it provided the best price point for entry on a NIB, and who knows when a HUO LE will drop below that point.

In the long run, the supply versus demand relationship always trumps everything else ... BUT one has to wonder about innovations in pins and the backward pressure that can put on older pin prices. The fluctuating price points for 50s, 60s, and 70s cars over the last decade show it all depends on who has the money and what they value.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

All pins go through this... this month you can't find this title for sale, next month there are 15 listed. Pretty normal...

You have to compare apples to apples... there are very few near mint, original HUO MM's out there

How many original HUO MMs do you know about? I tried to find others who had one about 12 years ago and couldn't find any. Nice ones taken off route early and in great shape, but not HUO. And not one owner HUO.

However, some would say a HEP restore would be better and there are a few of those around.

I do agree with you - WOZ is a totally different case since a very high percentage of them will never be routed (and they are of course still in production).

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You have to compare apples to apples... there are very few near mint, original HUO MM's out there compared to WoZLE's. There will always be nearly 1000 beautiful, HUO WoZLE's since 99% will never be heavily routed. And probably several will remain NIB as well. You just can't compare the pins of the 90's with the pins of today as far as production numbers and future valuation.

I'm sure there were some on the fence that decided to grab a WoZ after the new code update and I'm sure there will be others that want one later but I certainly know of others who were on the fence that decided not to keep it. Some guys are taking advantage of the market right now and making a couple thousand off their WoZLE knowing they can always grab a Standard later or possibly another WoZLE down the road. They are just not rare... far from it really and the supply levels are only going to be going up over the next 6-8 months. Will the demand keep up with supply? Probably for a bit but like all pins once the newness wears off what will happen then?

SInce when did you become reasonable and rational? Did someone hack your account??!?!?!

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I think your the one that is bitter for some reason

you're

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

LMAO Can I reserve a seat now??

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

LMAO Can I reserve a seat now??

BK, too late again... I'm sold out for 2014.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

What! I heard you were giving backstage passes to all Pinsiders??

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What! I heard you were giving backstage passes to all Pinsiders??

You don't want to know what goes on backstage!

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Not worth putting up $6500 for each LE over a three year waiting period... just not worth it. Better to wait, buy now, pay a little more and make hay while the sun is shining...

There is always room for the tortoise instead of the hare......

Quoted from teekee:

Next time add more than two chairs! Jk, I will say that I agree with most of what you say so that makes you pretty damn smart Except that, In many cases going forward into the future, STLE, and for what is happening now, its "better to wait" and buy LATER, pay a little less, wait until code gets completed and still make hay while the sun is shining But I'm just the end consumer......

#92 10 years ago

Teekee now enjoys the liberty of going on my ignore list.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Teekee now enjoys the liberty of going on my ignore list.

I don't know who's more excited about this... you or me?

#94 10 years ago

With the price increasing on standard WOZs, I can imagine that the street price for the LE will stay high at least for a while.
see thread: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-price-increase-for-woz

I bought in at $7000 on a standard, but at $8000 I would be going after an LE for $500 more if it were available.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

With the price increasing on standard WOZs, I can imagine that the street price for the LE will stay high at least for a while.
see thread: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-price-increase-for-woz
I bought in at $7000 on a standard, but at $8000 I would be going after an LE for $500 more if it were available.

Its a good ploy that can work one of two ways... either it will bait people into rushing in and paying more because they think its going through the roof or people will wise up and see right through all this...

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Its a good ploy that can work one of two ways... either it will bait people into rushing in and paying more because they think its going through the roof or people will wise up and see right through all this...

I can't disagree with you at all. I think it will all depend on how these pins are performing in the wild. If the operators are really doing that well, then the price increase may be easy to swallow. On the home front, we do look at things differently.

#97 10 years ago

Jack has made it clear that he wants WOZ to be his "worst" pin, with every subsequent pin improving on the last. It will be interesting to see how this plays out with the price level. I believe there are only so many pins that can be sold at certain price levels. Stern's experience with Met and ST show that people will gravitate to Pros from the LEs if they don't see a reason to justify the price. All of Jack's pins are LE level in terms of stuff in the playfield (and LCD); there are no stripped down models.

Will the market bear that many high–priced pins? Are these new pins good enough to pull people away from other games in the wild ... Enough to justify the cost to an operator?

As a purchaser of in-house pins, I am at the top of my range ... that is one reason I made the decision to get in on a Hobbit LE before a price increase. I can always get my money back from JJP (I see them as viable), and Hobbit will be out of my range later when I have had the chance to play it. It is a squeeze play, and I am getting squeezed.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Welcome to Automated Services. They do it with Sterns also.

Automated had MET-LE's listed FS immediately after Stern's announcement of it for $9,999 roughly $3K over what I was supposed to get mine for until the Metallica Fan Club wiped out well over 50 US MET-LE's & ONLY the US distributors had there "Penciled-In" allocations arbitrarily cut.

Using Automated's gouging calculator (+43%) WOZ-LE should be listed for around $11,500

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
13,000 (OBO)
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eclewoz-whats-the-value/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.