(Topic ID: 38280)

ECLEWOZ is getting a code update tomorrow, please stop in and play!

By doughslingers

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Rarehero
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
IMG_2125_(800x533).jpg
IMG_2122_(533x800).jpg
IMG_2121_(533x800).jpg
IMG_2099_(800x533).jpg
IMG_2098_(800x533).jpg
IMG_2091_(800x533).jpg
IMG_2092_(800x533).jpg
IMG_2068_(800x533).jpg
IMG_2093_(800x533).jpg
IMG_2090_(533x800).jpg
IMG_2059_(800x533).jpg
IMG_2058_(800x533).jpg
IMG_2086_(533x800).jpg
IMG_2062_(800x533).jpg
IMG_2117_(800x533).jpg

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Thanks DOUGHSLINGERS , it will be great next Saturday to play WOZ again . Compare the change since I was there. Can't wait for you to bring mine!

I am looking forward to that also. I am open to some trades if you have something getting old to you. Next weekend would be a great time to trade some pins!

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

These are test games. Production games with update thru USB and/or wirelessly. This has already been stated.

Ohhhh yeah...how about that, wirelessly....

#103 6 years ago

This is all wonderful but any feedback from someone who actually played the updated game?

#104 6 years ago

I couldn't see the crystal ball video screen. Is it working in this update? Thats one of the coolest features IMHO.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Prkchpsndwiches:

Whenever I see the acronym ECLEWOZ. I keeping thinking it means East Cleveland Wizard of Oz and can't help but think that would be the worst location ever for this pin!

lol. that would be a good place to hide their stash : )

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ohhhh yeah...how about that, wirelessly....

Jack did say they passed many tests, FCC was one of them, forget the rest.

#107 6 years ago

Great videos, thanks Dough!

LCD images still look more like "proof of concept" rather than "fun to play". Hopefully they can add some life/movement to those grids! For example: soldiers that do nothing but fall down... They look like cardboard cut outs on a beautiful HD screen.

#108 6 years ago

Thanks for the videos and pics! The light show has raised the bar. Stunning

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Great videos, thanks Dough!
LCD images still look more like "proof of concept" rather than "fun to play". Hopefully they can add some life/movement to those grids! For example: soldiers that do nothing but fall down... They look like cardboard cut outs on a beautiful HD screen.

Do,

I thought the exact same thing the first time I saw that animation months ago. Here we are months later and it is still looking the same hopefully more movement on the LCD is headed our way soon.

Shame to waste that potential.

#110 6 years ago

It'll never get done if they try to do it all on the first release.

I'm looking for an initial game with the vast majority of the rules baked in. Insert controls that make sense and not just cycling and strobing, lighting effects for major modes, and sound that matches gameplay.

What the LCD and music does is secondary and can always be upgraded with cosmetic improvements. This game is the foundation of JJP and I see development continuing for years after the initial production machine rolls off the line. If the developers go chasing every nice to have feature right now, they will never emerge from the poppy field.

#111 6 years ago

Still same music which was promised two years ago it would not be in the final game.

Start to think this will be the main music in the finale game after all.

#112 6 years ago

Why is it so hard to get a decent video of game play with the new code? Come on JJP!

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Still same music which was promised two years ago it would not be in the final game.
Start to think this will be the main music in the finale game after all.

I think you might have been confused.. Who promised that, when? Do you have a quote?

As far as I know this has been well known to be the final game music ever since it was released as an mp3 years ago. I know that Jack at times has mentioned that the final game "won't sound like that" to say that it will also have other music in it, but I don't remember him saying this wouldn't be the main play tune.

#114 6 years ago

I am not confused, you are just badly informed.

Jack himself told this, the music used in the videos will not be in the final game.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I am not confused, you are just badly informed.
Jack himself told this, the music used in the videos will not be in the final game.

I think you're confused. The music we're hearing so far is Chris Granner's music. Why would they not use it? It's Wizard of Oz music. I think we're hearing the "main/neutral" music, and like any other game, the music will transition and change to other tracks based on the modes & circumstances, which ball you're on, multiball ready, etc. I think what Jack meant is that this won't be the ONLY music in the game. It's just one track.

#116 6 years ago

I'm almost wondering if he's thinking back to the VERY FIRST released video of WOZ, which had no live recorded sound and instead used a repeating loop of the first released WOZ music, where Jack had to clarify that wasn't the actual gameplay sound (because the game didn't make anything but mechanical noise!)

#117 6 years ago

Why no flashers on WOZ? Or am I missing something?

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Why no flashers on WOZ? Or am I missing something?

The various LEDs for GI & inserts can pulse bright enough to essentially be a flasher. So - the whole game is flashers!!!

Quoted from Sunfox:

I'm almost wondering if he's thinking back to the VERY FIRST released video of WOZ, which had no live recorded sound and instead used a repeating loop of the first released WOZ music, where Jack had to clarify that wasn't the actual gameplay sound (because the game didn't make anything but mechanical noise!)

DING DING DING! No, I'm not hitting WOZ targets.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside