Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Beavis_Butthead_Settle_Down_Blue_Shirt.png
TRONdude.jpeg
simpsar.jpg
dodo4.jpg
images.jpeg
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 11 years ago

Nope that does not that. You got to pick your number if you chose.

#152 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just my two cents, again, but I think distributors who use this website as an access point to customers to sell their wares should contribute money to this website. Robin has never made that a rule but he should.

Donated 7/11/12 (i and i completely agree with you)

The money that is made from one sale of one pinball should cover a simple donation.

Quoted from bobbyconover:

Why do people keep saying that the low number is meaningless? Doesn't it mean that you will be one of the first people to receive the game, many months before most of the people who ordered it? I hate to play devil's advocate, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was worth something to someone out there.

The number of the machine does not indicate the number that it was produced. production order is based upon when you ordered the game, not by the game number. you could have called in the first hour of the first day and ordered #999 and then called 6 months later to order #1 (hypothetically) and #999 will still be the earlier one to be made.

hope that clears it up a little

#153 11 years ago

Why do people keep saying that the low number is meaningless?

Because it is.
I do not check HUO serial number when buying. If it was number one, MAYBE I would pay $100 more. Any other number, don't give a hoot.

#154 11 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Bottom line fellas,if it sells it sells, if not i'll keep it.

Have a great day
JT

+10,000

All this price talking, gouging, whining, flipping, etc. is ruining my pinball boner. How about we buy what we can afford, ignore what we can't afford, & focus on sharing what we have & love with others via leagues, gatherings, pinball maps, etc.?

#155 11 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

+10,000
All this price talking, gouging, whining, flipping, etc. is ruining my pinball boner. How about we buy what we can afford, ignore what we can't afford, & focus on sharing what we have & love with others via leagues, gatherings, pinball maps, etc.?

my thoughts exactly

#156 11 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

(the MM i asked 23k OBO, that sold just under 20k)

You said earlier that it sold for less than $18K. What did it actually go for? $15K?

#157 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

You said earlier that it sold for less than $18K. What did it actually go for? $15K?

probably closer to 15k. just another case of sellers falsely bloating MM sales for their own profits

#158 11 years ago

Sorry but I gotta say that I love that Jamaster10 is selling his machine for $10,000. That is capitalism at its best. If it sells for $10,000 everyone will have theirs for sale for the same price, if it doesn't sell then it doesn't sell. I love it. I hope it sells.

#159 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

To prove that it isn't all about the money for me, I will knock 10% off for friend pricing and deliver it for free! Only $135K!!! When do you want me to drop it off?

You've effectively called bullshit on me, as usual. Well played, sir! I should have added the aroused pinnochio smiley.

#160 11 years ago

I cannot, I shall not, I will not, read one more WOZ thread!

#161 11 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

i knew where this was going when i posted it.okay lets step back a little, TRON LE sells for under 6k now there over 9500see where im going with this!we all know that low numbers do mean something to some, if it sell great if not oh wellBut mark my word when these come out, prices will go up!!!!! I HOPEJT

I dont see it...
// Error: Image 68453 not found //

#162 11 years ago

Some one buy this thing so this thread will end - please!
On the upside, if he does get 10k for it that's great, will make mine worth more if I decide I don't like it.

#163 11 years ago

I question those who try and inflate prices. A true disservice to the Hobby and it's followers.

#164 11 years ago

All I can say is wow. A lot of opinion being shared here. Love the 1st Amendment.

#165 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I guess I have just never understood why having a low number matters. I was in on WOZ on day one and didn't even bother requesting a number. I mean seriously, who gives a shit?

Sometimes it matters with collectibles where they make changes throughout the production. maybe comics or crap like that. but in the grand scheme of things. Nobody should really give a shit about number. Limited edition or not. Personally, i'd want the last one they made, because then they might have their shit together and fixed all the problems they found out about from making the other ones.

#166 11 years ago

Or have cobbled it together from whatever pieces they had left over?

#167 11 years ago

they always have overstock on parts. The earlier the production on most things, usually the crappier it is. Unless things were cut as cost saving measures. Radical early production, has a ton of awesome shit on it, compared to the production version. This was cost saving. But many times, it's because something doesn't work and makes it play like shit. More often it's that way. Give me end of the line please.

#168 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they always have overstock on parts. The earlier the production on most things, usually the crappier it is. Unless things were cut as cost saving measures. Radical early production, has a ton of awesome shit on it, compared to the production version. This was cost saving. But many times, it's because something doesn't work and makes it play like shit. More often it's that way. Give me end of the line please.

This is why I'm glad I'm getting a regular version, the kinks should be worked out.

#169 11 years ago

I keep waiting for the "SOLD" tag to be added to the Topic line. I can't believe this hasn't sold yet....

#170 11 years ago

I won't believe it really sold unless the sucker, I mean the buyer, actually discloses himself here. LOL

#171 11 years ago

Please go away, thread.

#172 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I won't believe it really sold unless the sucker, I mean the buyer, actually discloses himself here. LOL

LOL

#173 11 years ago

Well, the weekend is winding down. No takers?

#174 11 years ago

Ah, I thought this thread finally died and now it's back. Disapointed to see my guilt trip post still didn't result in OP donating to this site he uses to sell his wares.

#175 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just my two cents, again, but I think distributors who use this website as an access point to customers to sell their wares should contribute money to this website. Robin has never made that a rule but he should.

This is my biggest pet peeve with Pinside.

I'd like to see all commercial sellers forced to pay a monthly fee. It's been out of hand for a long time.

#176 11 years ago

There are more reg pinsider's selling machines on here vs retailers. Everyone should donate. Robin has gone from an avg 100 pinsiders on line a year ago to over 300+ on line in a given day. If those extra 200 donate then all is good. Robin is taking in more money than a year ago. Its funny how a non retailer can ask crazy prices for their machines and its okay, but a retailer asking retail is a sin and their greedy and they deserved to be bashed and should be charged a fee.

If Robin charges any one he would be better off charging non commercial sellers. Robin would make more money off non commercial sellers because there are more reg non commercial selling/transactions going on in pinside than commercial selling.

I remember two years ago when I was selling MM for $6800, MB for $5000, CV's for $4500. My prices were considered crazy then. Those that got those deals back then are now cashing in!!!!!!!!! Now these machines are $15,000 for MM, $8000 for MB, $7500 for CV. Who is driving up the prices, Retailers or the Hobbyists. Who is making a Profit, Retailers or Hobbyist. Right now i see it as they are one and the same except one pays taxes, employees and overhead and the other grows his collection, reinvests(buys more machines) and builds a retirement fund, fun fund or whatever fund you want to call it..

Most are benefiting here!

#177 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I remember two years ago when I was selling MM for $6800, MB for $5000, CV's for $4500. My prices were considered crazy then. Those that got those deals back then are now cashing in!!!!!!!!!

Nobody could have predicted the market would do this and don't act like they were steals back then because of what they cost now. Most games purchased a few years ago are worth a lot more then now, especially the A listers.

Quoted from GAP:

Now these machines are $15,000 for MM, $8000 for MB, $7500 for CV.

MM is not 15K unless it's been restored. There was a very nice one posted for $14,500 and the seller heard crickets until he dropped the price to $12,750. I agree a nice MB will be 8K. There is a CV for sale right now for $5800.

#178 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Who is driving up the prices, Retailers or the Hobbyists. Who is making a Profit, Retailers or Hobbyist. Right now i see it as they are one and the same except one pays taxes, employees and overhead and the other grows his collection, reinvests(buys more machines) and builds a retirement fund, fun fund or whatever fund you want to call it..

Most are benefiting here!

I'd have to agree with that...everyone who enjoys pinball benefits from this site

#179 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Its funny how a non retailer can ask crazy prices for their machines and its okay, but a retailer asking retail is a sin and their greedy and they deserved to be bashed and should be charged a fee.

Not sure who said its OK....
Retail is retail and if you have a store front most people understand the overhead involved.
Its bottom feeding for the individual flipper to ask the retail (or more) prices.

I especially like the ones that are embarrassed to list a price but not bashful of accepting it.

#180 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Its funny how a non retailer can ask crazy prices for their machines and its okay, but a retailer asking retail is a sin and their greedy and they deserved to be bashed

Here is where this comment fails:

Non-Retailers have the pin in possesion, and didn't get a distributor's discount. The retailer doesn't have the game, never took possesion of the game, and is marking the game up a few K above retail.

#181 11 years ago

I've just read this thread for the 1st time.

I've been inspired to sell my very early pre-pre production low number Stern Star Trek (2013?) for the low, low price of $10,000.

Here is how this will work. As soon as they actually start taking orders I will make sure that I get in early. This pin will for sure (probably) (maybe) rise in value. Just think about the deal here.

For $10,000 (I need the cash up front) you are sure to get an early production run of Star Trek (2013?). And by the time you actually get it, it could very well be worth 6-7k already! But just hold onto it for like 20 years and I'm sure (probably) (maybe) it will be worth way more than 10k.

What a deal for you!

#182 11 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I've just read this thread for the 1st time.
I've been inspired to sell my very early pre-pre production low number Stern Star Trek (2013?) for the low, low price of $10,000.
Here is how this will work. As soon as they actually start taking orders I will make sure that I get in early. This pin will for sure (probably) (maybe) rise in value. Just think about the deal here.
For $10,000 (I need the cash up front) you are sure to get an early production run of Star Trek (2013?). And by the time you actually get it, it could very well be worth 6-7k already! But just hold onto it for like 20 years and I'm sure (probably) (maybe) it will be worth way more than 10k.
What a deal for you!

Damn wish you were closer

#183 11 years ago

Man, this post is a week old and some of the same old fuddy duddy women are still here complaining about his price? What a life... I hope you at least let go of your keyboard long enough to go change your undies!

#184 11 years ago

Makes me wish for a list of pin flippers. If we had a list of flippers/retailers we could sticky the list and then users could either ignore the retailers or listen to them.

#185 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Makes me wish for a list of pin flippers. If we had a list of flippers/retailers we could sticky the list and then users could either ignore the retailers or listen to them.

LOL, ignore them? That's what we wish some of you guys would do! If you don't like the post, the price, the trade being offered IGNORE IT! That's it! Your a genius! (not really) Problem is some of you guys just won't, can't, refuse, to just ignore it. You have to grab your keyboard over and over and over and over... IGNORE THE KEYBOARD FOR ONCE!

#186 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

How will you determine who is on this list? Now about the guy who trades or sells really quick to build his collection? How about me when I sold 5 pins to friends in the last year at what I paid for them and asked a high price for one that I wanted more for? It's easy to sit back and judge others when you have the money to buy 15 top of the line pins in a little over a year including a BBB.

#187 11 years ago

I said "wish". It's not a serious suggestion. I mean if I personally could know who was a flipper/retailer I would like to be able to do that just to avoid them. But we all know it's not realistic, you stated some of the reasons. There are more.

edit: 15 top of the line pins? I mean I like em, but not sure I would go as far as "top of the line"

#188 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

LOL, ignore them? That's what we wish some of you guys would do! If you don't like the post, the price, the trade being offered IGNORE IT! That's it! Your a genius! (not really) Problem is some of you guys just won't, can't, refuse, to just ignore it. You have to grab your keyboard over and over and over and over... IGNORE THE KEYBOARD FOR ONCE!

i have to completely agree with you here. as i was reading through the new posts this morning this is exactly what i wanted to say. then i thought, screw it, i will just read them and ignore them like i normally do. people are allowed to as whatever they want for their property. if they get their asking price, great. if they don't, then they will lower it or sit on it.

#189 11 years ago

I think people get caught up on the word retail and don't see them as a resource. Some of my closest friends have gotten killer deals or deals that have worked out for both parties. Now a pin flipper is a different story. Some get a machine don't do anything and flip for a profit. They can be a resource too, but understand you get what you pay for and you get a cheap pin. I see a lot of Hobbyist flip pins for profit and to feed their collection. The thing is hobbyists are asking just as much as the retailers, if not higher for their machines. Hobbyists are buying up an extra Stern Le on speculation hoping its going to be a Tron Le and make 3K profit. Right now Pins on Pinside, Mr pinball classified, RGP are trading / selling at retail prices and most are from Hobbyists.

#191 11 years ago

*spits on the ground* You guys can enjoy all of your $4,000+ machines and I'll enjoy all the good $1,000 pins that have as much if not better game-play and durability. kkthnxbye

#192 11 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

*spits on the ground* You guys can enjoy all of your $4,000+ machines and I'll enjoy all the good $1,000 pins that have as much if not better game-play and durability. kkthnxbye

You'll enjoy those thousand dollar pins until the flippers/dealers run out of 4K games. Then they will start preying on the lower price point machines too.

#193 11 years ago

ill pay 6500.

#194 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Man, this post is a week old and some of the same old fuddy duddy women are still here complaining about his price? What a life... I hope you at least let go of your keyboard long enough to go change your undies!

Undies changed - check
Pinball Machine still overpriced - check

#195 11 years ago

Honestly guys I think there is a fair middle ground that can be worked out here. Don't buy from them. Don't buy from known flippers. Don't buy NIB pins from speculators. Don't buy overpriced retail pins. They all do it because they can. There is money in it. But if the money dries up, so do they. Thats really the only thing we can do. They all drive up the prices, but if nobody is buying them they can't effect the market.

Realistic? Probably not. More people in this hobby with money to burn than brains sometimes. But what else can we do?

#196 11 years ago

Part of it is that the folks here on Pinside are much more savvy than those buyers who overpay. At least most of the time we are. There appears to be an increasing number of uninformed buyers out there who are feeding this price spiral. Add to that that some of the best pins trade from Pinsider to Pinsider and never hit the open market. There are lots of good reasons for being part of the pinball community!

3 weeks later
#199 11 years ago

DrStarkweather.

Your in the Motion Graphic / Animation Design Business. You provide a product for customers at a extremely good margin. I presume you own your own business or maybe you work for someone. Should we tell all your customers to stop buying from you or your business where you work, because you are over charging for your product and we know of a better source, cheaper and just as good of a product. What if we spread the word and its hurts your business so much it forces you to close your business or you are laid off.

Why is it okay for you to make money at your business, but its not okay for a Pinball business(Retailer) or flipper to make money.

Speculators are Hobbyists, Flippers are hobbyists, that's how this hobby got so big!

Let's stop buying Motion Graphics and Animation, so we can drive the price down or put them out of business! Kinda sounds silly doesn't it!

#200 11 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

SOLD 9300 Shipped

Congrats..... Crickets now from the peanut gallery!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eclewoz-21-for-sale-10k/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.