Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by smkalien
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#102 11 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Huh..what a terrible anology. I bet the people that burned thier Beatle ablums are kicking themselves in the arse now. The vinyl records are certainly worth more today for some collectors.
And in hindsight..the Beatles are the most succesful band in history. Sorry dont get the analogy.
Dont worry about the flippers, or the rules or gameplay...its all going to work out as a great game.

I think it's a great anology. People are all supportive for something they think is great. First sign something bad starts happening. Everyone turns their backs, and turns into a lynching. Beatles are the greatest band ever.

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Oh don't worry I will. And if the flippers feel like they did at Expo, i'll be sure the let everyone know how I feel.

Seriously, you are harping on and on about crappy flipper feel that you experienced ON AN EARLY PROTOTYPE 6 MONTHS AGO. And despite the numerous recent reports and video, all stating that the flippers are just fine (and they are; I've played a recent prototype on location here), you STILL have this bug up your butt and refuse to let go of this OLD issue until, apparently, you experience it for yourself. All of your CURRENT criticisms based on an OLD, OUTDATED experience are simply misplaced. *sheesh*

#104 11 years ago

you should experience everything with pinball yourself. If you start taking peoples word on what games are good and crap, your going to buy into all this hyped up crap that's overpriced to the gills. I've heard from more people that played it first hand, that the flipper are NOT fixed, more than the ones on here that say they are. We will see. If they feel good, i'll say so. I'm not biased either way.

#105 11 years ago

I guess Bowen was lying then?

#106 11 years ago

No reason putting money towards Hobbit, who knows when that might actually come out. Get your WOZ and enjoy it for a long time. Then decide what to do.

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Seriously, you are harping on and on about crappy flipper feel that you experienced ON AN EARLY PROTOTYPE 6 MONTHS AGO.

Quoted from StevenP:

All of your CURRENT criticisms based on an OLD, OUTDATED experience are simply misplaced. *sheesh*

At least he wasn't hating on a pin that he has not played/seen the final toys and playfield art of like someone I know. Just giving you a hard time not meant to offend.

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from Decat:

No reason putting money towards Hobbit, who knows when that might actually come out. Get your WOZ and enjoy it for a long time. Then decide what to do.

The unfortunate problem of The Hobbit was the movie. I'm not worried about Jack delivering an amazing pin, but I hated the movie so much I just can't bring myself to order one.

(Huge fan of the LOTR movies, love the LOTR pin, and very excited because my WOZECLE will get built soon because I thought the flippers were good when I played it a month ago, so I'm not a hater of anything but the Hobbit movie).

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

At least he wasn't hating on a pin that he has not played/seen the final toys and playfield art of like someone I know. Just giving you a hard time not meant to offend.

no prob, you abide! c'mon, I was giving my impressions based on observations, and not hating on it. I hope the Predator turns out to be very cool and successful. Still, a playfield that looks like it doesn't have a lot of cool shots, and that deadly standup pair dead-center.... But I acknowledge the opinions of those who have actually played it. Unlike some people who are hesitant to do so...

#110 11 years ago

I don't think how good or bad The Hobbit movies turn out to be will affect how good or bad the pin will be. I wasn't a fan of The Lord of the Rings movies but loved the pin. New Tron movie not so great but Tron pin is my favorite stern title. Prefer The Rolling Stones music to AC/DC but the AC/DC pin is much better.

#111 11 years ago

The new Tron movie was awesome!

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

no prob, you abide! c'mon, I was giving my impressions based on observations, and not hating on it. I hope the Predator turns out to be very cool and successful. Still, a playfield that looks like it doesn't have a lot of cool shots, and that deadly standup pair dead-center.... But I acknowledge the opinions of those who have actually played it. Unlike some people who are hesitant to do so...

Thanks for not getting all pissy about it. Its hard to joke around here sometimes without someone taking it personal.

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I've heard from more people that played it first hand, that the flipper are NOT fixed, more than the ones on here that say they are. We will see. If they feel good, i'll say so. I'm not biased either way.

Just FYI, I played the WOZ at the TPF and the flippers felt fine to me. Not as good as the new Sterns but very close. Yeah I know I said that. LOL. However the game had many other errors and the code was so far from finished that I could't get a good feel if it was good or not. I feel like a broken record when I say, we will see when the code is finished. The game was just OK to me at this point. It was my first time playing WOZ and I got about 12 games in. Seems like it hasn't changed much for a year now. Very disappointed in the progress so far. Really excited to see it finished.

Pappy

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I played the WOZ at the TPF and the flippers felt fine to me. Not as good as the new Sterns but very close.

That is the way I felt too,IMO they will be better when WOZ is completely finished which I think will be soon.

#115 11 years ago

Played WOZ at TPF as well. Game looks amazing, though not having the traditional translite actually took a bit of getting used to for me. LED display felt larger than what I was expecting. Gameplay felt a bit off to me though - probably just unfinished software, but there were a couple of things flow wise which I did not care for. Of course, this could be attributed to me making terrible shots and not getting enough game time in!

Overall though for the OP and some of the earlier comments, whole-heartedly agree on playing something before you buy. WOZ has always been highly anticipated for me, but I came away from it realizing its probably not going to be a "must-own" for me personally. Not a JJP bash, because I totally want them to succeed. As big of a LOTR geek that I am, I'd have to play Hobbit before purchasing. But to each his own.

As far as an earlier comment about lines for WOZ at TOF, keep in mind there were only 3 machines at the show, and of course most people there had never played one before so obviously the lines are going to stay long. This really has nothing to do with impressions of the machine itself, good, bad, or indifferent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 5.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 7.50
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ecle-woz-dilemma/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.