(Topic ID: 231460)

EBD - Weird operation after chip replacement?

By nwkadm

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by nwkadm
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from nwkadm:

I had a dead battery so I purchased and inserted a new 5101 chip that I purchased online that is a replacement instead of a new battery. The problems I was experiencing (Sound not correct, no high scores, no credits) now are normal but when I play the game and launch the 1st ball, and go down the "A" or "B" lane, it lights up the "Shoot Again" feature. Then if I make all the balls (targets) and go into "Deluxe" mode, only the "L" lights up as needed to complete Deluxe......?
Any thoughts as to what is now causing this?

Bally games have no provision to detect new / corrupted RAM. You probably have junk value in the sound select audit.

Put the game in test mode with the coin door button. Keep pushing until you get to audit 16. Use the start button to set the value to '03'. Set all the audits past 16 to '03' is pretty safe in most games. Consult the manual. One of those audits may also adjust game play rules too.

You will probably want to fix audit 01 to 15 as they likely have junk in them too. The center coin switch will clear the currently selected audit. Again see the manual for all what those audits do (high score stuff most interesting ones).

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from nwkadm:

I made some changes to Self Test 16-20 and 22 and it has gotten much better. Only issue I have now is on first ball, I get free game when I go down "a" or "b" lanes. What I cannot find in the manual, is definitive settings for the other Self Test points. When I went through each point, they are set as follows:
1=00, 2=7654321, 3=08, 4=6543210, 5=924, 6=5432106, 7=9877, 8=45, 9=98765, 10=3210000, 11=987654, 12=2100008, 13=987654, 14=1000011, 15=8765432.
Any ideas on what these should be set to or am I missing something in the manual?
TIA

You still have the test pattern saved in some of the audits. I think that is causing replay credits on small points. Clear audits with the center coin switch or button on the mpu board and that should fix the replay credit happening. Highlight audit, clear, next audit, repeat through 15.

I think 01 to 03 is replay levels and 04 is current high score. See the manual about what the audits do.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

20) [appears to be unused, if anyone knows about this, please let me know!] (can be set to 0 thru 15, but don't seem to do anything)
21) [appears to be unused, if anyone knows about this, please let me know!] (can be set to 0 thru 15, but don't seem to do anything)

Pretty sure these are the digital volume control for the squawk and talker. when jumpers on the s+t are set a certain way the mpu (at boot up?) tells the sound board what volume it wants.

from the factory it seems analogue volume control is always used. I have never attempted to see how the digital volume control works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 90.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebd-weird-operation-after-chip-replacement?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.