EBD Target and solenoids not firing

By PinWolf

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Having an issue with my EBD.

The Solenoids for the right bank of targets, inline targets, ball kickout, and right upper ball catch hole are not firing. The flipper work normally and game starts up as usual. Mother board and other circuit boards seem to be OK.

In addition, the red diagnostic button in cabinet dor does nothing when pressed.

I've checked the fuses which seem to be fine. ? wiring issue but I have no clue where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

David

#2 9 years ago

Did you check the fuse under the field near the flipper mechs?

#3 9 years ago

Yes.

It looks OK. When I take it out the Pop Bumpers stop workind as expected.

Thanks.

#4 9 years ago

AH, OK. Have you checked the voltage on the solenoid lugs?

Press and hold the red diag button down while gently moving the connector on the MPU. If it enters test, rebuild connector.

#5 9 years ago

The bridge rectifiers on the power supply board in the cabinet can cause weird issues if they become de-soldered from getting hot or whatever. Also the connectors on that board can cause weird issues like that as well if they are failing. Try un-plugging those and plugging them back in (with the game off)

Good luck

#6 9 years ago

I'll try those things when I get home. Thanks again.

#7 9 years ago

is the solenoid expander working properly, and does the connected lightbulb flash?
Check for bad connector or soldering.

#8 9 years ago

Since the pops and (and probably slings) are working then I would check for a break in the power chain. One of the coils probably has a loose/broken wire. Should be an orange or brown wire that goes from coil to coil.

9 months later
#9 8 years ago

What was the issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 179.00
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebd-target-and-solenoids-not-firing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.