• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
1559252939251147379816 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oilspot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Anyone else had this happen? When the "3x" target is down and the "D" rollover is closed ,Tilt!. Now ordinarily I'd look at the switch matrix and see what switch is in the fourth corner of the square drawn by "tilt", "3x" and "D", and check that diode, but there's nothing there!

1559252939251147379816 (resized).jpg1559252939251147379816 (resized).jpg
#5 4 years ago

The tilt is like a normal tilt, sound/speech and next ball kicks out after. . I will give these switches a look, thanks!

#7 4 years ago

In my diagnostic work last evening I went over the diodes on the tilt mechanism and coin door, even unplugged the coin door after starting a game and POP first thing hit on the pf awards a credit still. Now this isn't that bad a problem to have with a home use machine, it always ensures a credit is on it, but it's annoying. This machine has bigger problems which i'll turn my attention to and revisit this after it's sorted better. Thanks all for the info and clearing up the Bally matrix!

#8 4 years ago

Still got a couple slam tilt switches to check, but I started a game and then unplugged the coin door completely and the problem is still present. I've tested all the diodes related to this part of the matrix and they all test good. So for now, In stumped.now another problem has popped up where all three pop bumpers fire together in play and in solenoid test but I dividually when the transistor tabs are grounded manually. I suspect header pins and connectors between mpu and driver or possibly a PIA. But that issue will get its own thread if I can't solve it... Anyway, thanks for clearing up the Bally switch matrix for me and getting me pointed right, I'll update if I fix it.

#10 4 years ago

Ok, I feel a little stupid but I think I figured out what was causing the multiple pop bumper firings. I had just finished working on them and had the switches set on a hair trigger. When the first one popped it set off the others....duh.

#11 4 years ago

I may have the tilt issue licked too. I just cut the cap off the tilt bob switch and it now seems to be okay. At least for the couple games I have on it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oilspot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebd-switch-matrix-ghosting-tilt?tu=oilspot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.