Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3512 (Medium) (resized).JPG
IMG_3481 (Medium) (resized).JPG
IMG_0737 (resized).jpg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpg

#1 49 days ago

Hi everyone, restoring/ trying to get everything up and running on my recently purchased EBD. I had some burnt resistors on my solenoid board as well as some of my MPU. A fellow pinsider name Quench helped me out alot with those issues and now I still have no displays nor sound. I just noticed my sound board is upside down, is it plugged to the wrong connectors like this? Tks

IMG_0737 (resized).jpgIMG_0737 (resized).jpg

#2 49 days ago

Board is mounted upside down like that on IPDB, looks normal.

#3 49 days ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

Board is mounted upside down like that on IPDB, looks normal.

Ah. K good to know.

#4 49 days ago

I'd be removing the ni-cad battery on your MPU board asap and replacing it with a supercap, battery pack or nvram.

Bally must have changed the positioning of boards at some point
IMG_3481 (Medium) (resized).JPG
IMG_3512 (Medium) (resized).JPG

#5 49 days ago

RE: displays, what DC voltage do you measure at test points TP4 and TP2 on the solenoid drive board?
Note1: these are typically high voltages in the range of 180 - 240 volts so take care measuring.
Note2: you'll need to set your multi-meter to the 600V DC scale.

#6 46 days ago

Looks like you have the later run EBD. The S&T board is sideways and not upside down. Probably because the later cabinets were narrower.
So the game boots? Your getting 7 flashes on the MPU? Check the key position on the S&T and the aux lamp boards to be sure your not getting those cables reversed.

Measure voltages. No coils is 43v issue. Check 5v jumper on J3 of SD board.
No displays could be bad fuse on SD board.

#7 43 days ago

In addition to this, the fuse on the SDB is supposed to protect the display, so check to see if it's blown.

Quoted from Quench:

RE: displays, what DC voltage do you measure at test points TP4 and TP2 on the solenoid drive board?
Note1: these are typically high voltages in the range of 180 - 240 volts so take care measuring.
Note2: you'll need to set your multi-meter to the 600V DC scale.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside