• Latest reply 5 years ago by nwkadm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5101 Chip (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

I recently turned on my EBD and the sound, hi scores, credits, etc. have reset back to default or something. Is there a CMOS battery or something I could look at or change that would fix this?

TIA

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from nwkadm:

I recently turned on my EBD and the sound, hi scores, credits, etc. have reset back to default or something. Is there a CMOS battery or something I could look at or change that would fix this?
TIA

Yes lower middle of your cpu board is a battery. I would snip it off ( make sure) no alkaline damage. Order up an nvram and install that in place of the cmos 5101.

Lockwhenlit.com. Rob Anthony
Pinballlife.com. Terry.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks Terry - will I need to reset anything?

#4 5 years ago

No just swap out the 5101 to nvram (make sure you tell them it's for 5101 style) . I am Chad by the eay.

#5 5 years ago

Sorry Chad and thanks for your help/advice.

#6 5 years ago

Chad - 1 more question - I see BT1 in the lower middle of the MPU board - it has 2 leads. If I snip it off, how does the NVRam go in - does it get soldered to the 2 leads?

Sorry - I tried looking at pictures of the NVRam and it looks like an IC Chip layout.

#7 5 years ago

The nvram will go into U8 the 5101 ram chip. thin rectangular chip. Make sure your pin orientantion is correct. You will see a small marking on the chip.

#8 5 years ago

Thanks again Chad - I am attaching a picture of my MPU Board.

So just to be clear, I clip off the Battery (BT1) and then replace the chip in U8 with the newly purchased NVRam chip - correct?

Thanks for all your help.

5101 Chip (resized).JPG5101 Chip (resized).JPG
#9 5 years ago

That is correct. Enjoy.

1 week later
#10 5 years ago

Chad,

I have received and inserted the 5101 chip. All the sound is now normal and my high scores etc. seem to work. Now when I play the game and launch the ball, if I go down the "B" lane, it lights up the free ball feature. Then if I make all the balls and go into "Deluxe" mode, only the "L" lights up as needed to complete Deluxe......?

Any thoughts as to what is now causing this? Bad 5101 chip?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 90.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebd-reset-iteself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.