Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by glilly-BOA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

I have a couple of questions on repair. I have replaced a flipper coil and found that the plunger collar is shot along with the return spring. Where can I buy these individually, I typically see kits? I am also looking for the blue plastic posts that are all over the playfield since some of them are cracked. Lastly, I have some lights up around the eight ball and the multiplier chutes that flicker or only come on when the ball hits in that area fairly hard. Would you think this to be corrosion in the sockets or a short in the wiring or something else? I'm thinking about cleaning some of these sockets and/or replacing a bit of wiring here and there. There are some other issues with things like the special lamp staying lit but I don't want to ask too many questions at once. It's my first machine and I am taking it a bit slowly. I have access to great soldering equipment and some very good electrical expertise (father in law is retired electrical tech from Rockwell), just not with pinball machines. I have the manual with all of the schematics. Thanks and sorry for the multiple questions.

#2 13 years ago

There are a lot of places that sell individual parts. Maro Specialties is the one I use most often. You may want to start by looking in their "Playfield Parts" page.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/storeitems.asp?cc=PFLD

The intermittent lights is most likely due to corroded sockets (seen it a lot). You can clean them, but they are hard to keep working once the rivetted end starts working loose. Best to replace.

Taking your time is a good idea. Get to know the machine and how it works.

G

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 179.00
$ 10.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebd-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.