Topic poll

“Which one PURELY based on fun?”

• Data east time machine 5 votes
    42%
  • Eight ball deluxe 7 votes
    58%

(12 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 9 years ago

I have the chance to borrow and fix up either a Data East Time Machine or an Eight Ball Deluxe. Money is not a factor as I am not buying or reselling (and that's not what's important in this hobby anyway) and let's assume they are working and in similar condition. This is just a matter of which will be more fun to have for a short term basis.

I feel like Time Machine would be a bigger hit with guests, it has crazy ramps, multiball, and the fun feature of chimes kicking in when you hit the fifties. My concern is that it's basically a two ramp shot game that may get old fast. Also may be somewhat similar in a vague way to WCS94 which I have.

EBD has great art, tons of drop targets including inline, total shooters game that requires strategy. My concerns are that there is no multiball, and guests may not like it.

It would go into a collection with WCS94, Taxi, and World Fair 64 EM.

Opinions please.

#2 9 years ago

Time Machine has unobtainium ramps, plastics, etc....but the ability to steal somebody's Time Warp makes it a blast as a multiplayer with friends. Catchy sound bytes too, and in Stereo!

EBD is probably better for single players who are good players I'm guessing. More depth. But I have very little experience with it, it does not appeal to me, and was not fun for me. It's highly regarded in pinball though.

Having a wsc94 and had a TM I don't think they are similar

I'd go for TM...great multiplayer party game, and it's also somewhat rare so pinheads will want a taste of it

Bob C

#3 9 years ago

time machine, 3 ramps but two are joined, is just lots of fun. I've only played the VP-8 PC emulation of it, it isnt a huge challenge overall, making the inner left warp ramp in the few seconds it gives for the million can be tough. the bells chimes and knockers going nuts during multiball is good obnoxious fun, same for the callouts for the different decades, can I use mom's big wooden spoon she used to spank us with, please? it might not be a huge challenge playing or winning but is fun like a pinball machine should be, RBION is fun like that too (a bit tougher).

#4 9 years ago

Time machine Not that eight ball deluxe is bad but the are very different machines. Time machine is a quick play but a fun and enjoyable play as were 8 ball tends to be a slower gotta work the drop targets game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 10.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebd-or-data-east-time-machine-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.