Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have an eight ball deluxe LE. Game was working great, now I have no power to both left flippers. The right flipper works fine.

When checking voltages, I started at the flipper button switch and worked my way back to the driver board. It appears I have no power at J2 #2 pin when a game is started. J2 #2 pin on the solenoid driver board is the supply to the left flipper. Driver board is in excellent shape with no burnt traces. Any advice on what to check/replace next will be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

Bump. New board?

#4 6 years ago

It looks like by the schematic that the input voltage to the relay for the left flipper comes from J1 pin 8, so verify voltage there.

#5 6 years ago

The SDB does not supply power to the flipper coils, it controls a path to ground. The power chain looks like this:

Rectifier board => flipper coils (always have power) => J1 pins 8 & 9 (always have power) => flipper relay (on/off switch for circuit) => J2 pins 1 & 2 (power during game, no power in attract or tilt) => flipper switches (power on one switch blade during game) => ground

So with a game started, the flipper relay will be engaged and provide continuity between J1 and J2. You should see power on J1, J2 and one blade of each flipper switch.

Since you don't see power on J2, check J1 as stated above. If you have power on J1 then you either have a bad flipper relay or a bad connector at J1 or J2 or cracked solder joints on the header pins.

If you have no power on J1, I'm guessing there's a broken wire on one of the flipper coils. The power comes from the rectifier board to one end of the fuse holder under the playfield. Another wire runs from the same end of the fuse holder to one of the flipper coils. Depending on the game it could be the right or left. Let's assume the right. Power is then daisy chained from the right coil to the left coil, so you also have to check the right flipper to see if there's a broken wire.

#6 6 years ago

I will check J1. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I was kinda stumped. Still sharpening my skills on board throubleshooting. I'll update my findings.

#7 6 years ago

I just posted something similar about my Transformers LE, transistor went out causing flipper to stay on and then blew the fuse, need to replace the transistor on my board. The bad transistor was keeping the solenoid engaged, sounds like yours is the opposite though, so you may be able to rule out the transistor being bad?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 45.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebd-no-power-to-left-flippers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.