Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Occelot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hey guys, in the process of getting an EBD up and running. During test mode, I have all solenoids, however, in-game, I only have flippers and trough solenoid.
Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks!

#2 3 years ago

I always suspect the solenoid expander board with problems like this. Find the SE module on the bottom of the playfield and check the load lamp next to it. Make sure it's not missing or been replaced by an LED. Then check it's cable and pin connections.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks. The load lamp is never illuminated. So I guess I should check the pins. Thanks

#4 3 years ago

Looking at this I can see a multitude of possible failure points: http://www.techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/ballyss/rep/index3.htm#expand

Pretty crazy that the lamp driver board could be a culprit as well!

#5 3 years ago

Are all of the switches working? Are you using the original MPU or an Alltek board? If Alltek, are the game select dips set properly?

#6 3 years ago

I am using Altek, yes, game select switches are set correctly. All switches are working, well some are dirty like the 7 balls switch.

#7 3 years ago

Are you sure the solenoid expander lamp never lights even during solenoid test? Seems like it should if you are getting the outhole kicker working correctly during play since it is one that is controlled by it, along with two other solenoids. You should get the lamp lighting three times in a row during the solenoid test.

#8 3 years ago

There is a loose connection on the solenoid expander lamp. When I jiggle it just right, it does de/illuminate in test mode.
I am rebuilding the power supply. Will check back in a week or so when I'm done.

#9 3 years ago

Put the game in lamp test and the lamp should blink and the relay click like the turn signal on a car.

#10 3 years ago

A key indication that the solenoid expander is not working is that when you go to start a game, the 1 ball target will drop instead of a ball being served to the plunger.

1 week later
#11 3 years ago

The lamp flashes on and off when in test. Still not slings or pops when game is in play, only when in solenoid test mode. Any ideas?

#12 3 years ago

I have ordered new connectors for the sol and lamp driver boards. They were a little corroded. I'll touch back when I replace them..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebd-loses-pops-slings-and-dd-reset-solenoids-in-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.