• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8bd_flip.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

Next measure resistance on all of the coil lugs and make sure the coils are not open or shorted.

1 week later
#27 8 years ago

It's sounding like you have a broken primary winding. With Cody's last test you have verified everything except the coil itself. With everything reconnected normally, hold the flipper button in and push the flipper up by hand. Does it eventually pull in and hold? If so, the coil needs to be replaced or if you're lucky and the wire broke at the lug you can unwind a turn, strip and resolder.

#31 8 years ago

Have you posted a pic of your lower left flipper coil wiring, maybe in another thread?

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Could that be my issue?

The two coils are wired in series so their resistance is summed when power is applied to the right lug (brown wire) and ground is connected to the left lug (green wire). IIRC, the power winding measures about 3 ohms, the hold winding measures about 350 ohms.

The EOS switch shorts power across the hold winding, thus removing it from the circuit. When the flipper button is pressed, high current flows through the circuit because the power winding is low resistance and the hold winding is bypassed. As the flipper engages, the EOS switch is opened, and the short is removed. Current now flows through both windings, creating a high resistance, low current circuit.

If your splice is bad, especially if the wire is just wrapped around the other wire and not soldered, the result could be the same as an open or bad EOS switch. I would cut that splice and solder it directly to the right lug.

#37 8 years ago

I think it will rear it's ugly head again

#39 8 years ago

That's where I'd start, but I thought you already tried running an alligator jumper across the EOS switch.

#43 8 years ago

When you measure resistance between the center lug and the green wire lug what does it read? Should be about 3 ohms.

#45 8 years ago

Yes. I'm sure someone at the show will help you if you still have issues.

1 week later
#51 8 years ago

Good deal, congrats on your award!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebd-left-flippers-dead?tu=dothedoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.