5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by neopolss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neopolss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

This eight ball has been a slow process to get going. It is technically playable, but certain things still arent working. Firstly, I have an alltek mpu and alltek solenoid driver pcb. All going good, voltages good. I have no playfield lights in the center, no solenoids that are part of the expander pcb. The three fuse block under the playfield had no fuses. I put in three 1a fuses. The lights came on and the fuse blew. I looked up the fuse ratings and discovered my mistake. Two fuses should be 10a. I swapped in the 10a but now - nothing. No light by the solenoid expansion pcb, no center lights, basically flippers and the right side bank. Any ideas? It is quite possible that multiple things are wrong. This pin was in horrendous non working shape.

#5 5 years ago

Checking a few things. I find all fuses below are good. I rebuilt the power input pcb beforehand, still outputting good volts all across.measuring the solenoid expander pcb there is 43v present. Seems like there is an isue there since it has no activity. Im not going to focus on the lighting for now and just see about getting the playfield solenoids all working. My belief is that prior to owning this pinball it suffered some sort of voltage issue that took out a lot of parts. The original mpu, solenoid pcb, and squawk and talk were all non working.

#6 5 years ago

Update: searching here found another post with a similar issue and some sage advice. G.P.E mentioned checking for AC at the bridge on the rectifier pcb. Interestingly enough, when I set my dmm to AC and checked, I briefly had lights. Bad/loose/cold connection. I promptly pulled the pcb and reflowed new solder on my bridges and problem number 1 is solved. Now I have full playfield lights and a solenoid expander working. This pinball is making a recovery! Now I have only to solve the issue of no pop bumpers or slingshots (all other solenoids work). I'm starting with the J2 harness and working my way down. Since the knocker on the J2 DOES work, I'm suspecting a bad connector in need of repinning, but it is worth the time to make sure the signal from each is reaching the playfield.

#9 5 years ago

Turned out to be a simple fix. The five pin harness was not connected. It was in between the displays and didnt find it until I started tracing wires. So, lights, solenoids, action! Im moving on to the sound board and this guy is almost all the way working!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neopolss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebd-le-no-lights-no-pop-bumpers-but-good-fuses-im-stumped?tu=neopolss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.