Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 months ago

I have an Eight Ball Deluxe that I've been working on getting functioning 100%. In the process of getting things working under the playfield, the sounds are now messed up. I'm not hearing any background sound effects and the call outs are not correct. I don't have any experience with a pin this old, so looking for tips on where to start troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help!

#2 11 months ago

Over the years my EBD has had similar sound issues. Replacing all the capacitors on the sound board solved missing sounds, and flaky IC sockets on the mpu caused confused sounds and confused everything else lol.

#3 11 months ago

Does anyone make a cap kit for these boards?

#5 11 months ago

Thanks for the suggestion, I should have checked Great Plains. I'm not sure it's the board, after I posted I went to do some troubleshooting and the start button wouldn't start a game. I opened the backbox and the game reset and then it would start a game, and the sounds were fine.

I'll definitely look into the kits from GPE though.

I had no idea these older games were all leaf switches! On the plus side, I'm getting good at setting the gap on them.

Edit: Out of stock at GPE, but good to know they carry them.

#6 11 months ago

Kit may show as out if stock. But I have found that often if you look he has the parts for the kit available ala cart & usually cheaper than kit

#8 11 months ago

GPE had all the parts available, but I had to substitute one cap from the more expensive manufacturer which put me a few dollars over the kit price, but still under $10.

#9 11 months ago

Reflow the pin connections while you have the board at the soldering station.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 7.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 90.00
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside