(Topic ID: 245249)

EBD display very touchy, same segment, all digits

By frenchmarky

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I was checking some dip switch adjustments and out of nowhere one display started acting up, the same segment on all digits started flickering on and off. If I just barely touch the thing I can make it act up. Swapped it and another display and the problem moved with it so don’t think it’s the connector. These are original Bally 7 digit units. Suggestions? Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

As a quick fix twist the connectors a couple of 360s so there’s tension and plug back in. Do it with the game off, or you’ll probably get zapped pretty bad

#3 4 years ago

You probably need to resolder the header pins. Pretty common for the solder joints to crack on these displays.

#4 4 years ago

Okay I reheated the connector pin joints on the board and the pins from the ‘tube’ that go to the board, dunno which fixed it but looks to be all good now, gracias.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 10.00
$ 179.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebd-display-very-touchy-same-segment-all-digits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.