Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by thedefog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg
    download.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Before November 6, 2014. Fee structure 10% of selling costs capped at $250
    After November 6, 2014. Fee structure 10% of selling costs capped at $750

Example. If you sold a $2500 pin or a $6000 dollar pin, max fee the seller paid was capped at $250.
    Today, the pin that sells for $6000 would cost you $600 in seller fees.

Moral of the story. Sell your pins on Pinside and donate.

ebay.com link: sellers update to maximum final value fee and automatic relist feature

#2 9 years ago

Ebay can suck it.

#3 9 years ago

damn. that blows. no doubt dont sell on ebay anymore

#4 9 years ago

Oh man they are trying to pull a Netflix move, not good, almost time to buy stock in eBay, then when they put back the old pricing we can all be rich.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Effective November 6; until recently the 10% fee was capped at $250.

Previously, if you sold a $2500 pin or a $6000 dollar pin, max fee the seller paid was capped at $250.

wow that really sucks

#6 9 years ago

All these changes one after another are getting ridiculous.

#7 9 years ago

I'm glad to hear they are shooting themselves in the foot quite accurately this time.

#8 9 years ago

I stopped 90% of my ebay selling activities back when they forced you to accept paypal.

Did you know that the seller has no protection if a buyer picks up an item from you and then lies and says they never got it? You need to have a signed delivery confirmation to prove they received your item!

#9 9 years ago

Pinside lawyers, it's time for someone to file antitrust litigation. Ebay is a virtual monopoly that needs to be broken. This is just shameless, not even doubling the fee but tripling it!?!?!

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Pinside lawyers, it's time for someone to file antitrust litigation. Ebay is a virtual Monopoly that needs to be broken. This is just shameless, not even doubling the fee but tripling it!?!?!

The thing is that they can charge pretty much anything they want considering there's basically no viable competition they have to be worried about.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Pinside lawyers, it's time for someone to file antitrust litigation. Ebay is a virtual Monopoly that needs to be broken. This is just shameless, not even doubling the fee but tripling it!?!?!

I could be wrong but believe the barrier of entry into online auction house media is actually fairly low, compared to many other industries anyway. Not sure how an anti trust suit would look against eBay honestly. Not an easy case for sure.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The thing is that they can charge pretty much anything they want considering there's basically no viable competition they have to be worried about.

Well, not true.. now granted not in auction form, BUT you can sell items on Amazon with the same set up as EBay.. but based on most of the pinball machines, there are hardly any auctions at this point that do not have the starting bid MORE than the game is worth to begin with.

#13 9 years ago

Don't forget the new 180 days to file a dispute rule that also went into effect.. so now a buyer has 6 months to file a claim on something they buy.. even most retail stores give you 90 days tops.

#14 9 years ago

I have thought about this. Someone needs to do a pinball trader.com website that allows free ads. It would be similar to Mr. Pinball but more content with pictures, etc. You could set it up to have a suggestion for donation upon completed sale and ads could be flagged for spam. Also could have feedback from previous sales to verify credibility of the seller. Pinside marketplace is good but does not have the same amount of exposure. I keep running into pinball people that have not heard of Pinside or simply do not follow. Pinball Trader.com seems like a good name-wonder if it is available and if someone could set up? I found pinballtraders (random website) but not pinballtrader?

#15 9 years ago

eBay finally realized we use it as a virtual showroom Nobody is selling a Fish Tales for $4,795. Buyer goes to craigslist in sellers hometown and boom...... There it is. No fees no paypal no problems.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Example. If you sold a $2500 pin or a $6000 dollar pin, max fee the seller paid was capped at $250.
    ebay.com link

I tell you...I miss the pre-ebay days. I am 51 and remember a time when yahoo classified & auctions were the bomb! I use to sell all my stuff and for free! It went quick and easy every time. Again I'm old so this was back when Netscape was your main browser and google was not even around yet. You used yahoo, excite,info seek, MSN, Alta vista, etc as search engines...usually you used them all in the same day since no one search engine had an internet catalog suitable for any given random search. Oh yeah...no pop ups, pop unders or any of this browser advertising junk like we have now! EBay prices are do the internet becoming commercialized

#17 9 years ago

Wow! Hard to believe that nobody has stepped up to compete with eBay. I doubt they will stop there with the fees.

#18 9 years ago

Ebay is losing users by the 100s everyday.

#19 9 years ago

I would never sell anything expensive enough on eBay for the new fee scale to apply to me. I don't sell anything on eBay that I wouldn't be okay with just losing outright completely if it had to be that way. Just too risky to sell on there nowadays.

#20 9 years ago

Does anyone know if they changed the cap on cars? From what I was told it was 125.00 cap on cars, just curious if that went up as well?

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

ebay.com link

Eflay can charge whatever the F**k they want as far as I'm concerned. I haven't sold anything oin there for over two years.

Looks like Ebay corporate is in the beginning downward slide to chapter 11. With added fees comes higher seller prices, which makes folks look elsewhere, and they will.

#22 9 years ago

Wow, just wow. I am about to put 3-6 pins on ebay. I am now reconsidering. Its great to use as you get to advertise to so many people, but 10% plus paypal. Ugh not the best option.

#23 9 years ago

as pinplayerinva says, ebay is a showroom for many. Ebay will still let you put in a phone number with your ad. Buyer will call you directly and deals are done outside of ebay.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from mg81:

as pinplayerinva says, ebay is a showroom for many. Ebay will still let you put in a phone number with your ad. Buyer will call you directly and deals are done outside of ebay.

Til they make a rule to eliminate that option too. THEN EBay will be a ghost town.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Til they make a rule to eliminate that option too. THEN EBay will be a ghost town.

Put phone number on a photo of what you're selling and post it in the ad.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I have thought about this. Someone needs to do a pinball trader.com website that allows free ads. It would be similar to Mr. Pinball but more content with pictures, etc. You could set it up to have a suggestion for donation upon completed sale and ads could be flagged for spam. Also could have feedback from previous sales to verify credibility of the seller. Pinside marketplace is good but does not have the same amount of exposure. I keep running into pinball people that have not heard of Pinside or simply do not follow. Pinball Trader.com seems like a good name-wonder if it is available and if someone could set up? I found pinballtraders (random website) but not pinballtrader?

Bring back pynball.com

#27 9 years ago

This seams like a terrible business plan. I always thought E-Bay was a pure genius idea. What are E-Bay's costs? I would think what they collect would mostly be profit.

#28 9 years ago

I would guess a majority of these fees go back to the buyer. I can't tell you how many 10% "ebay cash" offers I received in the past month. I would think if they want to keep this farce going would cost them money to increase their sales. Give something back to the seller!

3 weeks later
    #29 9 years ago

I just sold MY FIRST something for $45 bucks on epay. They charged me $4.50. Then I paid $7.50 in shipping. Then I had to drive the item to the Post Office.

Why bother?

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

I just sold MY FIRST something for $45 bucks on epay. They charged me $4.50. Then I paid $7.50 in shipping. Then I had to drive the item to the Post Office.
    Why bother?

ya-that about sums it up- ill give something away or trash it befor i go into that ebay head ache- its ok for buying. great for locating pins at least

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

Why bother?

now if the buyer returns it you will be out $19.50.

#32 9 years ago

EBay just lost me as a seller. Good bye!

#33 9 years ago

Ebay and Paypal are actually separate functioning companies once again, despite being owned by the same entity. However, they're still the two most evil bastard companies on the internet, and have THE WORST customer support in the history of the corporate world.

Most of the loss in revenue as of late (which is the reason for these increased fees) was due to their poor use of Adwords, spammy footers on pages, and links to poor content in conjunction with terrible integration of SEO that they are still playing catch-up trying to resolve. They lost something like 80% of their search query returns in Google when Panda 4.0 was launched.

download.jpgdownload.jpg
    images.jpgimages.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-valuation-fees-from-250-to-750 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.