Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tadowhere
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0807 (1) (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0967 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cubesnake.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 5 years ago

Sadly, I don't believe that most people have read Ebay's arbitration agreement. Regardless, ebay is still terrible. It IS great for exposure, but the risks that ebay itself has imposed on sellers is enormous, therefore negating the great exposure. Bottom line, if you're thinking of selling a pin on ebay, just don't. I'm not talking about the Nigerian scammers, I'm talking about dishonest buyers, and trust me, they outnumber the Nigerians by scores. When you consider all the sub-assemblies that make up a pin, the risk for someone being displeased is too large. Anything from playfield condition, to pop bumpers, to boards...well, you get the idea. Any one of these could be deemed "not as advertised" and guess what? You're out all your $$ until it is resolved.
    Craigslist USED to be good, but the amount of no-shows, tire kickers and low-ballers (thanks to Pawn Stars on that last one), makes it impractical to use.
    The latest one I've had pretty decent luck with is Offerup. Much, much better than LetGo, which is a joke. LetGo actually ENCOURAGES tire kickers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cubesnake.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-sucks?tu=cubesnake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.