Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tadowhere
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0807 (1) (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0967 (resized).jpeg
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

I sold a high end film scanner years ago. The buyer said he needed it for a project. He used it for a month and then submitted a "not as advertised" and returned it. He didn't follow the rules though when he returned it - forgot to send it with a required signature. You have no idea how tempted I was to say "sorry, I didn't get it...". But the angel on my shoulder won out.

I relisted it and someone else bought it for a few bucks more so it worked out I guess.

Last time I sold something on eBay - not worth the risk.

#52 5 years ago

I'm amazed I have to repeat this in every eBay sucks thread.....

The eBay user agreement requires disputes be settled by arbitration.

As part of the arbitration agreement, eBay agrees to pay the arbitration fees, which can be thousands of dollars. Yes, you read that right....over $1,000. If eBay charges you fees they haven't earned, dispute it in writing, as required by the User Agreement. Tell eBay that you want to take the matter to arbitration. According to the User Agreement, "If the value of the relief sought is $10,000 or less, at your request, eBay will pay all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees associated with the arbitration." Once they see this, this will make you a settlement offer. This has worked flawlessly with numerous other companies that require arbitration in their terms and conditions.

You can thank me later.

#53 5 years ago

people often sign onto ebay as a new member bid and than never log in again, or are they just being a bonehead

#54 5 years ago

Sadly, I don't believe that most people have read Ebay's arbitration agreement. Regardless, ebay is still terrible. It IS great for exposure, but the risks that ebay itself has imposed on sellers is enormous, therefore negating the great exposure. Bottom line, if you're thinking of selling a pin on ebay, just don't. I'm not talking about the Nigerian scammers, I'm talking about dishonest buyers, and trust me, they outnumber the Nigerians by scores. When you consider all the sub-assemblies that make up a pin, the risk for someone being displeased is too large. Anything from playfield condition, to pop bumpers, to boards...well, you get the idea. Any one of these could be deemed "not as advertised" and guess what? You're out all your $$ until it is resolved.
    Craigslist USED to be good, but the amount of no-shows, tire kickers and low-ballers (thanks to Pawn Stars on that last one), makes it impractical to use.
    The latest one I've had pretty decent luck with is Offerup. Much, much better than LetGo, which is a joke. LetGo actually ENCOURAGES tire kickers.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Well the buyer just isn't responding to my messages or the request to cancel. I don't understand it.

If Buyer doesn't respond. Ebay will side with you. Stop emailing him. In your case thread you will see the date.
    Just got an email few days ago that wanted to return item after 120 days...lol.
    Needless to say he's screwed. I'm not even going to answer that email. My listings clearly say 14 days at buyers expense. His reasoning was just to shady.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

If Buyer doesn't respond. Ebay will side with you. Stop emailing him. In your case thread you will see the date.
    Just got an email few days ago that wanted to return item after 120 days...lol.
    Needless to say he's screwed. I'm not even going to answer that email. My listings clearly say 14 days at buyers expense. His reasoning was just to shady.

People have returned and file claims over a year later, believe it or not
    They get fraud involved and PayPal has actually reversed stuff that far in the past

I don’t believe a thing ebay or PayPal says and it’s all at the others have mentioned a level of risk a person is willing to take on there

Great for selling junk no one wants elsewhere

#57 5 years ago

Man this gets even better. The buyer is claiming that having a shipper pick up a game isn't really shipping it. Unbelievable. He's trying to bully me into finishing the transaction on his terms. This whole thing has a ton of red flags to me at this point. I'm going to attempt to call ebay again tomorrow to explain the situation because I hate having stuff like this lingering. I'm not going to attempt to sell the game until this is resolved either. Maybe he'll come around and send me cash.

#58 5 years ago

scammers are lazy people with poor skill traits for honest methods they really have little to offer , they want your money or use your stuff , the only method they have is to con. and they are every where , I have discovered them on ebay and CL both , thank you for sharing the eBay horror stories and sorry for those in duress

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I have not sold anything on Ebay for years so I am not up to date on policy. I used to take personal checks---the old school way.
    Are you all telling me that Ebay now requires you to use Paypal only?

Nope, I put "cash only" in the auction text for expensive items that I list on ebay. That way you get the exposure that ebay offers but without the risk.

#60 5 years ago

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-sucks/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.