(Topic ID: 257103)

eBay: Selling Bally/Williams speaker panel stickers..Ok?

By JoinTheCirqus

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

peter-griffin-who-the-hell-cares (resized).jpg

#1 5 months ago

Hm, just noticed them on eBay. Obviously to put on AFM MM and MB remakes. Full disclosure, I own those 3 originals. But I’ve heard that the remakes are pretty darn good, which is great that more people can enjoy the game. But putting a Bally or Williams sticker on there to “complete the look”...seriously? Plus, there’s gotta be copyright infringement, even the font is copied perfectly. Why would an owner of an American Pinball machine want that on there anyway?

#2 5 months ago

If someone wants a sticker on their machine then so be it. People do all kinds of mods I would never personally do however it doesn't make it wrong. Why do people care what others do with their machine. All this thread will probably do is result in Rick going after them and sending a S&D letter so I hope you are happy.

#3 5 months ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

If someone wants a sticker on their machine then so be it. People do all kinds of mods I would never personally do however it doesn't make it wrong. Why do people care what others do with their machine. All this thread will probably do is result in Rick going after them and sending a S&D letter so I hope you are happy.

Happy? Please. I am interested in soliciting others input. It’s right there on eBay in plain sight, not like it’s hiding anywhere. I’ve got nothing against the remakes. Get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

#4 5 months ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Hm, just noticed them on eBay. Obviously to put on AFM MM and MB remakes. Full disclosure, I own those 3 originals. But I’ve heard that the remakes are pretty darn good, which is great that more people can enjoy the game. But putting a Bally or Williams sticker on there to “complete the look”...seriously? Plus, there’s gotta be copyright infringement, even the font is copied perfectly. Why would an owner of an American Pinball machine want that on there anyway?

I think you mean Chicago Gaming Company, not AP.

This is potentially trademark infringement, not copyright. Seems like an area PPS is not involved in - I believe Scientific Games is the trademark holder. They probably don’t give a crap though

#5 5 months ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think you mean Chicago Gaming Company, not AP.
    This is potentially trademark infringement, not copyright. Seems like an area PPS is not involved in - I believe Scientific Games is the trademark holder. They probably don’t give a crap though

Ah yes, Chicago gaming, my bad

#6 5 months ago

I was always curious as to how many narcs are in this hobby. Full disclosure, I have no affiliation with sticker seller, could care less and surprised that others do.

#7 5 months ago

Happy? Please. I am interested in soliciting others input. It’s right there on eBay in plain sight, not like it’s hiding anywhere. I’ve got nothing against the remakes. Get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

RunDMD clocks existed on Pinside for years in plain sight and all it took was Rick to see one of the threads get bumped recently and then his threats went out. So while I doubt Rick monitors every item sold on eBay I am sure this thread will get his attention. Solicit all the input you want but I think what you will find is most don't care if someone wants to put a small sticker on their DMD panel.

#8 5 months ago

OP is from New Hampshire....must be pretty boring up there in these winter months to worry about a little sticker.

#9 5 months ago

who cares what ppl do with their own pins?? seriously?

Quoted from Djshakes:

I was always curious as to how many narcs are in this hobby. Full disclosure, I have no affiliation with sticker seller, could care less and surprised that others do.

#10 5 months ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

RunDMD clocks existed on Pinside for years in plain sight and all it took was Rick to see one of the threads get bumped recently and then his threats went out.

Thanks for pointing out what a RunDMD clock is, no idea that product existed. Pretty cool.... probably should read the entire 1000+ message thread if the takedown info is in there.

#12 5 months ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Highway robbery IMO
    ebay.com link » Williams Speaker Panel Logo Decal For Medieval Madness

$27 dollars for a Fing sticker!
    Maybe it is licensed?

#13 5 months ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Maybe it is licensed?

Crap, I paid only a few bucks more than that for a laser-cut version of the Williams logo to go onto an aftermarket WPC95 speaker panel.
    It's on a real game though, but wow. that is quite a lot.

#14 5 months ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

I was always curious as to how many narcs are in this hobby.

You don't need them. Anyone having a patent, copyright, trademark, wishing to snoop. Type it into Google, and Google turns them up for you.

LTG : )

#15 5 months ago

If your selling a sticker for 19 plus tax and shipping you deserve to be taken down.

#16 5 months ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

OP is from New Hampshire....must be pretty boring up there in these winter months to worry about a little sticker.

It's our December lull before the annual adding of "1-more" to our memory of how many Super Bowls the Patriots have won.

#17 5 months ago

But putting a Bally or Williams sticker on there to “complete the look”...seriously?

peter-griffin-who-the-hell-cares (resized).jpg

#18 5 months ago

which bally sticker are you reffering to?

#19 5 months ago

....the ones selling on ebay. I have them, they suck and certainly aren't worth it. There's not even any adhesive on the backing. $28.00? No $5.00, eh, maybe.

#20 5 months ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Highway robbery IMO

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Maybe it is licensed?

Quoted from newtoit:

If your selling a sticker for 19 plus tax and shipping you deserve to be taken down.

Are you just looking for something to get outraged about? Good grief, nobody is forcing you to buy anything.

Keep in mind, ebay and paypal take their ~13% cut, which is baked into the price.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 259.99
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 218.00
    $ 199.99
    $ 339.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    £ 50.00
    Cabinet Parts
    PinballToys
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside