(Topic ID: 275087)

eBay sellers- Who had "Managed Payments" shoved down your throat?

By tomdrum

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RacingPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I've been selling on eBay for 20 years. Over the last 10 years it's mostly used Snap-On tools I find locally with about 10% pinball stuff. While I'm not a huge seller, it's usually $45-80K a year gross. I've been happy with PayPal receiving payments, having a PayPal MC that usually gives 1% back now 1.25% from my balance.

eBay has now forced me to use them for payment processing. Started Monday and they claimed you would get payments direct in your bank account in 2-3 days maximum. Sold $220 Monday. Today (Wednesday) I got an email that my 1st payment was being processed I should have it in my account in 3-4 days. WTF. PayPal was instant. Called today and bitched a storm. My sold items will be in my customer's mailbox before their payment will be in my bank account. I have managed retail stores and Visa, MC and Discover fund the next day, Amex is 3 days max. They fund your account after the midnight cutoff so you wait an additional day.

Drilling down the numbers, eBay did 2 Billion in sales 2nd quarter this year, an increase on 34% over same quarter LY. Each day they hold seller's payments equals easily 1.6+ million per day. With the processing fees they now collect, add another 16 billion per year. There isn't another platform I can sell on like eBay plus with 12K feedbacks, I have a ton of repeat buyers. There is a saying "you can shear a sheep many times but you can only skin it once".

I guess "it is what it is".

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-sellers-who-had-managed-payments-shoved-down-your-throat?tu=tomdrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.