3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by HighVoltage
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 months ago

makkasz1969-5 Bought a wpc driver pcb from me back in oct. Now has claimed it was not as described ( no real reason just the default reason through paypal). But this is not the case. Tried to email him through ebay to find out why it was not described only to get no reply back after several tries. The whole time this is done through paypal and not the ebay item at hand. I only ship to the usa but he got around this with a US address a shipping facility (3501 Jack Northrop Ave in Hawthorne, California) , this is another shipping company that then sends it to him in Hungary. This is all claimed through paypal and not even ebay, But is an ebay item??? But he has my item and the money back now, Not even having to send the item back to me. So yes kinda my fault for not looking where the account was from and got scammed to ship to a usa postal address and then this goes through customs to hungary. This why I don't ship over seas, to many scammers.

#2 3 months ago

Thanks for the heads up! Sorry you got taken, effing ebay and paypal these days are far too loyal to buyers and not sellers.

#3 3 months ago

Yep This happened to me and it is the new gig to scam people. I had a guy in Germany buy my WPC-95 WAV board. Same thing, went through someone here to purchase it, then sent it to a shipping company, then on to Germany. Then after about a week, he wants a refund. (I had non returnable in my EBay ad) He files a claim through EBay not as described. However, EBay made him ship it back to me and he had to pay the return shipping. The board worked flawlessly when I got it back so I wasn't out anything but I think he was hoping he could keep the board and get a refund. So it wasn't as bad your situation but it looks like these guys have figured out a way to do it through PP and get to keep the item and not pay for it. Sorry this happened to you man...

#4 3 months ago

everytime someone requests a return of my items ebay says i have to pay return shipping. There is no protection for sellers.

#5 3 months ago

The "non returns" option on ebay means nothing alas. For items > $100 on ebay I don't accept paypal, I sell local pickup only with cash on pickup.

#6 3 months ago
    Quoted from Astill:

everytime someone requests a return of my items ebay says i have to pay return shipping. There is no protection for sellers.

You should only have to pay for the buyers return shipping if the item that the buyer received was defective (If you have the "no returns accepted" box checked when listing the item.)

#7 3 months ago

I agree there are buyers that are scammers.What about sellers who are scammers?I bought a system 9 board from a fellow pinsider Dec 27 and still have not received it.He refuses to send the board or a refund.It doesn't matter if you are a buyer or seller crooks are everywhere.

#8 3 months ago

For those not aware, you can block buyers:

ebay.com link

#9 3 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

For those not aware, you can block buyers:
    ebay.com link

My box is filled with tons of blocks after 10+ years on ebay.

#10 3 months ago

hate ebay i wouldnt even sell a toilet roll on there. Scammed every where you turn these days.

#11 3 months ago

right but all the buyer has to say is it is defective.

#12 3 months ago
    Quoted from whizz:

I agree there are buyers that are scammers.What about sellers who are scammers?I bought a system 9 board from a fellow pinsider Dec 27 and still have not received it.He refuses to send the board or a refund.It doesn't matter if you are a buyer or seller crooks are everywhere.

Who is it, start a thread about it.

#13 3 months ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

makkasz1969-5 Bought a wpc driver pcb from me back in oct. Now has claimed it was not as described ( no real reason just the default reason through paypal). But this is not the case. Tried to email him through ebay to find out why it was not described only to get no reply back after several tries. The whole time this is done through paypal and not the ebay item at hand. I only ship to the usa but he got around this with a US address a shipping facility (3501 Jack Northrop Ave in Hawthorne, California) , this is another shipping company that then sends it to him in Hungary. This is all claimed through paypal and not even ebay, But is an ebay item??? But he has my item and the money back now, Not even having to send the item back to me. So yes kinda my fault for not looking where the account was from and got scammed to ship to a usa postal address and then this goes through customs to hungary. This why I don't ship over seas, to many scammers.

This doesn't make sense - Paypal will require the buyer to return the item for a refund. Did you refuse the return altogether?

#14 3 months ago

I used to have a lot of issues, but then I changed the specs for who could bid on my items. It's not foolproof and eliminates new users who might be fine.

With issues like those reported, I don't see how there's pinball machines being bought and sold on Ebay. Can't the same scams be done on those big ticket items too?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 26.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 11.95
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 142.11
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 125.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 64.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 64.95
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside