Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jackd104
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rager170.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Barakawins1:

Really sucks. But how does Amazon get away with it?

They dont for my state. I have to pay the sales tax from Amazon.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Joking right? police, fire? All toll roads? Manage your own sewage? Dig well for water? National Defense/Military? Health care? scientific research? etc.

I manage my own sewage and water, does that give me a tax break and pay my own health care insurance. Do I get a tax break? haha.

My issue is that the state takes all this tax money, pisses it away on whatever and never fixes the actual problems, and then raises taxes year after year. Its ridiculous and pathetic.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Well that's more town level property taxes than state but a good point anyway. We have a septic system. What does that cost the town? Whatever happened to town paid trash pickup? Long gone and property taxes here have increased 20% in just the last 4 years! (Prop 2 1/2 overrides every year..) Think about this: The far majority of home owners had to borrow money to buy their home. Over the lifetime of your 30 year mortgage you've paid (at least around here in Mass) more in property taxes than in interest on your loan. You had to borrow MORE MONEY because of high property taxes. Borrowing money to pay your taxes....

Yup, same problems here in CT.... and people wonder why 60% are leaving this state. These decision makers have their heads up their asses!

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The golden age of online purchases is rapidly coming to a close.
    Just recently, I've bough *used* stuff on ebay, and have been getting charged sales tax from sellers in various states, from Canada, and from Germany. It's crazy.

Online shopping has become a nightmare. Its full of crap quality items and bootlegs. I find myself having to return 75% of what I order online. At this point, its just easier and quicker to go to a store.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

Exact same situation with me...hell, I just noticed we're in the same town!

Hey, well thats funny!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rager170.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-sales-tax-shennanigans?tu=rager170 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.