(Topic ID: 287764)

Ebay Sales Pro or Con

By Playdium

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

don't forget ebay takes a 10% cut up to (I think) $750

Plus 2.9% + $0.30 for the paypal transaction fee. If the buyer has to pay sales tax, you get charged the transaction fee on the entire amount, not just the item's price.

There's also a hidden 10% on shipping fees, if you're shipping something.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Theres no more paypal transaction fee, as your paypal account is no longer attached to your ebay account. I do think they bumped up their cut to like 11% now though.

Not for everyone.

Quoted from Haymaker:

the 10% fee on shipping, please correct me if I'm wrong, just comes off as part of the 10% (or 11% whatever) of the final value fee. So lets say you sold something for 100 bucks plus 10 bucks shipping, their 10% cut comes from the $110 total. It kind of sucks but they did it because sellers were listing things really cheap but with expensive shipping to circumvent seller fees.

Sort of, when you think of it as a final total. When you're listing an item, you have to keep in mind that they take 10% of the item's price, as well as 10% of whatever shipping cost you list. Not everyone realizes this, so then they end up being 10% short on the shipping cost after the item sells.

Quoted from Haymaker:

I also could be wrong about this but I'm pretty sure buyer pays taxes no matter what now.

It depends on where the seller is and where the buyer is. A few states don't collect it, but most do now. I sold a couple things to people from Florida recently, and sales tax wasn't applied.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Also the "Final Value Fee" rate is now 12.35%, plus .30 cents per item sold, plus the "Final Value Fee on Shipping" is 10%.

Here are their listed fees (with paypal):

ebay.com link: fees credits invoices

Fees with management payments:
    ebay.com link: fees credits invoices

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-sales-pro-or-con?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.