(Topic ID: 287764)

Ebay Sales Pro or Con

By Playdium

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Curious about how sales work for members listing on Ebay vs here on Pinside. With Ebay, the problem I see is potential buyers have no option to view the machine or speak directly to the seller. But auctions do generate a "buying frenzy".

Your thoughts?

#17 3 years ago

I've been trying to figure out the latest transaction reports from Ebay. The fee details are so confusing the way they post them. With Paypal, you would clearly see the amount and fee's associated with the transaction.

Also the "Final Value Fee" rate is now 12.35%, plus .30 cents per item sold, plus the "Final Value Fee on Shipping" is 10%.

You better plan on having decent bookkeeping skills to maintain your records. Their reporting is horrible.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Here are their listed fees (with paypal):
    ebay.com link
    Fees with management payments:
    ebay.com link

I thought you can no longer use Paypal as a seller?

#23 3 years ago

First off, beware of the 1099 that Paypal sends you. These totals INCLUDE the items selling price, the shipping charged, and any tax collected. You must deduct the shipping, tax collected, shipping supplies cost, Paypal fee's, and Ebay fee's to establish your taxable income.
    I keep a ledger of items sold with shipping costs. This helps at the end of the year to have your total shipping expense.

Of course, when filing taxes a Schedule 1 Form and Schedule C Form will be required to show Business Income. Best to have a professional do the taxes.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

This is news to me. I've never gotten a 1099 from Paypal. Why is that?

Some States require a 1099 to be issued based on a threshold amount. Each State is different. Here is Massachusetts it's $600.

#31 3 years ago

It only gets worse. So as a seller you can no longer have funds sent directly through Paypal. They are collected by Ebay, and after a "processing" period they release the funds to your bank account, less any fees.Which can take 4-5 days depending on when the sale was made. However, the shipping fees are deducted from your Paypal account, which in turn is linked to your bank account. (If you print shipping labels via Ebay)
    This all occurs while you are shipping the goods without receiving any funds.

Have you contacted Customer Service yet? They aren't in the U.S.

1 week later
    #36 3 years ago

For Ebay sellers, you need to read this.
    I have been trying to figure out the fees I am being charged for my recent sales. Nothing was adding up correctly. The new policy is that a 12.35% commission is charged on the total sale, (including shipping fees), plus .30 for the transaction.
    However, I noticed that I am being charged more than that. I just spent a half hour on an online chat with Ebay to get an answer. What they are charging is 12.35% for the item, plus the shipping you charged, PLUS the sales tax collected by Ebay!
    Why the hell would I pay a commission on tax dollars collected by Ebay?
    How can this even be legal?????

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-sales-pro-or-con?tu=Playdium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.