Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Chambahz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from oldschoolbob:

snyper, I read most of that thread but it still seems a scam. I know Ebay sold off PayPal and now they're trying to kill them.
    Lovef2k, Getting a real person at Ebay is difficult at best. I don't give out my bank account information to anyone - Ebay or PayPal. I thought about opening an account only for Ebay but it would cost me $10 per month (if I use it or not). I don't sell that much.
    pins, You'd think a country like America would be very advanced. They can't even keep hackers out of our oil pipeline. If I gave my banking info to Ebay or Paypal I may as well broadcast it on the internet.

Now that's a great idea!!!

That’s not really the point. It’s not a “scam”. It’s their new policy. You have to switch to eBay’s “managed payments” to sell on ebay now. It’s just that simple. Your transaction got caught in the mandatory change over. They do not care about the little sellers any longer. They would rather lose you than have you use PayPal. They have problems. They do not go out of their way to solve them, they make them your problems by default. Sorry.

I’ve done a huge amount of work to reposition on ebay. It sucks but it’s working so-so.

Managed payment isn’t even the true thing you should worry about. You should worry more about the ebay 1099 tax form that ebay is going to send everyone (starting in 2022) who sells at least $600/year on ebay.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/03/26/its-going-to-get-harder-to-avoid-telling-the-irs-about-income-from-online-sales.html

Congress hid this “online marketplace 1099 requirement” in the Covid relief bill they passed. They got to pay for the stuff in that bill somehow. And don’t think you can just move your sales to another marketplace. It’s required for all online sales platforms starting in 2022.

A lot of people will be caught off guard with the form and will not be prepared to pay the taxes. Be aware of it, and you won’t be caught off guard.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-refund?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.