Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Exejet
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

It doesn't seem like many pins are selling on Ebay. Doing a search of completed auctions shows 95% of them getting relisted. There must be enough suckers to make it worthwhile though.

#2 12 years ago

I think you can find a fair price in many places. Even ebay sometimes. They just don't last long on there.

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I think you can find a fair price in many places. Even ebay sometimes. They just don't last long on there.

Right now the majority of auctions are (IMO) way overpriced. Hopefully enough of these auctions continue to get relisted and prices come back down.

#4 12 years ago

40%+ too high on a lot of sites.

#5 12 years ago

True. I do think that is all about condition though. I personally will pay a little more if I find a machine that I want it n excellent condition.

#6 12 years ago

Here is a good example, and I OWN this one:

phoenix.craigslist.org link

Come on now...$2,200 :/

#7 12 years ago

you can still find a good deal from time to time. about 5-6 weeks ago someone posted a working bally Elektra for starting bid $50.00 or buy it now $300.00. it was about 4 hours away from me so i put a watch on it. 30 minutes later i checked back and it was sold. (duh) any way, not everyone on ebay is nuts.just 90% of the sellers.

#8 12 years ago

I'm wondering how much of this is the economy? I'm sure if I needed the cash, I'd try to flip whatever I could find.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from dnhayden:

Here is a good example, and I OWN this one:
    phoenix.craigslist.org link

When did Craigslist get purchased by Ebay?

I think the title of the thread was about Ebay, not Craigslist. Not trying to be an ass, just pointing
    out the fact that CL isn't Ebay. Both places can and do have extremely overinflated pricing on pins.

As I've said before in other threads about pin pricing, you can find good deals on both from time to time, more so on CL. I think people listing on CL tend to want to move their product faster than those listing on Ebay, so some people price to sale faster on CL. You can back this up by the many pinsiders that attempt to jump on a good deal, but have it sold right out under them.

#10 12 years ago

The good deals are pretty much the ones that sold. The rip offs are the ones that get relisted 25 times. There are fair deals on there but, they are just few and short lived.

#11 12 years ago

what's with that price?

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from tk375:

what's with that price?

I guess Pamela Andersons boobs are worth $2200 these days?

#13 12 years ago

JWS64, my post was in reference to my own post... sorry for the hijack of the original thread i guess.

Quoted from dnhayden:

on a lot of sites.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from JWS64:

Hahahaha +1

#16 12 years ago

I maybe wrong, but I think people post high with the hope that people contact them so the machine can be sold off of Ebay.

They use Ebay as a cheap way to advertise what they have for sale. Since auctions can be linked, it also shows the other inventory a seller might have.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

They use Ebay as a cheap way to advertise what they have for sale. Since auctions can be linked, it also shows the other inventory a seller might have.

I agree with this, plus they might get the uninformed to actually buy it.

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from JWS64:

It's not that - The Hoff's mug is what demands that much coin!

#19 12 years ago

There was a TAF for sale for 1800 that I almost bought from ebay. The pictures showed the playfield was burned badly. The magnets had destroyed it. Someone bought it the first day though.

#20 12 years ago

Yea it is par for the course a friend of mine got a machine recently and said they are posting on e-bay for this much. Unfortunately I had to bring him back to reality by pointing out sites that list the sold for price. Some of the stuff posted on ebay is downright laughable.

#21 12 years ago

Somebody listed a Getaway HS II"First Edition" with a starting bid of $6500. Wish I had that screenshot.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from dnhayden:

Maybe Pam comes with it!

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Somebody listed a Getaway HS II"First Edition" with a starting bid of $6500. Wish I had that screenshot.

#24 12 years ago

If Pam comes with it, so does Hepatitis. Better have your shots!

Nothing will ever beat the Zizzle listed for 2k.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

If Pam comes with it, so does Hepatitis. Better have your shots!

Nothing will ever beat the Zizzle listed for 2k.

+1 on that. Hysterical.

#26 12 years ago

I tossed my HH up on ebay, sold for $2200. Plus $400 for shipping. That's a lot of coin, it was in good shape. No playfield wear. What you guys might be missing, I've posted games on ebay and sell them out right and cancel the auction. Happens all the time. Great way to find buyers. You guys are all looking! Right!

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from Exejet:

I tossed my HH up on ebay, sold for $2200. Plus $400 for shipping. That's a lot of coin, it was in good shape. No playfield wear. What you guys might be missing, I've posted games on ebay and sell them out right and cancel the auction. Happens all the time. Great way to find buyers. You guys are all looking! Right!

Is this your website? http://www.kickasspinball.com/ and is this the auction? ebay.com link: Gottlieb Haunted House Pinball Machine Very Nice

#28 12 years ago

I'd guess your bored?

#29 12 years ago

The 2200 dollar baywatch is up for sale in denver too. There is a 995 one that is right beside it. People be crazy.

#30 12 years ago

I'll ask another question, since I'm bored. Did you buy the HH from Tobias? I'm only asking because I had a deal to buy it and someone talked him out of it cause he was closer and could bring him cash asap. I just wondered if that was the same one.

#31 12 years ago

Are you refer to Tobby? I know him but he still has his HH. That's not his game, it was mine. He doesn't have the grounding Mod. He's in Reynoldsburg, I'm about 10min from him.

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

It doesn't seem like many pins are selling on Ebay. Doing a search of completed auctions shows 95% of them getting relisted.

Same in the UK at the moment.

#33 12 years ago

I just sent you an email with his address. He's got the game!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-pricing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.