Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rkahr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

https://esellercafe.com/ebay-sellers-may-pay-final-values-fees-off-platform-sales/
    Sellers are liable for fees arising out of all sales made using some or all eBay Services, even if sales terms are finalized or payment is made outside of eBay.
    Sellers are also liable for final value fees if they offer or reference their contact information, or ask for a buyer’s contact information, in the context of buying or selling outside of eBay, even if the item does not sell.
    While eBay has been warning sellers about off-platform sales or discussing off-platform sales with buyers, the company is taking an another significant step into enforcing this issue.
    Previously, eBay announced that all sellers must remove contact information from their listings, including phone numbers.
    With this new policy in place, your only protection from being charged for a sale that may or may not happen outside of eBay is to report a buyer asking you for making just such a sale
    ----
    Basically, it sounds like ebay wants *all* communication to go through their messaging system. No more calling a retail seller to ask questions or whatnot.
    It also sounds like if a buyer contacts a seller about buying something outside of ebay, the seller will get hit with the final value fee if the seller doesn't report it to ebay.

Thanks for summarizing, ForceFlow - I've seen several emails about a change but I haven't had the time to open them yet. I've tried to make my listings there reference my product by brand name (kahr.us circuits) and the off-site links go to a youtube video and the technical discussion on my web site. You could easily get to the sales page on my site from those, but it's not direct... hopefully it's enough because some folks find my WPC Power Fix, Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner, and Wiliams sound board potentiometer solutions through the listings... and yes some folks buy off of eBay.

BTW, the problem is bigger than just eBay. If you list properties through VRBO, you are getting same treatment - their goal is no contact except through the VRBO website until after the rental period is completed. Greed is everywhere.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rkahr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-policy-change-charging-final-values-fees-for-off-ebay-sales?tu=rkahr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.