Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Craig
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I'm going to start selling some of my machines in the not too distant future. Downsizing for retirement. Where do you think I'll get the best results? eBay, Craig's List or one of the other popular sites out there?

#2 11 years ago

eBay seems to get the highest prices. No reserve bidding wars get exciting.

#3 11 years ago

On CL, price the pins right, and they'll go quick.

#4 11 years ago

Keep em local, give em to me.

#5 11 years ago

What are you selling? post some pics?

#6 11 years ago

You can sell them to me. What do you have?

#7 11 years ago

Id try selling them here first if they are fairly priced.

#8 11 years ago

sell em here first to people that really want them.

#9 11 years ago

My order goes likes this.

1st. Pinside at least for close to a week, be nice to see it go to someone worthy.
    2nd. Craigslist for no fees.
    3rd. Jack price up 10% and than list on Ebay.

p.s. What are you going to be selling and I call dibs on MM. (wink wink)(nod nod)

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

I call dibs on MM.

Oh no - I was in first in I'm closer. (too bad I'm always broke)

#11 11 years ago

I'd do all three -
    pinside market , Craigslist , Mr Pinball

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

I'd do all three -
    pinside market , Craigslist , Mr Pinball

If they were priced right you would not be able to reply to the flood of messages.

#13 11 years ago

Free pinhead sites 1st - Marketplace, RGP, Mr. Pinball Classifeds. Then Craigslist. Then edismay - inflate for fees. Ebay is better money wise for popular titles and rare games that are in high demand.

What games are you selling?

Dave

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Id try selling them here first if they are fairly priced.

LOL, yeah but what is fairly priced? Pinside Fairly? LOL! If you want market probably anywhere but here but if you are going to price under market you might be safe here... just brace yourself!

#15 11 years ago

I'd hike up 15% if going to eBay. You have to include PayPal fees as well...and prob deal with shipping. Pinside is the absolute best way to go

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

My order goes likes this.

Try 30%.

#17 11 years ago

If you want top dollar go ebay...unless it';s a game that Pinside over values the s#*^ out of then you could sell it here for roughly the same price

#18 11 years ago

older games-craigslist
    newer games with powder coat,leds,mods and a huge price tag-pinside

#19 11 years ago

Sell local

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pindufus:

I'm going to start selling some of my machines in the not too distant future. Downsizing for retirement. Where do you think I'll get the best results? eBay, Craig's List or one of the other popular sites out there?

If you listed your collection on My Pinside, we could see what you have. You might get PMs with offers.

#21 11 years ago

Have you ever sold a pin on Ebay? There is a lot of Ebay bashing on the forums.

I sold one last month.

It cost me less than 5% in Ebay fees. $75 total on a $1600 sale. Buyer paid cash when he picked it up.

Sure PayPal has a fee as well but where do you come up with 30%?

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

1st. Pinside at least for close to a week, be nice to see it go to someone worthy.
    2nd. Craigslist for no fees.

^ This is generally the same approach I take. I will post my No B.S. bottom price on Pinside and then list it for higher on CL/eBay if it comes to that because everyone on CL "HAS" to bargain or they won't buy. Just human nature I guess....

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

^ This is generally the same approach I take. I will post my No B.S. bottom price on Pinside and then list it for higher on CL/eBay if it comes to that because everyone on CL "HAS" to bargain or they won't buy. Just human nature I guess....

That's what the used market is all about! That, and every other country ever does it on most goods, just not the US. Laaaaame-o's we are

#24 11 years ago

Just post them for sale here without a price. That is what everyone seems to do now.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Yeah If I do CL, I inflate it so the buyer can "beat me up" on the price. Then they feel better and I get what I want. Everyone is happy.

#26 11 years ago

In general, I think selling here is tough. When you list it, you'll get lots of "great price", "wish I was closer" and "GLWS" but none of those folks are going to be buyers. It seems like the game has to be a great deal to get sold here.

I've had pretty good luck selling on craigslist. I've sold a few games on Ebay (in fact, I have one that will be ending here in about a half-hour) as well. I've never had any luck selling a game on Mr. Pinball so for me, Craigslist seems to be the place to sell games. Obviously, Craigs comes with it's share of issues (no-shows, tire-kickers, etc) but at the end of the day, the game eventually gets sold.

Ultimately, you have to decide if you want top dollar or just want to get it sold. There are a number of ways to get the game sold. How you do it depends on what you're looking to get for the game.

Dave

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

In general, I think selling here is tough. When you list it, you'll get lots of "great price", "wish I was closer" and "GLWS" but none of those folks are going to be buyers. It seems like the game has to be a great deal to get sold here.
    I've had pretty good luck selling on craigslist. I've sold a few games on Ebay (in fact, I have one that will be ending here in about a half-hour) as well.

Be thankful, they are bumping your FS thread

I've sold many games here for a fair market value. They all go really quick too, but really nice games usually.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from roc-noc:

Have you ever sold a pin on Ebay? There is a lot of Ebay bashing on the forums.
    I sold one last month.
    It cost me less than 5% in Ebay fees. $75 total on a $1600 sale. Buyer paid cash when he picked it up.
    Sure PayPal has a fee as well but where do you come up with 30%?

I just sold my TAF on Ebay for $5200(bin).... I listed it on Pinside for $4400... CL for $4500 and Ebay for $5200(bin).... I ended up dealing with the buyer outside of Ebay as most people do. Wired the money and I saved $300 in Ebay and paypal fees.

The 30% markup comment was a joke because most people remark how insanely priced pins are on Ebay.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from corvair61:

I just sold my TAF on Ebay for $5200(bin).... I listed it on Pinside for $4400... CL for $4500 and Ebay for $5200(bin).... I ended up dealing with the buyer outside of Ebay as most people do. Wired the money and I saved $300 in Ebay and paypal fees.
    The 30% markup comment was a joke because most people remark how insanely priced pins are on Ebay.

Sold my first addams on there the same price. It can definitely be hit or miss on pinside. I appreciate the thread bumps, but lots of "Deal lookers" who want to pay well below market value. I can appreciate that, but it doesn't help get a pin sold

#30 11 years ago

Even if you want to buy games, it can be a hit or miss with Pinside. I've been trying to find a TZ for sale near me for months. I got lucky with RGP once with my past TZ, but after all the chaos over there in recent months, I'm afraid to go back.

#31 11 years ago

I for one am very grateful to people who list pins for sale on this site. I am more confident buying from someone with an established reputation on Pinside than almost anywhere else. (And, yes, I have bought more than once.) By all means, list elsewhere if you'd like, but please keep listing here. 'Much appreciated.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-or-craigs-list-or and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.