(Topic ID: 123781)

Ebay is still a place you can buy an A pin for $2500- Delivered!

By shacklersrevenge

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jasonp
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC014444444444444.JPG
DSC01445.JPG
DSC01444.JPG
DSC01443.JPG
DSC01442.JPG
DSC01441.JPG
DSC01440.JPG
DSC01437.JPG
DSC01436.JPG
DSC01435.JPG
DSC01434.JPG
DSC01433.JPG
hqdefault (2).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Now that I have confirmation that it's on the truck for delivery,

Exhibit A- hqdefault (2).jpghqdefault (2).jpg An Addams Family with mods for $2500 buy it now, in good overall condition based on the description and pictures. There was also a ''make an offer'', I didn't waste my time. The sellers communication was A+ throughout,

I'm not saying it's common ebay practice, but there are deals at the right time, and this was a newly listed item. In 2009, I bought a HUO (less than 900 plays) TSPP for buy it now $1650. I think I've had a couple others, but I forget.

Timing and patience is everything.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from rad:

Congrats! Post pics when you receive it.

Thanks, will do. I had it on my wishlist for a couple years now I think. I always regret it when I sell a TAF, so hopefully this one I cement. And every time, it takes me longer and longer to find one...

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

I will be following this thread. Will you be providing pics of said pin with ebay results?

I will. The seller was great to work with, it looked like a divorce situation, as he mentioned something about his ex wife to me. In his listing, he mentioned about spending more $$ for collector quality TAFs, but if you just wanted one to play in the home for a lot less, this is the one for you. Worked for me. He just sent me the NAVL pickup slip with pictures of it loaded.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sounds cool. You wont truely know how you did until it shows up. Hopefully it's as described and isn't a basket case. You win some sometimes and you lose some with E-bay. Fingers crossed this is a "wins sometime" story in the end.

I studied the pictures as closely as I could, and am A-okay with everything I saw. It was a matter of seconds before someone popped the buy it now if I didn't.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

$2500 seems to be the right price for this title.

Maybe in 2003...
Seems to be huh? Find me some $2500 TAF's and I'll give you some nice finders fees.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is a better game now?

Ahhh, I see what we have here. Someone has had a rough time playing TAF.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not at all. There were plenty of Addams next to the games I liked to play back in the day. I just never found it to be all that fun. $2500 seems like a fair price now.

What can I say, different strokes, different folks, but you're in the minority. TAF is an amazing overall pinball experience.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Look like you got a nice deal there, even after shipping is factored in. I'm not even a huge fan of the game, but I would have bit at that price.

Thanks. I think this game specifically tugs at the 11/12 year old in me the most, because the summer arcade I used to frequent had a strong Lawlor lineup (Earthshaker, Whirlwind, Funhouse) and then this game came along and it blew my mind, I drooled about owning one. It felt like all the above games rolled into one. It was a special time in my life for sure.

1 week later
#33 9 years ago

Will post some pics Monday,
Sti called today and it's ready to drop this Monday morning.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

Finding a deal like that is pure luck.
You'll wait a decade or two before you snag a deal like that on ebay again.
I have found deals like that on collector items before, but let's face it, it's a fluke.
The seller made you a gift of $3000

Nah, I don't think it's a $6000 pin. It cost just under 3k to get it here, so maybe $1000-1500 or so ''gift''. From talking to the guy, he really seemed like he just didn't care about it. Some people have items like this that just aren't emotionally attached to, unlike some of us players and collectors.

Fluke, luck, probably. Still pays to look under the rocks and be patient. I've bought a few TAF's in my day for $2000-2500 within the last five years, but those were from Vendors.

And if it takes another decade, I'll wait. I'm patient.

#40 9 years ago

Real nice with a new playfield, maybe a color dmd- maybe 5500-6k,
I know every now and then on pinside a player machine will pop up for around $4500, and wasn't there a players games listed recently for $3500? There was a taf listed today on ebay for buy it now $4800, mansion looked decent..

This one seems to have some typical mansion wear, and who knows what else. It has some mods, but that doesn't add a ton of value.

#41 9 years ago

it has arrived, 7am this morning. Unloaded, setup, plays great!
Came with a goodie bag including a new plastic set. The ramp is also new.

DSC01433.JPGDSC01433.JPGDSC01434.JPGDSC01434.JPGDSC01435.JPGDSC01435.JPGDSC01436.JPGDSC01436.JPGDSC01437.JPGDSC01437.JPGDSC01440.JPGDSC01440.JPGDSC01442.JPGDSC01442.JPGDSC01441.JPGDSC01441.JPGDSC01443.JPGDSC01443.JPGDSC014444444444444.JPGDSC014444444444444.JPGDSC01445.JPGDSC01445.JPG

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Congratulations.
The ad said no shipping. How did you get the seller to ship?

When l quickly looked over everything and determined the probability high that the game was legit, that was the other part l had to hold my breath on/chance, after l clicked "buy it now"
Luckily again, the seller was great, had great communication and was just looking to get it gone. He had no problem with Sti pickup. Now I'm working on getting his initials off the high scores, which are pretty decent

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-is-still-a-place-you-can-buy-a-a-pin-for-2500?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.