(Topic ID: 139731)

EBay - In Home Arcades, Wood Dale, IL

By indy5mike

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I have noticed some pins on EBay for sale by them. Does anyone know anything about them? Are they on Pinside?
    Thanks

#2 8 years ago

Yes:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/inhomearcades

He's supplied quite a few pins to public locations. He sounds comparable to GAP

#3 8 years ago

Neil is a super nice guy and a member of my local pinball league. He also is the operator of all the pins at the Headquarters barcades in Chicago. I would not hesitate to do business with him.

#4 8 years ago

It is me. I don't really post anything for sale here on Pinside. Truth is we are a hard group to please and I generally have higher prices than any of us are willing to pay. I just went through some of my inventory I need to dump that I won't be using for locations. All of the games I have are routed, some routed to death like the TMNT and others are still very nice like the AVLE listed. All games are gone through and shopped, but again they are routed games. If you have any questions about any of the games please ask, I'll be happy to answer whatever you need or if you want to stop by your welcome to check stuff out in person. Its not that I won't sell to Pinsiders but again I am just as critical as the rest of us here and cheap on top of it. My games are generally not the target of this group.

Thanks Razorbak!

#5 8 years ago

Do you have a link to your ebay store? I can't seem to find it.

#7 8 years ago

wow, $999 for two machines that dont look all that bad really. routed to death? not really. TMNT and SF2 look pretty freakin nice.

#8 8 years ago

Yeah, I am thinking of that TMNT myself. And the SMB, but I am a month out on being able to swing that and the drive. Maybe he'll still have them, maybe not.

#9 8 years ago

The SMB that is up there is alright, the TMNT is pretty routed my friends. It has wear that was touched up with paint pens in a lot of places. The game plays well, but again some aesthetic issues. SF2 is okay, not as bad as TMNT. I figured for 1k if they sell I will pretty much take a loss by the time damn ebay takes their fees, but usually they sell for more on ebay. I was just getting sick of never listing anything for sale and wanted to make some room. Again, if any pinsider is interested, just send me a message, I can get you additional pictures or if you want to stop by that is cool too. I put an ad on craigslist as well, about 30 games on there. Some others l can't think of off the top of my head that are available as well. Some of the prices are high as there are titles I really don't want to move as well as some of them NIB at MSRP not to violate any Stern policies. I really do like trades!

#10 8 years ago

please post a link of the craigslist ad. could not find.

#11 8 years ago

Here is the link.
    chicago.craigslist.org link

I am not sure how to make it a link that I could rename so I just copied the site address.

#12 8 years ago

Nevermind, it automatically changed it to a nice link. Pinside is pretty slick

#13 8 years ago

thank you worked great. plenty of games for sale. Don't see that TOTAN staying long. Pm sent with interest on POTC.

#14 8 years ago

I picked up a nice JD last year from Neil at a very fair price. His tech rocks as well and had the game playing flawlessly. Definitely would do business with again...

#15 8 years ago

My wife and I are heading over to Headquarters this weekend (River North location). Any chance I could get an updated list of the games available? Seems like the Pinball Map app can be wrong at times.

Thanks!

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

Here is the link.
    chicago.craigslist.org link
    I am not sure how to make it a link that I could rename so I just copied the site address.

Good prices

#17 8 years ago

I'll see if I can have someone at the bar text me with what is on the floor at Rivernorth. If you haven't grabbed a bite there, I recommend it if you have time. Enjoy the location. Report back positive or negative, I appreciate feedback even when it's bad. Can always get better!

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

I picked up a nice JD last year from Neil at a very fair price. His tech rocks as well and had the game playing flawlessly. Definitely would do business with again...

very kind of you, thanks and hope your enjoying it!

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

My wife and I are heading over to Headquarters this weekend (River North location). Any chance I could get an updated list of the games available? Seems like the Pinball Map app can be wrong at times.
    Thanks!

As of last night:

Wrestlemania
    Circus Voltaire
    Kiss premium
    Pinbot
    Ironman
    Pirates
    Attack from Mars
    Adams family
    Metallica
    Lord of the rings
    Medieval madness pay per play
    Wizard of oz pay per play

Downstairs
    World Cup soccer
    Tron
    Transformers le
    Mustang pro
    Walking dead pro
    Avengers le

some others may make it onto the floor if they have been fixed today.

#20 8 years ago

I'll see if I can have someone at the bar text me with what is on the floor at Rivernorth. If you haven't grabbed a bite there, I recommend it if you have time. Enjoy the location. Report back positive or negative, I appreciate feedback even when it's bad. Can always get better!

Always enjoy playing at the River North HQ.

#21 8 years ago

Forgot xmen le

Thanks suave84

#22 8 years ago

As of last night:
    Wrestlemania
    Circus Voltaire
    Kiss premium
    Pinbot
    Ironman
    Pirates
    Attack from Mars
    Adams family
    Metallica
    Lord of the Rings
    Medieval Madness pay per play
    Wizard of oz pay per play
    Downstairs
    World Cup Soccer
    Tron
    Transformers le
    Mustang pro
    Walking Dead pro
    Avengers le
    some others may make it onto the floor if they have been fixed today.

Awesome! Excited to finally show my wife Wizard of Oz. That game is just amazing to look at, let alone play!

#23 8 years ago

Any chance they have a Simpson's Pinball Party?

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Any chance they have a Simpson's Pinball Party?

I know there is one there, I'm just not positive its on the floor.

#25 8 years ago

My wife and I just left Headquarters. Great selection of games. But I have to say...

TURN THE MUSIC DOWN!!!

Granted, we went on a very busy Saturday night, but when a good amount of the games are based on rock bands (Metallica, AC/DC, KISS), and one of the features is you can pick the music you want to hear, it's kind of pointless when nothing but terrible music is being driven into your head with a sledgehammer. I couldn't even concentrate. Played about five games (mostly Wizard of Oz), then left.

A bit disappointed. Maybe I'll go back when it isn't so busy.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

My wife and I just left Headquarters. Great selection of games. But I have to say...
    TURN THE MUSIC DOWN!!!
    Granted, we went on a very busy Saturday night, but when a good amount of the games are based on rock bands (Metallica, AC/DC, KISS), and one of the features is you can pick the music you want to hear, it's kind of pointless when nothing but terrible music is being driven into your head with a sledgehammer. I couldn't even concentrate. Played about five games (mostly Wizard of Oz), then left.
    A bit disappointed. Maybe I'll go back when it isn't so busy.

Sorry it was so loud. This is a common complaint I hear. I complain about it myself but get out voted on the topic. Something that would be a huge help would be dropping them a line as a suggestion. Once they get enough complaints about it, they may finally look at things differently. Friday's and Saturdays are always crowded and it can be annoying to deal with. Hope you can make it out during the week and it's a little quieter.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-in-home-arcades-wood-dale-il and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.