Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by root
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtflipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

Well, the Square Head was Borden's, and there's no way to tell what the best offer was.

There was also a Wms Pinch Hitter from Fab Fantasies that sold for 4500 back in Feb. and a Shortstop Baseball also from FF that sold for 4500 last week. These were BIN listings, so not sure they'd be shills. His Super Par Golf had a best offer accepted against the asking price of 3400. So I dunno, those ones seem plausible, but aren't pinball machines.

The Grand Slam baseball was from a retail shop, so hard to say. Baseball games can run higher than pins.

The Hi-Flyer I'd have a hard time believing. Listing goes back to Dec. 02, 2013 and finally sold a couple days ago?
Pro Football from the same seller, ended same day. Rocket III, also same seller, same day. Unlikely.

Dancing Lady - hmm, seems possibly real. Can't really tell much from the listing. The game was nice though.

The Soccer was from a retail place, so it's possible. They list a lot of games.

That Volley was from the Bene Pizza guy in Omaha. His been able to snag some high BIN prices on games before. Then there are Volley's that sit unsold for 500-700 in just as nice condition. That's the magic of ebay; catch just the right buyer at just the right time. There have also been some overseas buyers willing to pay the money for nice condition examples, that domestic buyers wouldn't dream of paying. Someone who's willing to crate and deal with shipping can then get the 3x the money.

Diamond Jack seems legit (pricey, but legit).

So maybe a mixed bag of real and not so real.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Which one of these games belonged to Herb Silvers? Herb has some fantastic restorations and are worth every penny IMHO. I bought three games from him in the 90's and I wish I still owned them.

Here's one:
ebay.com link: Williams Totally Ground Up Restored Classic Pinch Hitter Baseball Arcade Game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtflipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-em-sold-listings-high-prices?tu=dirtflipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.