Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by root
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Some high (in my opinion) prices on EMs were realized on ebay this week. These are all under SOLD LISTINGS on ebay, auctions ended since 3/18.

$1,849 - Gottlieb Volley
$2,995 - Williams Grand Slam Baseball
$5,495 (best offer was less) - Gottlieb Square Head
$1,600 - Gottlieb Diamond Jack
$1,995 - Gottlieb Soccer
$2,695 - Bally Rocket III
$2,975 - Chicago Coin Hi-Flyer
$2,950 - Gottlieb Football
$2,250 - Gottlieb Dancing Lady

I looked back a couple of weeks, and didn't notice other EMs going for these prices.

#2 10 years ago

I think those must be shill bid.
A couple of years a go I saw a 4 million bc go for about 3000. Before I was a pinside regular, I thought cool, my nicer 4 million bc must be worth that.
Pinside has been a good education that shill bidding happens on ebay. The sale price isn't always the sale price.

#3 10 years ago

The only one of those worth the money asked was the "Diamond Jack" at 1600. The rest of the people got ripped off badly.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

I think those must be shill bid.

I thought so too - checked and were different sellers in different parts of the country.

#5 10 years ago

To me these prices are too high. Maybe if they were NIB or new in crate. With less than 20 plays, maybe.

#6 10 years ago

Ccm hi flyer for 3k?? Someone is smoking crack.
That or I just sold mine for 1 tenth of what its worth

--Jeff

#7 10 years ago

Well, the Square Head was Borden's, and there's no way to tell what the best offer was.

There was also a Wms Pinch Hitter from Fab Fantasies that sold for 4500 back in Feb. and a Shortstop Baseball also from FF that sold for 4500 last week. These were BIN listings, so not sure they'd be shills. His Super Par Golf had a best offer accepted against the asking price of 3400. So I dunno, those ones seem plausible, but aren't pinball machines.

The Grand Slam baseball was from a retail shop, so hard to say. Baseball games can run higher than pins.

The Hi-Flyer I'd have a hard time believing. Listing goes back to Dec. 02, 2013 and finally sold a couple days ago?
Pro Football from the same seller, ended same day. Rocket III, also same seller, same day. Unlikely.

Dancing Lady - hmm, seems possibly real. Can't really tell much from the listing. The game was nice though.

The Soccer was from a retail place, so it's possible. They list a lot of games.

That Volley was from the Bene Pizza guy in Omaha. His been able to snag some high BIN prices on games before. Then there are Volley's that sit unsold for 500-700 in just as nice condition. That's the magic of ebay; catch just the right buyer at just the right time. There have also been some overseas buyers willing to pay the money for nice condition examples, that domestic buyers wouldn't dream of paying. Someone who's willing to crate and deal with shipping can then get the 3x the money.

Diamond Jack seems legit (pricey, but legit).

So maybe a mixed bag of real and not so real.

#8 10 years ago

I know Herb and I just don't think he would fool around with fake bids. His games are extremely high end restorations as anyone who knows his work will attest to. So, his stuff is always set at premium prices, always has, but are worth it. I sure question the rest of those bids though. I can see one sale to someone that didn't do his homework, but all those together doesn't seem plausible to me.

#9 10 years ago

Which one of these games belonged to Herb Silvers? Herb has some fantastic restorations and are worth every penny IMHO. I bought three games from him in the 90's and I wish I still owned them.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Which one of these games belonged to Herb Silvers? Herb has some fantastic restorations and are worth every penny IMHO. I bought three games from him in the 90's and I wish I still owned them.

Here's one:
ebay.com link: Williams Totally Ground Up Restored Classic Pinch Hitter Baseball Arcade Game

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

Some high (in my opinion) prices on EMs were realized on ebay this week. These are all under SOLD LISTINGS on ebay, auctions ended since 3/18.
$1,849 - Gottlieb Volley
$2,995 - Williams Grand Slam Baseball
$5,495 (best offer was less) - Gottlieb Square Head
$1,600 - Gottlieb Diamond Jack
$1,995 - Gottlieb Soccer
$2,695 - Bally Rocket III
$2,975 - Chicago Coin Hi-Flyer
$2,950 - Gottlieb Football
$2,250 - Gottlieb Dancing Lady
I looked back a couple of weeks, and didn't notice other EMs going for these prices.

Super high price for Volley. A real nice one went unsold for ages here on pinside for $500!

#12 10 years ago

Value is all in the eye of the buyer not the observer. If something is important to you and you want it you pay the price that provides value to you. It is also relative. There was a time here in Australia where one could pick up EMs ex arcades for $100-$120. Now is anyone saying that if you now pay more than $120 you are being creamed!

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Here's one:
ebay.com link » Williams Totally Ground Up Restored Classic Pinch Hitter Baseball Arcade Game

That machine looks like it came out of the box! It is worth every penny. Herb's machines are not for everyone. His style of restorations is what I prefer. Herb can't keep his restorations in stock. He warned me about Bob Borden and his restorations back in 1998. I wish I had listened. It turned out to be a lesson that netted me a 1400 dollar loss plus shipping.

10 months later
#14 9 years ago

Are you still keeping track? I wonder how much GTB sold again in the last 10 months. Its not a popular game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
1,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seattle, WA
$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-em-sold-listings-high-prices and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.