Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DryHeat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

01212_dwQlg7tF7vF_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00J0J_5TsUuvUuqdf_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00v0v_6w8xQ59KMQo_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00s0s_iEmdhTbl7ug_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00K0K_egES4kwoXyX_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00p0p_l1L8vaiTQbB_1200x900 (resized).jpg
bugs (resized).jpg
untitled (resized).JPG
image-17 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

What a POS, Check out those reds ebay.com link » Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes Pinball Rare Prototype W Carrot Legs Shipping Included

#2 2 years ago

I don't understand why you are calling it a POS

#3 2 years ago

The reds look.......red
Ive never seen the carrot legs....

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

The reds look.......red
Ive never seen the carrot legs....

Legs are custom and gaudy. Really if someone were to rewrite the software this game wouldn't be that bad, just the code ruins it.

#5 2 years ago

i hate the game play of BBBB but i don't mind the carrot legs. and as Cosmo says, the reds look.....red.

#6 2 years ago

I have had one but do not recall it having screened backglass.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

i hate the game play of BBBB but i don't mind the carrot legs. and as Cosmo says, the reds look.....red.

Faded cab with magic marker for the red, Look at the coin door pic and compare to one in post, Looks like they ran out on the balloon to the right. Prototype come on.

image-17 (resized).jpg

#8 2 years ago

Sure the reds might have faded, and they might have colored them back in with a Sharpie, but what about all the other colors? Cyan doesn't UV fade. Orange would UV fade to yellow. Plus, I highly doubt they could freehand Bugs' sash on the backbox.

The serial number does have the "X" in it, too. Could just be a sample game. I'd like to see under the playfield to see if it has any red boards.

#9 2 years ago

It looks to be in far better shape than most BBBB's out there. Not sure why OP has such a hard on of hate for it.

#10 2 years ago

I had a Bugs with the colored cabinet, i guess the prototypes had no color. Crazy price for a boring pin, i sold mine in good shape 3 years ago for $1900.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Sure the reds might have faded, and they might have colored them back in with a Sharpie, but what about all the other colors? Cyan doesn't UV fade. Orange would UV fade to yellow. Plus, I highly doubt they could freehand Bugs' sash on the backbox.
The serial number does have the "X" in it, too. Could just be a sample game. I'd like to see under the playfield to see if it has any red boards.

What other colors? The pic in this post is from ipdb look at the one in his ebay ad. ebay.com link » Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes Pinball Rare Prototype W Carrot Legs Shipping Included

#13 2 years ago

those carrot legs are awesome! If I still had my BBBB, I'd actually want them.

If anyone in New England has a BBBB for sale for a reasonable price, ping me (I'm not going to pay that much)

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

It looks to be in far better shape than most BBBB's out there. Not sure why OP has such a hard on of hate for it.

Not hate. Kind of missing my point a little hey.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Prototype come on.

Serial number with the X means it was an experimental game (prototype) but still doesn't mean it's worth more to me. There's no way that game ever had the other colors like production games, so I absolutely believe it only ever had the red.

http://www.ipsnd.net/details.aspx?id=25507

http://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=396

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

What a POS, Check out those reds ebay.com link » Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes Pinball Rare Prototype W Carrot Legs Shipping Included

Yes, it's over priced just like every other pinball machine on ebay. Who really cares?

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

What other colors? The pic in this post is from ipdb look at the one in his ebay ad.

Quoted from FlipperMagician:

There's no way that game ever had the other colors like production games, so I absolutely believe it only ever had the red.

This is my point. It's not like the cyan and all the other colors were ever there and were UV faded away, somehow leaving the only color that really is ever actually affected by UV rays, red(or magenta, in reality). They were intentionally left off, further adding to its uniqueness.

Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Serial number with the X means it was an experimental game (prototype) but...

Also my point.

I'm not saying it's now magically worth a lot more money than a normal BBBB, but the seller seems to be fairly accurate in his knowledge of what he's got and his description, therein. Playfield does look pretty good, too. That saucer hole in the upper left looks amazing, considering that those are usually fairly beat up on most other games.

Is the price too high? Yes.
Is it a unique, sample/prototype game? Yes.
Does the seller know what he has? Apparently.
Is anyone going to buy it for that much? Most likely not.
Is it a POS? Most definitely not.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Faded cab with magic marker for the red, Look at the coin door pic and compare to one in post, Looks like they ran out on the balloon to the right. Prototype come on.

So....you think the circles around the credit button and the yellow balloon on the front of the cab were painted white? I don't think so. Meticulously painted all the letters white just to magic marker the red in...ludicrous.

It's a proto/sample that is simply overpriced on Ebay. They should have just asked for offers, or auctioned. It's not a bad game, I had a blast playing it a PHOF, and as a theme those cartoons were my favorites as a kid. Calling it a POS was, well, a bit rough IMO....but to each his own.

#19 2 years ago

It does look to be a sample, however no photos were provided to confirm prototype status except for a single serial number.

See my article to understand differences between production, early production, samples, and prototypes, as they are all different concepts.

A collector will ask many more questions for clarification most of which the seller may not be able to answer.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Yes, it's over priced just like every other pinball machine on ebay. Who really cares?

yes, price seems over the top. but that PF looks very decent.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

So....you think the circles around the credit button and the yellow balloon on the front of the cab were painted white? I don't think so. Meticulously painted all the letters white just to magic marker the red in...ludicrous.
It's a proto/sample that is simply overpriced on Ebay. They should have just asked for offers, or auctioned. It's not a bad game, I had a blast playing it a PHOF, and as a theme those cartoons were my favorites as a kid. Calling it a POS was, well, a bit rough IMO....but to each his own.

No that it was ruined by a magic marker (red) that should be a black and white cab. That makes it a POS look at it it looks like ass I would hate to see it close up in person. Man you guys blow shit way out of line, As almost ever post on pinside.

#22 2 years ago

Anyone have a pic of a prototype bugs bunny pin?

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

No that it was ruined by a magic marker (red) that should be a black and white cab. That makes it a POS look at it it looks like ass I would hate to see it close up in person. Man you guys blow shit way out of line, As almost ever post on pinside.

haha you made a thread to put a stranger on blast for a bunch of stuff that may or may not be true, but it's the REST of Pinside who are out of line. ok.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

haha you made a thread to put a stranger on blast for a bunch of stuff that may or may not be true, but it's the REST of Pinside who are out of line. ok.

Don't comment in it then.

#26 2 years ago

Was just trying to warn people but I'm the bad one.

#27 2 years ago

Someone buy it and put it in there prototype lineup. ebay.com link » Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes Pinball Rare Prototype W Carrot Legs Shipping Included

#28 2 years ago

This thing is sweet and worth ever penny, There is that better.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

but i like commenting.

This is pulled from another site, You may find it funny "There is one guy Pezpunk and if you look at his posting history he offers nothing but negativity and is just a jackal waiting for one in the herd to go down then he pounces.
I doubt he can do much more than replace a fuse if that. "

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

What were you trying to warn us of? That an already somewhat rare game at 2500 produced units has a very rare experimental cabinet?...or that the price is similar to the retail price that would be asked of this title in this condition on Ebay?

Quoted from Brtlkat:

No that it was ruined by a magic marker (red) that should be a black and white cab.

You don't know that, and that is highly debatable from the pics.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

What were you trying to warn us of? That an already somewhat rare game at 2500 produced units has a very rare experimental cabinet?...or that the price is similar to the retail price that would be asked of this title in this condition on Ebay?

You don't know that, and that is highly debatable from the pics.

All the reds would be red then and they are not. Around the start button as you say credit button

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

This is pulled from another site, You may find it funny "There is one guy Pezpunk and if you look at his posting history he offers nothing but negativity and is just a jackal waiting for one in the herd to go down then he pounces.

you realize that in this analogy, you are the lame straggler of the herd, right?

by the way ... did you furiously google my username to find that snippet, or do you simply hang out on internet forums where they gossip about other internet forums?

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

All the reds would be red then and they are not. Around the start button as you say credit button

I suppose you would say this guy just decided to magic marker his game's cab yellow, just to be different. Regardless, even if was found to be marker, that would be an easy fix to clean up with isopropyl alcohol

untitled (resized).JPG

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Anyone have a pic of a prototype bugs bunny pin?

Here you go.

bugs (resized).jpg

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

that should be a black and white cab.

Do you know this for certain?

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

No that it was ruined by a magic marker (red) that should be a black and white cab. That makes it a POS look at it it looks like ass I would hate to see it close up in person

so what.. your not buying it ?

so just filling in the red, makes the entire machine a POS ? give it a rest.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

so what.. your not buying it ?
so just filling in the red, makes the entire machine a POS ? give it a rest.

Ignore him, he is just one of those stuck up purists that this site loves to breed. God forbid the thing had non-matching boards. Anything short of 100 percent originality and it needs to be trashed. Well, except for the clown puke leds. Oh, and powdercoating everything to some matching color that looks like crap. Don't forget the trips to walmart to buy toys to randomly throw on it and some big piece of crap topper that is vaguely connected to the theme.

Gotta love the purists.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Being wrong doesn't make one bad. Clinging to wrong opinions in the face of good evidence doesn't even make one bad, just unreasonable.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

No that it was ruined by a magic marker (red) that should be a black and white cab. That makes it a POS look at it it looks like ass I would hate to see it close up in person.

Quoted from Miguel351:

Plus, I highly doubt they could freehand Bugs' sash on the backbox.

Most of the stuff has outlines so I could see how you think they could've just filled things in. But Bugs' "Pinball Wizard" sash on both sides of the backbox and all the perfectly straight lines around the edges tell me that those reds were done at the factory.

Now, why the reds on the front aren't complete, is another issue. If Bally did use spot colors(meaning each and every color got it's own printing plate or screen) when applying the graphics to a cab, then the start button circles might have had another color, or set of colors, that were originally going to be there. Then, in the next few days(or even hours) they finalized the artwork and made it red.

Truth is, this game being a sample/prototype/early production means there could be any number of strange things or variations on it. It could have red light/circuit boards, CPU and power boards from other games, different insert labels, different playfield art, you name it. All bets are off on what one of these early games are "supposed to have".

#41 2 years ago

For a little more reference, here are pics of a prototype Bugs Bunny.

00p0p_l1L8vaiTQbB_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00K0K_egES4kwoXyX_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00s0s_iEmdhTbl7ug_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00v0v_6w8xQ59KMQo_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00J0J_5TsUuvUuqdf_1200x900 (resized).jpg

01212_dwQlg7tF7vF_1200x900 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Delton, MI
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 27.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.95
$ 209.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 218.00
$ 11,500.00
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside