Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by johnwartjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I just wanted to tell people that there is a diamondplate funhouse pf on ebay for sale for 1500, and it is not a diamondplate!!!!
It is actually a mirco reproduction, and mirco decided to print diamondplate on the reproduction.
Actually Diamondplate is a trademarked process used on the bally Williams pf's and applied by sun processing. It is actually a waterborne product not an automotive clearcoat!!
There were only about 100 FH games made with diamond plate pf's, and a nos is worth around 1500 now days in perfect condition.
I wrote the person on ebay, and informed him of his mistake, but I wonder about someone who has marked up the price of a repro almost 100% and has in the headline, diamondplate. I don't know who this is, and I will give him the benefit of the doubt of ignorance, although there is a mirco box in the background.
I am not picking a war with someone, but sometimes I feel like a pf advocate for my customers, who could fall for this and then be bummed.
cheers, ron kruzman

#2 8 years ago

Here is a link to the auction:
ebay.com link: NEW Williams Funhouse Playfield with FACTORY Diamond Plate

I made a mistake, the headline is factory diamondplate!

#3 8 years ago

Thanks for the info.
Are original playfields better/more sought after than reproductions?
Just wondering if one is better than the other or if they are about the same.

#4 8 years ago

I cant generalize. they are different. But original, is original. Its made with different materials, and different process, and for a collector, that date stamped on the edge, is very important. Its the same with restoring cars and bikes

#5 8 years ago

Thanks for the heads up.

I saw the listing earlier, but I passed it off as ignorance of the terminology on the part of the seller.

[edit]: I messaged the seller too and got a response. However, it doesn't sound like he cares.

#6 8 years ago

Thanks for the heads up, Ron. I'm curious why Mirco would choose to include "This playfield is protected by Diamond Plate" if their reproductions are actually not protected by Diamond Plate and, as Ron noted above, so few DP FH were actually produced. It seems as though any potential buyer of a game with a Mirco pf installed can also be easily deceived by this.

#7 8 years ago

I don't think it's a hard thing to miss - that huge hologram sticker says it all, that it's a repro. Original PFs never had that.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I messaged the seller too and got a response. However, it doesn't sound like he cares.

Maybe there's a reason "skrew" is part of his seller name.

#9 8 years ago

I complained on RGP when Mirco originally decided to enter into this deception.

Let's bombard this person with ebay messages deriding him about it!

If I was rich, I'd buy it just to mess with the guy by filing a SNAD claim. He'd either have to give a hefty partial refund or do a full refund and eat the return shipping fee.

#10 8 years ago

1990 clear coat vs 2015/16 clear coat. My money is that the newer is better due to material advancements and not being 2 1/2 decades old.

Honestly, anyone who would give a shit if it was NOS would easily know the difference. I personally don't see an overt attempt to deceive. Possibly just laziness or ignorance. I think it's time to put the torches and pitchforks away.

#11 8 years ago

Message sent

#12 8 years ago

Someone should buy that then dispute the payment as significantly not as described. The seller gets pretty screwed in those disputes.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I cant generalize. they are different. But original, is original. Its made with different materials, and different process, and for a collector, that date stamped on the edge, is very important. Its the same with restoring cars and bikes

I've done exactly two playfield swaps: High Speed and Pinbot. The High Speed was an original playfield, and the Pinbot was a CPR.

Swapping in an original is a much easier process, so that's another advantage.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Someone should buy that then dispute the payment as significantly not as described. The seller gets pretty screwed in those disputes.

It's a gamble though....if it doesn't work out, ya payed double

#15 8 years ago

It looks like the guy has edited the auction. Looks like the pitch forks and stakes can be called off...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 40.00
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-beware-of-diamond-plate-funhouse-pf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.