• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

APS_camera.gif
#1 11 years ago

ebay.com link: itm

Front looks pretty rough, but the DMD is on. These go for much more than the going price, but it is a fixer-upper!

So what is it folks... Deal, or NO DEAL!

#2 11 years ago

I say Deal, but only up to $1200. I've actually been watching that item too and if I lived closer to him, I'd be bidding on it.

Crazy thing is....it's listed as "Free Shipping" on my ebay phone app, but when you look at the website version, it says Free local pick up only.

#3 11 years ago

I would say no deal over $1100. Its going to take a bit of restoration to get this to where Im happy with it, and Im not that anal.

#4 11 years ago

Yeah - tough to say without seeing in person. Could be alot more wrong that you can't see. Wouldn't go very high unless I could swing by and see it first.

#5 11 years ago

I wouldn't do it.

#6 11 years ago

Playfield looks kinda beat. You need MANY more close up pix!

APS_camera.gifAPS_camera.gif

#7 11 years ago

I read "Unit was pulled from a bar" as "don't buy without seeing it in person."

Aren't the HSII inserts notorious for lifting? I'd want to see that playfield up close. And you already know you'd be in for some time & $ on fixing that front panel.

#8 11 years ago

Bought mine nearly 2 years ago for $1,000. New enough to spot some issues and talk the guy way down from his $1,700 initial asking price, but not enough to truly understand what I was getting into. I'd ask for some much better pictures - even better if you are local and can go by and look at the pin. I'd make sure the beacon, back drop ramp, super charger, etc. works. Really depends on what you want to do with the pin. If you want to fix it up real nice, looks like it could be a lot of work and $ - new plastics, and other parts can be hard to find and add up fast.

#9 11 years ago

Definitely a deal, but only under $1100.

#10 11 years ago

Thanks for the advice! Right now it is under $1k and I haven't seen a Williams under a thousand in a while (condition notwithstanding). To me, it seems like this pin around $1k would be a good fix & keep. Fix & flip would be a little more risky, granted.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Chudmeat:

Crazy thing is....it's listed as "Free Shipping" on my ebay phone app, but when you look at the website version, it says Free local pick up only.

EBay is wonky reporting their shipping rates out. When I was looking at some stuff not too long ago, Google shopping was doing the exact same thing on any game listed as shipping - Freight.

#12 11 years ago

GOD NO (deal)!

#13 11 years ago

I didn't get it, but it sold for $941. I wonder if it was cash money or craptacular? Better to save my pennies for another pin.

#14 11 years ago

I waited until the auction was over to comment because I did not want to be blamed for influencing a deal gone good or one gone bad. I live 3 miles from the seller. That thing is beat up worse than the pics show if it is the machine I remember and played on route recently. If it was a deal I would have been all over it and would have picked it up on my way to work in the am lol.

Just my subjective opinion. The real deal was about 10 days ago. A getaway was listed (C.L.)out past Pontiac, MI for $1,200. It was mint...mint...mint....I missed it by 5 minutes because another buyer got to the home in front of me. I seen the machine though and it was mint for $1,200.

Be thankful you did not chase this one toward or beyond the $1k mark!

#15 11 years ago

Buy the other one listed for 1400 thats all modded up and looks awesome here on the forum.

#16 11 years ago

Let's see....a working B/W DMD for under $1000? Not sure if you can ever go wrong there.

I did end up winning the auction. We'll see how much of a head-case this thing really is. I can't imagine that it will be beyond saving...and even if it is, I would assume I could find a buyer or trade partner.

Pete

#17 11 years ago

Hey pmWolf, gl bud and hopefully no hard feelings from my post. Darn, I read it again and it sounds like I know it all about the pin I don't. I know of a pin I played that was beat up. I looked at those pics for this auction and convinced myself it was the same one. I looked away and went and mowed the lawn. Come back here and the auction is over and I posted. Fill us in on that pin and I hope is is a deal. Good thing is you canpick up right? Save $$$ from shipping across the country!

Peace to you and hope that deal ends up rocking

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Hey pmWolf, gl bud and hopefully no hard feelings from my post. Darn, I read it again and it sounds like I know it all about the pin I don't. I know of a pin I played that was beat up. I looked at those pics for this auction and convinced myself it was the same one. I looked away and went and mowed the lawn. Come back here and the auction is over and I posted. Fill us in on that pin and I hope is is a deal. Good thing is you canpick up right? Save $$$ from shipping across the country!
Peace to you and hope that deal ends up rocking

I read your earlier post and cried in a corner for a while.

Okay...maybe not. =)

Don't worry about it. I agree...the game looks like it could be beat, and there aren't enough quality pics to really know much about it. The description is....limited at best.

You aren't hurting my feelings with your assessment...which could be spot-on.

I still think that ANY B/W DMD is worth $940...particularly one like Getaway, which I always have people asking me about. I think I'll do just fine on this one after I get it going. I've got a crap-ton of parts on hand, and can make this thing a lot better. I'm just hoping that the MAJOR stuff works (super-charger, for example).

Otherwise, I see a good DMD, and a working boardset...and a description that makes it sound like all it needs is a flipper rebuild, some lights, and some rubber to be perfect. (Not likely...but here's hoping).

Also, with me being in Michigan, it isn't too hard for me to pick up (only a couple hours away).

I'll keep you posted on how this thing really is. Honestly, I don't think I can keep it long-term...I'm pretty much out of room!

(I can't wait for when I post it for sale....I guarantee I'll get someone who says: "Hey, didn't you buy this on eBay for $941? I'll give you $950!!")

Pete

#19 11 years ago

I'll give you $951 once fixed up

Seriously though, good luck with the pin. I was considering it as my first real project pin but shipping made it a no go.

#20 11 years ago

It's all good bud. I hope this makes you feel better. My wife is standing next to me here telling me it's not the one we played. She says the one we played, several times, did not have a bill validator. I honestly can't remember because I drink beer. My wife does not drink at all and bless her little heart for that( i always have a dd, lol and I love her for that. Anyway, did all these Getaway pins come with bill thingys? Or do some have them and some don't?

This may be a different pin. If you get a chance ask the seller if it was routed up near Gladwin MI. At a bar within a 30 minute drive of Gladwin. If no, then it is a different pin and my wife is correct and hopefully you are feeling better.

Peace man and gl!

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I read your earlier post and cried in a corner for a while.
Okay...maybe not. =)
Don't worry about it. I agree...the game looks like it could be beat, and there aren't enough quality pics to really know much about it. The description is....limited at best.
You aren't hurting my feelings with your assessment...which could be spot-on.
I still think that ANY B/W DMD is worth $940...particularly one like Getaway, which I always have people asking me about. I think I'll do just fine on this one after I get it going. I've got a crap-ton of parts on hand, and can make this thing a lot better. I'm just hoping that the MAJOR stuff works (super-charger, for example).
Otherwise, I see a good DMD, and a working boardset...and a description that makes it sound like all it needs is a flipper rebuild, some lights, and some rubber to be perfect. (Not likely...but here's hoping).
Also, with me being in Michigan, it isn't too hard for me to pick up (only a couple hours away).
I'll keep you posted on how this thing really is. Honestly, I don't think I can keep it long-term...I'm pretty much out of room!
(I can't wait for when I post it for sale....I guarantee I'll get someone who says: "Hey, didn't you buy this on eBay for $941? I'll give you $950!!")
Pete

If there is one thing I can do is rebuild a flipper! That CV is running great, no? I'll be coming over soon and you can put me to work. I am so happy you got this one - I would be just calling you up every damn day for something if it was at my house...

#22 11 years ago

Pix when you get it please...

#23 11 years ago

For me personally, I really don't care how the cabinet looks. Most of the time you can always repaint, unless its structurally damaged of course. As long as it plays well after a good strip down clean and new bulbs and rubbers, I'm happy!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 72.50
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-auction-deal-or-no-deal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.