Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by gambit
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TheFlyCronenberg[1].jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stack15.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 11 years ago

I think I would be happier putting 8k to 10k into pins off of here, Craigslist, the Bash, RGP and Mr Pinball. It would probably be less work and stress too.

#112 11 years ago

I stand by my earlier comment... I'd be happier with $10k worth of pins purchased in America already. There is way too much risk here - mainly in machine quality. To each his own though. Risk does make life more interesting.

I figure $10k should buy two good quality newer sterns - Transformers HUO on the bash now for $4,100. And one fun B list game - all in good working order with no restoration needed.

#120 11 years ago

Actual numbers = $40k + $2,200 shipping + $X.

So X is debatable. But it is still $42,200 if I read everything correctly. It is very interesting to read about on here. If five people each went in, it would cost $8,440 + $X/5 each. I think we can safely figure it would be at least $9,000 each by the time you had your pins in your garage.

First you need your "people." You would need five people who could lose $9k and not even notice. Would you want to send that much to someone you didn't know for a product you haven't seen?

Eventually I guess you'd each get 7 pins and have one extra. On the surface 7 for $9,000 is really good. However, I recently picked up an eBay pin purchase for someone and it was in TERRIBLE shape. I would have felt ripped off paying over $200 for it. I think we would all agree that a portion of these games would be that ba or worse.

For $9k I could buy HUO Transformers, BDK and T2 at prices right now on bash and RPG. That would be three pretty good games. Games that I saw, inspected and picked up myself. So to me, I would rather have three games that I knew were good, no stress of wondering who was doing what with the money, shipping, customs, storage, blah, blah.

Also, hasn't anyone ever had a relative die and been left with splitting up an estate?? Family members go irrate over $1,000. What is going to happen if two really good games show up and the rest of the attractive titles are junk??

#122 11 years ago

Genious!!!!

#123 11 years ago

Genius!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stack15.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-36-pin-lot-sale?tu=stack15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.