Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by gambit
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TheFlyCronenberg[1].jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider replayryan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 11 years ago

I think some of you guys have no idea how badly worn some of these machines can be. Water damage, rust, playfield wear, cabinet fade (9 times out of 10), missing parts, etc. The "beat" machines that are criticized for sale here would be above average for a container load.

I went in on a container load about 8 years ago, and I don't think I would try it again. Not to mention, the cost now is higher and it seems the selection is worse.

EDIT: Most of the machines I received from the container were sold to operators who could still make money on them. No way would most collectors have approved of their condition.

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from cardfelon:

Never really seen a pinball machine with water damage or rust. Except for rust on the legs. This may sound stupid but how would a machine get water damage?
    Of course these aren't collector quality machines but you don't think they could be shopped and then resold?

I assure you most of those machines will need more than a shop job if you want to make a profit on them.

Water and untreated wood do not mix. Often these overseas machines have had water exposure while at docks, in storage, transportation, etc. I've seen saggy cabinet bottoms, swelled and soft cabinet wood, wrinkled cabinet art, etc.

You could get very lucky and have some decent machines. But many here would have to use their imagination to picture how bad some of these machines could be.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider replayryan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-36-pin-lot-sale?tu=replayryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.