Topic Stats

• 430 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mcuzz
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E657FBC-84B6-4612-A54D-67FBCADD46AD (resized).png
    2656D621-8295-4FAB-9790-7D83B5A2601A (resized).png
    Screenshot_20181222-095928_Samsung Pay (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    IMG_8434 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    03888225-2D2B-4946-B2C6-F9EF391BCB87 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180612-193807_eBay (resized).jpg
    A430C5A8-99AD-425D-836B-7F4DB2256853 (resized).png
    B584BA1B-CDCC-4617-B635-78D846C993E6 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 11.47.21 PM (resized).png
    5325C0D1-1987-4BF9-9397-5D17D24851B9 (resized).jpeg
    20180309_165907 (resized).jpg
    B7D0483B-56DE-4783-B1F2-01F48EFA5902-6451-00000D734E550034 (resized).jpeg
    thumbs up.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #90 15% discount on 3/20/18 Posted by mcluvin (6 years ago)

Post #210 Tips on how to test the discount code. Posted by KozMckPinball (5 years ago)

Post #232 Another one day sale. Love quick! Lots of savings. Posted by mcluvin (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gac.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#121 6 years ago

If colordmd is not "paying" the 15%, why would they pull the listing? Wouldn't they be getting the same as they would normally get for an eBay sale?

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I thought ebay comped the fees to help cover the coupon like Dmod from colordmd stated in the thread earlier.

Based on this, it is what I said above. Colordmd is not paying the 15%. eBay is using a portion of the seller fees and kicking in the rest. So I don't understand why colordmd would have an issue. If they have an issue with the buyer getting a discount that has no effect on their bottom line they shouldn't put them on eBay at all then.

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

They are paying eBay 10% of the sale price so roughly $40 for each dmd sold plus that 10% applies to any shipping fee they might charge. If they sell direct through their website, they only pay PayPal 3.75%. Kind of obvious why they wouldn’t want to sell through eBay, or at least not have a flood of orders via eBay.

Your statement makes no sense. If it was obvious that they don't want to sell through eBay because of the 10% fees, then why do they? AND the 15% has no bearing on them other than it might increase sales. If they aren't willing to take less of a profit on eBay then they shouldn't list them there.

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Don't get too salty about it, they don't owe you anything. I'm sure they list on eBay to get the casual search-based sale. Anyone that knows about ColorDMD would be buying straight from their website, or through one of the retailers that carries them. If eBay is running promotions that change that balance, ColorDMD is entitled to adjust their business accordingly.

I'm not getting salty about it nor am I looking for anything. I am simply stating that it's odd that colordmd would not want to sell something they were already selling on eBay. They obviously are willing to accept a lower margin on any sales they make through eBay. I can't imagine that Randy and co are sitting there and worrying that they will sell too many on ebay because they don't make as much. Anyone that would be casually searching eBay that would have any interest in this item would know something about ColorDMD.

#144 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

eBay makes no sense to use if you are firmly established, like colordmd is.

If it makes "no sense" as you say, then why do they do it?

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I didn’t say they are subject to the 15% charge, please read my post again.

Nor did I. If you read my post again you see that I stated the 15% has no bearing on them.

#148 6 years ago

I understand what colordmd said. All it basically says is that whoever was able to get the 20% off got a great deal. It says nothing about colordmd being negatively impacted in any way from a normal eBay sale nor do they seem concerned. They are still getting the exact same amount whether you or I or anyone else gets 15 or 20% off.

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

If it makes "no sense" as you say, then why do they sell on eBay?

Crickets...lol

#150 6 years ago

The 20% discount code does not work for all sellers as I tried with the few items in my cart. Maybe it doesn't work with international sellers? My 3 items are from 2 sellers in the UK.

3 months later
    #281 5 years ago

Just tried it... said code expired.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gac.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-20-discount-today-only?tu=gac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.