Topic Stats

• 430 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mcuzz
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E657FBC-84B6-4612-A54D-67FBCADD46AD (resized).png
    2656D621-8295-4FAB-9790-7D83B5A2601A (resized).png
    Screenshot_20181222-095928_Samsung Pay (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    IMG_8434 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    03888225-2D2B-4946-B2C6-F9EF391BCB87 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180612-193807_eBay (resized).jpg
    A430C5A8-99AD-425D-836B-7F4DB2256853 (resized).png
    B584BA1B-CDCC-4617-B635-78D846C993E6 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 11.47.21 PM (resized).png
    5325C0D1-1987-4BF9-9397-5D17D24851B9 (resized).jpeg
    20180309_165907 (resized).jpg
    B7D0483B-56DE-4783-B1F2-01F48EFA5902-6451-00000D734E550034 (resized).jpeg
    thumbs up.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #90 15% discount on 3/20/18 Posted by mcluvin (6 years ago)

Post #210 Tips on how to test the discount code. Posted by KozMckPinball (5 years ago)

Post #232 Another one day sale. Love quick! Lots of savings. Posted by mcluvin (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-Willy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 6 years ago

Looks like they are out of stock now on eBay or they pulled the ad.

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

there is a 20% discount today as well on select items: PRETTYDAY

do they list the catagories which this coupon will work or is it just a try and see thing?

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

I'm guessing it's the eBay/Paypal fees.

I thought ebay comped the fees to help cover the coupon like Dmod from colordmd stated in the thread earlier.

Quoted from Dmod:

A little explanation on that ebay ad...
    We don't normally sell on ebay as the seller fees are high and reduce our margins.
    The ad was auto-generated six months ago by our ecommerce site and posted as an experiment to see if it would draw attention from ebay game buyers who don't frequent forums and aren't as familiar with ColorDMD. The ad mirrors the product page on our site which is why it didn't specifically call out ColorDMD in the title of the product listing.
    The flash sale that happened yesterday came as a complete surprise. Although being an ebay member for many years, I didn't even know that was a thing. The ad hadn't drawn much attention and to be honest I forgot it was even running until we started getting multiple hits late yesterday.
    I didn't find out about the flash sale until it was almost over and am still puzzled how ebay was able to offer such a large discount. Half the discount came from seller fees we were charged but the other half seems to have come from ebay directly in the form of an economic stimulus package.
    Congrats to those that were able to get a great deal!

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Based on this, it is what I said above. Colordmd is not paying the 15%. eBay is using a portion of the seller fees and kicking in the rest. So I don't understand why colordmd would have an issue. If they have an issue with the buyer getting a discount that has no effect on their bottom line they shouldn't put them on eBay at all then.

my guess is its to try and regulate sales. If people pull back a little from buying colordmds in hopes that an ebay coupon will come along so they can save some cash its going to hit his flow of sales, it will be less sales, then a huge wave of sales when ebay runs a coupon, or he just doesn't want anyone to beable to buy it for cheaper then he sales on his website. Either way a lot of peoples money are going else where now.

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

About to purchase a shaker motor and I’ve never owned a pin, but plan to pick one up soon.
    Is that a sign I caught the pin virus?

appears you have it at an advance rate.

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Let's post what you're buying so I can do the same ; )
    I searched for toppers and mirrors but no luck on what I want
    I might go for an Amazon gift card

i believe gift cards are excluded from the coupons.

I bought some arcade buttons and leaf switches i needed, saved $10

1 week later
    #193 6 years ago

15% off Sitewide on Purchases of $25 or More w/ promo code PREPSPRING. Limit to $50 off. End 8PM PST

#204 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Note--that only works through the mobile app. It doesn't work on a desktop browser.
    It also ends at 11AM PT (12PM Mountain time, 1PM central, and 2PM eastern)

Thanks for this @forceflow, i was sitting on something deciding what i wanted to do, didnt know it ended at 11 originally so it made me pull the trigger cause i only had 30 min left.

2 months later
    #237 5 years ago

Nice just picked up a set of alltek boards, saved $93! thanks man!

#238 5 years ago

And just used the wifes ebay to grab a guardians topper and shooter rod, saving another $96! I think im done blowing cash for the day.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-Willy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-20-discount-today-only?tu=Dr-Willy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.