Topic Stats

• 430 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mcuzz
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E657FBC-84B6-4612-A54D-67FBCADD46AD (resized).png
    2656D621-8295-4FAB-9790-7D83B5A2601A (resized).png
    Screenshot_20181222-095928_Samsung Pay (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    IMG_8434 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    03888225-2D2B-4946-B2C6-F9EF391BCB87 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180612-193807_eBay (resized).jpg
    A430C5A8-99AD-425D-836B-7F4DB2256853 (resized).png
    B584BA1B-CDCC-4617-B635-78D846C993E6 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 11.47.21 PM (resized).png
    5325C0D1-1987-4BF9-9397-5D17D24851B9 (resized).jpeg
    20180309_165907 (resized).jpg
    B7D0483B-56DE-4783-B1F2-01F48EFA5902-6451-00000D734E550034 (resized).jpeg
    thumbs up.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 430 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
    #351 5 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

how does the ebates work with ebay ?

What he said, it's basically passing on click through money on to the buyer. I use Ibotta or Ebates, whichever is higher. We've already cashed out over $500 between my wife and I.

Just open up either app and search for Ebay and click the shop button.

#352 5 years ago

CODE: POPUPSAVINGS

15% off everything today (12/28/2018) until 6pm PT.

ebay.com link: 1228

#353 5 years ago
    Quoted from La4s:

CODE: POPUPSAVINGS
    15% off everything today (12/28/2018) until 6pm PT.
    ebay.com link

Thanks! Saved me $100 today

#354 5 years ago

Are there any codes for New Years Day?

3 weeks later
    #355 5 years ago

Ebay was averaging about once per month for these discounts. If that holds true, we should see something pretty soon as the last event was 24 days ago.

#356 5 years ago

ebay has a $5 off coupon with code MYEBAY5 when you spend $5.01 or more.

Expires today 1/28/19 at 22:59 PST.

#357 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

ebay has a $5 off coupon with code MYEBAY5 when you spend $5.01 or more.

Expires today 1/28/19 at 22:59 PST.

Didn't work for me, appears to be targeted...

#358 5 years ago

Didn't work for me either. Wish they would drop a 10 or 15% soon as my Ebay bucks are about to expire.

#359 5 years ago

Yeah, I have my eye on something, and 15% of would be great

3 weeks later
    #360 5 years ago

All this time and the best they've got is 8% ebay bucks? With Ebates/Ibotta that doesn't even get it to 10% off.

They need to do better then that.

#361 5 years ago

FUNFIVE for 5% off till March 5

2 weeks later
    #362 5 years ago

Us the code Psavetoday for 15% off today if you use the app to purchase something.

#363 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mneubey:

Us the code Psavetoday for 15% off today if you use the app to purchase something.

aw, the max is only $100 off.

#364 5 years ago

There's a lot of restrictions on it. I'd still like to cash in on a cheap Switch.

#365 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing. I noticed that some sellers raise the prices of the products they have for sale due to the coupon...

#366 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks for sharing. I noticed that some sellers raised the prices of the products they have for sale due to the coupon...

Any idea why sellers do this? It shouldn't impact them just eBay.

#367 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Any idea why sellers do this? It shouldn't impact them just eBay.

They may figure buyers will still buy their products due to the coupon and they get to net more profit.

#368 5 years ago

That totally sucks! I personally snagged some tz sideart, and saved about 40 bucks. I've pretty much been waiting it out until one of these deals popped up

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks for sharing. I noticed that some sellers raise the prices of the products they have for sale due to the coupon...

#369 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

They may figure buyers will still buy their products due to the coupon and they get to net more profit.

Says a ton about the seller, wouldn’t buy a thing from businesses that pull shit like this. This is a ebay promotion and should have zero impact on the merchant making the sale. These sellers are taking advantage of their potential customers.

#370 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Says a ton about the seller, wouldn’t buy a thing from businesses that pull shit like this. This is a ebay promotion and should have zero impact on the merchant making the sale. These sellers are taking advantage of their potential customers.

Pretty much 90% of retailers do this on 'sales'.

#371 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I had someone do this for some garage wall art trunk deck lid a few months back. Douche nozzle.

Thank you all for sharing these. Saved me a few a few times now.

#372 5 years ago

Thanks. Just used the code. Reminder, it expires at 7pm PST and you must use the app.

#373 5 years ago

Just saved over $30 on a new power supply for one of my arcades and a couple month supply of 5 Hour Energy's.

#374 5 years ago

Lol it never fails. I just bought $600 worth of car parts on Sunday. I was able to come up with another $350 worth of stuff to buy that I probably didn't need but hey, I saved $50! I'm starting to sound like the wife, more focused on how much I saved rather than what I spent hahaha.

#375 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah. Just as a follow-up I noticed that GameRoomGuys lowered the price of the topper $30 today after the coupon expired...

#376 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah. Just as a follow-up I noticed that GameRoomGuys lowered the price of the topper $30 today after the coupon expired...

They're overpriced to begin with too. Good to know.

#377 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Interesting. Do the sellers eat all or part of the eBay sale discounts? I didn't think so.

#378 5 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Interesting. Do the sellers eat all or part of the eBay sale discounts? I didn't think so.

No, sellers just end up netting more profit and Ebay is eating the cost of the coupon. For the Ghostbusters topper it was $580 yesterday. If a customer used the 15% off code they got it for $493. If a customer ordered it today they would pay $550. However, the seller would make $30 more in profit yesterday. The seller may figure people will still order the item even though there is a price increase due to the coupon.

Seems like a lot of larger Ebay sellers raise their prices on a coupon day which sucks.

#379 5 years ago

Man that is just a crappy way to do business. It’s their products so people can buy it from them or not but that just seems a little unethical

#380 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No, sellers just end up netting more profit and Ebay is eating the cost of the coupon. For the Ghostbusters topper it was $580 yesterday. If a customer used the 15% off code they got it for $493. If a customer ordered it today they would pay $550. However, the seller would make $30 more in profit yesterday. The seller may figure people will still order the item even though there is a price increase due to the coupon.
    Seems like a lot of larger Ebay sellers raise their prices on a coupon day which sucks.

And to further muddy the water, the game room guys website has it at $529 with free economy shipping on items less than 70 lbs.

#381 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

And to further muddy the water, the game room guys website has it at $529 with free economy shipping on items less than 70 lbs.

Yeah, on their own site they likely just pay credit card / PayPal fees. Ebay takes 10% from sales so I can see why some sellers list products for higher on Ebay versus their own site.

#382 5 years ago

Protip - If you're buying from these guys, you're doing it wrong. (Or you love being upcharged for convenience)

#383 5 years ago

This is common practice almost everywhere. If any of you game, this happens on Steam with devs all the time during their big sales. It happens in almost all major retailers, JC Penny was guilty of it, Guitar Center/ Musicians Friend is very guilty of it.

I don't agree with it either, but it isn't some new thing exclusive to Ebay. What I'm saying is, if you shop, you've probably fell for it quite a bit more than you realize. Places love to throw up a 'sale % off' sign on things without actually lowering the price.

#384 5 years ago

^^^^Yeah I agree, my first NIB game AC/DC pro was purchased from The Game Room Guys back in 2012. I didn’t know shit about pinball ownership or even this forum. Had I known about other dealers, Cointaker, I probably would have got a better price. O well, it was still a great game and experience but I would not buy from them again.

#385 5 years ago
    Quoted from statictrance:

Protip - If you're buying from these guys, you're doing it wrong. (Or you love being upcharged for convenience)

I bought a $500 MSRP Star Wars toper off them for $441.99 after the coupon at the end of 2018, including free shipping....

#386 5 years ago

I'm sure they can absorb the occasional good deal with coupon when they're hawking Switch adjusters or 6 pinball packs for $20 on Amazon.

#387 5 years ago
    Quoted from statictrance:

I'm sure they can absorb the occasional good deal with coupon when they're hawking Switch adjusters or 6 pinball packs for $20 on Amazon.

Protip - Use coupons for toppers!

#388 5 years ago

I keep a cart/save for later. of a bunch of goods I want or need, but not with Urgency, and wait for discounts.....
    P21S Wax....$32 shipped free, pin hardware, Novus, Plexus, etc....
    Hard to time everything, but saves a bundle on massage chairs, toner, etc....

2 weeks later
    #389 4 years ago

ebay.com link: 0327

"What is the Promotion?

10% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $25 or more when you buy within the latest version of the eBay Mobile App (the “Promotion”).

8% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $25 or more (the “Promotion”)."

#390 4 years ago
    Quoted from stumptown:

ebay.com link
    "What is the Promotion?
    10% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $25 or more when you buy within the latest version of the eBay Mobile App (the “Promotion”).
    8% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $25 or more (the “Promotion”)."

You have to have notification on app.
    Invited so to speak. Got my message in ebay!
    Buying a translite, saving $17 bucks, well ebay bucks. Ill use money for protectors on game in April.

#391 4 years ago

Try "MYTENOFF" as a code for 10% off to save up to $50 through 3/31/19. It may or may not work. I didn't login and it showed up in the banner at the top of the eBay website (not in an email). It's both for the app and the website.

How to redeem your Coupon:
    Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions).
    Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: MYTENOFF
    Pay for your item by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on March 31, 2019.
    Terms & Conditions:
    The Coupon is a 10% discount off, valid from March 13, 2019 at 6:00 AM Pacific Time until March 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. No minimum purchase required. The Coupon discount is capped at a maximum value of $50. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.​com, cafr.ebay.​ca and ebay.​ca. Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, Vehicles in eBay Motors, and Real Estate categories. Coupon must be used within a single transaction (and can include multiple eligible items), while supplies last. Max one redemption per user.

#392 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Try "MYTENOFF" as a code for 10% off to save up to $50 through 3/31/19. It may or may not work. I didn't login and it showed up in the banner at the to of the eBay website (not in an email). It's both for the app and the website.
    How to redeem your Coupon:
    Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions).
    Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: MYTENOFF
    Pay for your item by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on March 31, 2019.
    Terms & Conditions:
    The Coupon is a 10% discount off, valid from March 13, 2019 at 6:00 AM Pacific Time until March 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. No minimum purchase required. The Coupon discount is capped at a maximum value of $50. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.​com, cafr.ebay.​ca and ebay.​ca. Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, Vehicles in eBay Motors, and Real Estate categories. Coupon must be used within a single transaction (and can include multiple eligible items), while supplies last. Max one redemption per user.

Gave the code a try, didn’t work

2 months later
    #393 4 years ago

any idea if a code is coming up? Been a few months, have my eyes on a few things haha

#394 4 years ago

They were seeing declines in sales between coupons

Cheap asses loading up their carts waiting for coupons.

Myself included

#395 4 years ago

Crap, I saw posts and I thought there was a new coupon. Especially since I just spent $500 in the past 3 days on Ebay, I pretty much thought it was a sure thing.

#396 4 years ago

Ive got 10 items in cart, ready to go!

#397 4 years ago

8% ebay bucks right now if you're enrolled and invited.

1 week later
    #398 4 years ago

13% ebay bucks in app if you got the email in your messages.Through tomorrow night.

#399 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

13% ebay bucks in app if you got the email in your messages.Through tomorrow night.

I'm not sure who they are targeting but I have not been included in the last few promotions.

#400 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I'm not sure who they are targeting but I have not been included in the last few promotions.

Me neither...

There are 430 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-20-discount-today-only/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.