Topic Stats

• 430 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mcuzz
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E657FBC-84B6-4612-A54D-67FBCADD46AD (resized).png
    2656D621-8295-4FAB-9790-7D83B5A2601A (resized).png
    Screenshot_20181222-095928_Samsung Pay (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    IMG_8434 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    03888225-2D2B-4946-B2C6-F9EF391BCB87 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180612-193807_eBay (resized).jpg
    A430C5A8-99AD-425D-836B-7F4DB2256853 (resized).png
    B584BA1B-CDCC-4617-B635-78D846C993E6 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 11.47.21 PM (resized).png
    5325C0D1-1987-4BF9-9397-5D17D24851B9 (resized).jpeg
    20180309_165907 (resized).jpg
    B7D0483B-56DE-4783-B1F2-01F48EFA5902-6451-00000D734E550034 (resized).jpeg
    thumbs up.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 430 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
    #151 6 years ago

As stated earlier, ColorDMD doesn't generally sell through ebay due to the high seller fees.

The vast majority of our sales are direct, but we do use resellers and alternate distribution channels to extend service and/or reach. We've tried using ebay a few times in the past for "advertising" to reach new customers but it generally hasn't worked out very well. The previous listing was ineffective at reaching new customers, and has since been retired.

We don't believe ebay's current strategy of stimulating short-term traffic on their site provides a lot of long-term benefit to businesses and may actually hurt those that use multiple distribution channels.

ColorDMD's retail/reseller pricing is set with an expected target mix that meets our overall margin targets. We don't resort to "sales" as a selling practice because they aren't conducive to a long term stable business, and disrupt other distribution chains. When retailers derive a large portion of their business from "sales," retail prices must be increased to meet the same target objectives.

Although we don't have "sales," there are a few established ways to get a discount on a new ColorDMD:
    1) Exhibit a ColorDMD display at a show and help promote ColorDMD.
    2) Buy 3 Ship Free! Purchase three or more displays through our website and receive free shipping anywhere in the world.
    3) Price breaks for direct sales on large orders (10 or more) for personal use only. Based on availability. Contact us for details.

For those who are participating in the ebay sales, we hope that you can use your purchases to support other companies doing innovative things for the hobby!

#152 6 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! I ordered a rubber kit and alternate translite for a Pharaoh I’m bringing back to life. Savings of about $17.

#153 6 years ago

Thank you! Used it!

#154 6 years ago

I buy a ton of stuff on eBay and never noticed the discount code option. I'll for search search out codes to use from now on.

#155 6 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

The 20% discount code does not work for all sellers as I tried with the few items in my cart. Maybe it doesn't work with international sellers? My 3 items are from 2 sellers in the UK.

The 20% discount code is done and was only for 3/9/18. The 15% code is for today (3/20/18) only.

#156 6 years ago

used to purchase Stern's headphone kit for the Spike 2 system for $90.09

#157 6 years ago

About to purchase a shaker motor and I’ve never owned a pin, but plan to pick one up soon.

Is that a sign I caught the pin virus?

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

About to purchase a shaker motor and I’ve never owned a pin, but plan to pick one up soon.
    Is that a sign I caught the pin virus?

appears you have it at an advance rate.

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The 20% discount code is done and was only for 3/9/18. The 15% code is for today (3/20/18) only.

All correct and today's 15% coupon maxes out at $50.

#160 6 years ago

Just purchased an AppleTV 4k 64gb for $140 shipped with the coupon.

#161 6 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Just purchased an AppleTV 4k 64gb for $140 shipped with the coupon.

You should have just gotten the DirecTV NOW offer here: https://www.directvnow.com/appletv . Much cheaper and 3 months of tv.

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

The discount doesn't work for all of the sellers.
    I went to purchase a playfield rotisserie...
    The coupon does NOT work for this seller.
    Even though I hit the commit to buy...when it went to the next page where I can apply the coupon, it didn't take the coupon. I NEVER hit the pay now button...I closed out the window. It still says I bought it.
    Now I'm having to go through ebay to cancel this order.

I'm pretty sure I know where you went wrong. Don't click "buy it now" or "commit to buy", instead click "add to cart". Then when you view your cart click "proceed to checkout". The box for the coupon code is on the bottom of that page.

There are a couple situations other than that it could be (mostly location based), but most of their sales require adding to cart to operate correctly so that'd be my guess as to what happened. You should be able to do this now in time to get the sale, and deal with the seller directly to cancel the first order (just say you accidentally ordered 2).

#163 6 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

You should have just gotten the DirecTV NOW offer here: https://www.directvnow.com/appletv . Much cheaper and 3 months of tv.

That is great deal. Unfortunately, it's only for the 32GB model.

#164 6 years ago

Let's post what you're buying so I can do the same ; )

I searched for toppers and mirrors but no luck on what I want

I might go for an Amazon gift card

#165 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I bought nothing pinball related. The new Jumanji movie in 4k for $20, some in floor pop up pool cleaner heads, and the Gabz Star Wars poster I've been eyeing on my watch list. Came in right at the limit for the promotion.

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

i believe gift cards are excluded from the coupons.

I bought some arcade buttons and leaf switches i needed, saved $10

#167 6 years ago

Damn ok. Might get a wireless keyboard for my Nvidia shield. The shield it's such a beast. Great for cable cutters

#168 6 years ago
    Quoted from jitneystand1:

I'm pretty sure I know where you went wrong. Don't click "buy it now" or "commit to buy", instead click "add to cart". Then when you view your cart click "proceed to checkout". The box for the coupon code is on the bottom of that page.
    There are a couple situations other than that it could be (mostly location based), but most of their sales require adding to cart to operate correctly so that'd be my guess as to what happened. You should be able to do this now in time to get the sale, and deal with the seller directly to cancel the first order (just say you accidentally ordered 2).

While on the phone w/ the ebay rep...they checked and said that the discount wouldn't work for this particular seller...not sure why.

#169 6 years ago

Im seeing international sellers dont work.

#170 6 years ago

In PayPal it's interesting how under Activity it shows the entire amount paid, but if you click the down arrow it shows your payment and another payment from eBay Inc. to cover the discount.

#171 6 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

While on the phone w/ the ebay rep...they checked and said that the discount wouldn't work for this particular seller...not sure why.

Not saying they are wrong, but I sell on eBay for a living and the reps (much like any big company) can be hit or miss. What is the link for the rotisserie you were looking at? I only see this one (which the code works for):

ebay.com link: Pinball Machine Repair Playfield Rotisserie Spin Jig Rotator for Table

#172 6 years ago

Saved $30 on Star Trek The Next Generation Pinball Machine Plastic Set

#173 6 years ago

Bought a Weller WESD51 soldering station with this code. Thanks!

#174 6 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! Finally got a new rectifier board for Centaur, and figured I might as well throw in a new Hakko chisel tip and a couple sets of pincab protectors too.

#175 6 years ago

Saw this thread and thought people were still commenting on the 20% discount from previous. Glad I checked it out. I didn’t pull the trigger on the 20% eleven days ago and wish I had.

Bought a couple mods that I probably wouldn’t have without the discount. I know sellers make a little less due to eBay fees, but without the discount I wouldn’t have bought.

#176 6 years ago

I just scored an Atomic Pile mod for my BM66

#177 6 years ago

damn it. I need a good mod and 15% off! Own MET and Tron but those are already tricked out (pretty much). ST as well. Soon to get MP. Alien too but there are barely any of those even available so limited market!

#178 6 years ago

It ends at 7 PM. PT.

#179 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Bought a couple mods...

Quoted from Concretehardt:

I just scored an Atomic Pile mod for my BM66

Two posts in a row with same purchase... the BM66 lighted speaker panel was the other one for me.

#180 6 years ago

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a mini-split for the garage, but just gonna wait. Should have grabbed one with the 20% off last week.

#181 6 years ago

I just bought a mod before my first pin.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Pin pressure is real.

#182 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Two posts in a row with same purchase... the BM66 lighted speaker panel was the other one for me.

I almost pulled the trigger on the SLE speaker panel for my BM66, but my pin mod budget is a little tight until I get my recent medical bills tallied up. It will be cool having a new mod to install (atomic pile) as it will help me kill some time while I’m stuck at home healing up.

#183 6 years ago

Added a hooked acdc mod and two other acdc mods. Saved a few bucks thanks fellow pinheads.

#184 6 years ago

I hemed... and hawed... debating the purchase of a Air compressor w/ Dryer... that was more than the $333 to get the full discount... and priced my way into an expired Coupon code.

Oh well; maybe someone will inform me next time a code comes up.

#185 6 years ago

Tried at 10:15 EST and it's expired.

#186 6 years ago

Managed to squeeze in 100 worth of props for my Houdini across 4 sellers. Tax after coupon applied for 2 in state purchases. It was 6:59 when i pulled trigger.

#187 6 years ago
    Quoted from audihere:

In PayPal it's interesting how under Activity it shows the entire amount paid, but if you click the down arrow it shows your payment and another payment from eBay Inc. to cover the discount.

I noticed a similar phenomenon. The PayPal payment notification on my phone showed the full payment price whereas the eBay completed auction price listed the 15% discounted payment.

I bought an EM arcade score motor. The time limit of the discount prevented me from procrastinating.

#188 6 years ago

MMR mod bought.

#189 6 years ago

20% only works with the list of sellers provided in this link:

ebay.com link: rpp

#190 6 years ago
    Quoted from jitneystand1:

Not saying they are wrong, but I sell on eBay for a living and the reps (much like any big company) can be hit or miss. What is the link for the rotisserie you were looking at? I only see this one (which the code works for):
    ebay.com link » Pinball Machine Repair Playfield Rotisserie Spin Jig Rotator For Table

That's the one...

It's too late to take advantage of the 15% discount. but even with the discount, I'm only saving $12.

I can get the same thing from Walmart, w/ free shipping:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pinball-Repair-Playfield-Rotisserie/517400519?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=9126&adid=22222222227113404038&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=233592033093&wl4=pla-383402359107&wl5=9016138&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=115781808&wl11=online&wl12=517400519&wl13=&veh=sem

#191 6 years ago

I'd like to see if I can use the limited seller 20% off coupon...does anyone know how to do a mass search on just those sellers? If I plug in a search term like "mens gloves", it comes up with hits from all sellers on Ebay.

#192 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadedl:

I'd like to see if I can use the limited seller 20% off coupon...does anyone know how to do a mass search on just those sellers? If I plug in a search term like "mens gloves", it comes up with hits from all sellers on Ebay.

For me all eligible items are displayed under the banner when I click it. Just some home/garden, luggage, flatware, baby stuff, and a few electronics.

Limited to very specific items.

#193 6 years ago

15% off Sitewide on Purchases of $25 or More w/ promo code PREPSPRING. Limit to $50 off. End 8PM PST

#194 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

promo code PREPSPRING

My hero.
    ebay.com link: itm
    Maximized the promo code; but 50 will buy me a couple of meals or some new tools.

#195 6 years ago

I keep seeing banner sale adds all this week. 10% yesterday for app purchase, today ist 15% electronics.
    Are sales that bad on ebay for constant promotions?

#196 6 years ago

I wonder if it is just the opposite and they are trying to put a nail in the coffin on retail.

That last big eBay sale coincided with Toys R Us’s final days of liquidation sale.

#197 6 years ago

Looks like 15% off today using the ebay app all items > $50 max $100 discount. PGETTHEAPP

#198 6 years ago

I would think this string of days with discounts could ultimately hurt their business. People may hold off making spontaneous purchases in the future because they are waiting for one of the % off days to come.

#199 6 years ago

This coupon is costing me some bucks. I bought a shaker and a Nintendo Switch. No more coupons!

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from Beebl:

Looks like 15% off today using the ebay app all items > $50 max $100 discount. PGETTHEAPP

Note--that only works through the mobile app. It doesn't work on a desktop browser.

It also ends at 11AM PT (12PM Mountain time, 1PM central, and 2PM eastern)

There are 430 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-20-discount-today-only/page/4?hl=kickthefog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.