Topic Stats

• 430 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mcuzz
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E657FBC-84B6-4612-A54D-67FBCADD46AD (resized).png
    2656D621-8295-4FAB-9790-7D83B5A2601A (resized).png
    Screenshot_20181222-095928_Samsung Pay (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    IMG_8434 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    03888225-2D2B-4946-B2C6-F9EF391BCB87 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180612-193807_eBay (resized).jpg
    A430C5A8-99AD-425D-836B-7F4DB2256853 (resized).png
    B584BA1B-CDCC-4617-B635-78D846C993E6 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 11.47.21 PM (resized).png
    5325C0D1-1987-4BF9-9397-5D17D24851B9 (resized).jpeg
    20180309_165907 (resized).jpg
    B7D0483B-56DE-4783-B1F2-01F48EFA5902-6451-00000D734E550034 (resized).jpeg
    thumbs up.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 430 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
    #101 6 years ago

Looks like ColorDMD just took down the eBay auction?

I was looking for a LCD version for my TSPP, but for those planning on buying the LED version off eBay may have to find something else to buy now.

#102 6 years ago

Looks like they are out of stock now on eBay or they pulled the ad.

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok and then you order the appropriate installation kit for your game? I saw the link force flow posted from their site that allows you to choose between Sam & Wpc games but I don’t remember seeing that option on the EBay add.

It's not an option because that one is advertised as for T2, which really just means it's the WPC version, which means you just get a power cable for WPC. For SAM you would just need a different power cable, it should be on their site.

I bought the T2 one last time, I'm now enjoying it in my ST Premium (SAM). I built the cable with parts I stole from some old LED mods.

Looks like we have to find other good stuff this time, unfortunately...

#104 6 years ago

Looks like Yelobird listed a bunch more BM66 mods that I want.. can the discount be used on multiple items?

#105 6 years ago

Yes, add them all to your cart before you checkout, then apply the code when you check out. It's one time use only, if it's the same as last time.

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

ebay.com link » Led Replacement Display For Terminator 2 Pinball Machine

Hopefully they will relist some today..!

#107 6 years ago

"Today only" 3/20 but what is the code?

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

"Today only" 3/20 but what is the code?

PSPRINGTIME

Punch that code in at checkout.
    Not sure if its one item only or up to the $50 value on several items.

#110 6 years ago

Who pays the cost of this sale? Is it the seller or eBay? Would seem odd if eBay could just force every seller to offer their goods at 15 or 20% off. That said, I would not put it past eBay to pull something lke that.

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

And now the expectation is set that if we wait, we can get it cheaper via Ebay, forcing the seller to use them. Or maybe not?

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

They are not out of stock and the inventory shows more than 10 available. What happened is they seen this thread and that there was going to be purchases made today with the 15% discount so they killed the auction. They clearly have inventory and are not sold out on their website so didn't want to get hit with the ebay/paypal fees.

Quoted from Coyote:

If they do it will be at inflated price to cover their ebay/paypal fees.

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

And now the expectation is set that if we wait, we can get it cheaper via Ebay, forcing the seller to use them. Or maybe not?

Dunno, don't care. It's eBay thing. I know that the sellers still get all their money - i.e. the sellers don't take a 15% hit. (Well.. *ahem* Not including the ebay fees..)

Quoted from BoJo:

They are not out of stock and the inventory shows more than 10 available. What happened is they seen this thread and that there was going to be purchases made today with the 15% discount so they killed the auction. They clearly have inventory and are not sold out on their website so didn't want to get hit with the ebay fees.

A shame - I normally wouldn't buy one. But at a discount? Yeah, I would. So, there's that, too.

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

They are not out of stock and the inventory shows more than 10 available. What happened is they seen this thread and that there was going to be purchases made today with the 15% discount so they killed the auction. They clearly have inventory and are not sold out on their website so didn't want to get hit with the ebay/paypal fees.

If they do it will be at inflated price to cover their ebay/paypal fees.

I think you're right. I was going to buy one too. Oh well, I'll take my business elsewhere.

#115 6 years ago

I'm trying to buy a CSI8900 desoldering gun but the coupon code isn't working. Has anyone successfully used the code? PSPRINGTIME

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Quoted from Coyote:

A shame - I normally wouldn't buy one. But at a discount? Yeah, I would. So, there's that, too.

Aw, I was actually considering picking one up since I don't have one yet. Guess I'll pass on it now.

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm trying to buy a CSI8900 desoldering gun but the coupon code isn't working. Has anyone successfully used the code? PSPRINGTIME

Starts at noon eastern

#118 6 years ago

The sale starts 9am pst

#119 6 years ago

Yeah, I just saw 9AM-7PM PST. I'm Central, so it would be 11AM for me

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from boomerski:

I was going to buy one too.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Aw, I was actually considering picking one up since I don't have one yet.

Quoted from boomerski:

I was going to buy one too.

Same here but no rush now since they are always available at the same price on their website.

#121 6 years ago

If colordmd is not "paying" the 15%, why would they pull the listing? Wouldn't they be getting the same as they would normally get for an eBay sale?

#122 6 years ago

there is a 20% discount today as well on select items: PRETTYDAY

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

there is a 20% discount today as well on select items: PRETTYDAY

do they list the catagories which this coupon will work or is it just a try and see thing?

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

If colordmd is not "paying" the 15%, why would they pull the listing? Wouldn't they be getting the same as they would normally get for an eBay sale?

I'm guessing it's the eBay/Paypal fees.

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

I'm guessing it's the eBay/Paypal fees.

I thought ebay comped the fees to help cover the coupon like Dmod from colordmd stated in the thread earlier.

Quoted from Dmod:

A little explanation on that ebay ad...
    We don't normally sell on ebay as the seller fees are high and reduce our margins.
    The ad was auto-generated six months ago by our ecommerce site and posted as an experiment to see if it would draw attention from ebay game buyers who don't frequent forums and aren't as familiar with ColorDMD. The ad mirrors the product page on our site which is why it didn't specifically call out ColorDMD in the title of the product listing.
    The flash sale that happened yesterday came as a complete surprise. Although being an ebay member for many years, I didn't even know that was a thing. The ad hadn't drawn much attention and to be honest I forgot it was even running until we started getting multiple hits late yesterday.
    I didn't find out about the flash sale until it was almost over and am still puzzled how ebay was able to offer such a large discount. Half the discount came from seller fees we were charged but the other half seems to have come from ebay directly in the form of an economic stimulus package.
    Congrats to those that were able to get a great deal!

#126 6 years ago

I believe he was talking about the loss of the 15% not the fees on the actual sale of the item.

#127 6 years ago

The 15% discount is covered by eBay, not the seller. Unknown why ColorDMD removed their ad but it's not because they were losing 15% on each sale.

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I thought ebay comped the fees to help cover the coupon like Dmod from colordmd stated in the thread earlier.

Based on this, it is what I said above. Colordmd is not paying the 15%. eBay is using a portion of the seller fees and kicking in the rest. So I don't understand why colordmd would have an issue. If they have an issue with the buyer getting a discount that has no effect on their bottom line they shouldn't put them on eBay at all then.

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Based on this, it is what I said above. Colordmd is not paying the 15%. eBay is using a portion of the seller fees and kicking in the rest. So I don't understand why colordmd would have an issue. If they have an issue with the buyer getting a discount that has no effect on their bottom line they shouldn't put them on eBay at all then.

my guess is its to try and regulate sales. If people pull back a little from buying colordmds in hopes that an ebay coupon will come along so they can save some cash its going to hit his flow of sales, it will be less sales, then a huge wave of sales when ebay runs a coupon, or he just doesn't want anyone to beable to buy it for cheaper then he sales on his website. Either way a lot of peoples money are going else where now.

#130 6 years ago

I was ready to buy a color DMD, too bad they took the ad down

#131 6 years ago

Happy I got one during the 20% off sale - but might have bought another today, oh well.

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

They are paying eBay 10% of the sale price so roughly $40 for each dmd sold plus that 10% applies to any shipping fee they might charge. If they sell direct through their website, they only pay PayPal 3.75%. Kind of obvious why they wouldn’t want to sell through eBay, or at least not have a flood of orders via eBay.

#133 6 years ago

Just used the PSPRINGTIME code. Got 15% off my entire order (3 items).

Thanks for the heads-up!

#134 6 years ago

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 11.47.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-03-19 at 11.47.21 PM (resized).png

#135 6 years ago

The discount doesn't work for all of the sellers.

I went to purchase a playfield rotisserie...

The coupon does NOT work for this seller.

Even though I hit the commit to buy...when it went to the next page where I can apply the coupon, it didn't take the coupon. I NEVER hit the pay now button...I closed out the window. It still says I bought it.

Now I'm having to go through ebay to cancel this order.

#136 6 years ago

Can the discount code be used several times or just once?

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can the discount code be used several times or just once?

i would just put everything in your cart at once then apply the code

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

They are paying eBay 10% of the sale price so roughly $40 for each dmd sold plus that 10% applies to any shipping fee they might charge. If they sell direct through their website, they only pay PayPal 3.75%. Kind of obvious why they wouldn’t want to sell through eBay, or at least not have a flood of orders via eBay.

Your statement makes no sense. If it was obvious that they don't want to sell through eBay because of the 10% fees, then why do they? AND the 15% has no bearing on them other than it might increase sales. If they aren't willing to take less of a profit on eBay then they shouldn't list them there.

#139 6 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Your statement makes no sense. If it was obvious that they don't want to sell through eBay because of the 10% fees, then why do they? AND the 15% has no bearing on them other than it might increase sales. If they aren't willing to take less of a profit on eBay then they shouldn't list them there.

Don't get too salty about it, they don't owe you anything. I'm sure they list on eBay to get the casual search-based sale. Anyone that knows about ColorDMD would be buying straight from their website, or through one of the retailers that carries them. If eBay is running promotions that change that balance, ColorDMD is entitled to adjust their business accordingly.

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Don't get too salty about it, they don't owe you anything. I'm sure they list on eBay to get the casual search-based sale. Anyone that knows about ColorDMD would be buying straight from their website, or through one of the retailers that carries them. If eBay is running promotions that change that balance, ColorDMD is entitled to adjust their business accordingly.

I'm not getting salty about it nor am I looking for anything. I am simply stating that it's odd that colordmd would not want to sell something they were already selling on eBay. They obviously are willing to accept a lower margin on any sales they make through eBay. I can't imagine that Randy and co are sitting there and worrying that they will sell too many on ebay because they don't make as much. Anyone that would be casually searching eBay that would have any interest in this item would know something about ColorDMD.

#141 6 years ago

Any good recommendation for led kits? I prefer comet but would be open to a recommended ebay option!

#142 6 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

I didn’t say they are subject to the 15% charge, please read my post again. They pay eBay 10% on any sale, including on shipping plus the 3.75% PayPal fee. If they sell it through their website, they only pay the 3.75% PayPal fee on the price of the dmd. eBay makes no sense to use if you are firmly established, like colordmd is.

Not many people like selling on eBay, it’s more about exposure and getting people over to your website. We sell on eBay, but when we send the item, we let people know about our website and that prices are cheaper on our site. If you read in the eBay 20% off thread from last week, colordmd I believe said they didn’t realize the ad was still live.

#143 6 years ago

PRETTYDAY code is CONFIRMED to be WORKING!

Thx

#144 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

eBay makes no sense to use if you are firmly established, like colordmd is.

If it makes "no sense" as you say, then why do they do it?

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I didn’t say they are subject to the 15% charge, please read my post again.

Nor did I. If you read my post again you see that I stated the 15% has no bearing on them.

#146 6 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Nor did I. If you read my post again you see that I stated the 15% has no bearing on them.

Read the color dmd post from the 20% off as I noted in my post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-20-discount-today-only/page/2#post-4273672

#147 6 years ago

It is a Max $50.00 off total purchase

B584BA1B-CDCC-4617-B635-78D846C993E6 (resized).pngB584BA1B-CDCC-4617-B635-78D846C993E6 (resized).png

#148 6 years ago

I understand what colordmd said. All it basically says is that whoever was able to get the 20% off got a great deal. It says nothing about colordmd being negatively impacted in any way from a normal eBay sale nor do they seem concerned. They are still getting the exact same amount whether you or I or anyone else gets 15 or 20% off.

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

If it makes "no sense" as you say, then why do they sell on eBay?

Crickets...lol

#150 6 years ago

The 20% discount code does not work for all sellers as I tried with the few items in my cart. Maybe it doesn't work with international sellers? My 3 items are from 2 sellers in the UK.

There are 430 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-20-discount-today-only/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.