Topic Stats

• 430 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mcuzz
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E657FBC-84B6-4612-A54D-67FBCADD46AD (resized).png
    2656D621-8295-4FAB-9790-7D83B5A2601A (resized).png
    Screenshot_20181222-095928_Samsung Pay (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    IMG_8434 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    03888225-2D2B-4946-B2C6-F9EF391BCB87 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180612-193807_eBay (resized).jpg
    A430C5A8-99AD-425D-836B-7F4DB2256853 (resized).png
    B584BA1B-CDCC-4617-B635-78D846C993E6 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 11.47.21 PM (resized).png
    5325C0D1-1987-4BF9-9397-5D17D24851B9 (resized).jpeg
    20180309_165907 (resized).jpg
    B7D0483B-56DE-4783-B1F2-01F48EFA5902-6451-00000D734E550034 (resized).jpeg
    thumbs up.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 430 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
    #51 6 years ago

Couldn't think of anything I really needed
    Bummed no pinsound. Have all colordmd i need. Came up empty.
    Keep this thread alive for future sales, ebay, dealers, pin sites etc...
    We do it for black Friday.
    Lets do it year round here.

#52 6 years ago

I wish I would have known about this sooner. I only have two ebay accounts. I would have been annoying family to buy more ColorDmd's I never seen them have a single sale and 74.00 off was awesome.

#53 6 years ago

Missed it by 20 mins apparently. So colordmd gets to keep 2 for a while longer.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aflacjack:

Missed it by 20 mins apparently. So colordmd gets to keep 2 for a while longer.

Deal ends 11 PM PST. You still got plenty of time

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Pretty sure it was 8pm pacific.
    Darn shame this thread didnt catch fire this morning.

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Pretty sure it was 8pm pacific.
    Darn shame this thread didnt catch fire this morning.

My bad! You are correct.

#57 6 years ago

Says code expired

#58 6 years ago

How are you guys getting color DMD’s on eBay?

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

8 PST - it’s expired

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How are you guys getting color DMD’s on eBay?

Apparently they aint talkin! Lol. I asked an hour ago. My guess is they bought some used ones.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from lurch:

Apparently they aint talkin! Lol. I asked an hour ago. My guess is they bought some used ones.

Sorry man, i dropped the link earlier in the comments, but i think the coupon expired now..

ebay.com link: LED Replacement Display for Terminator 2 Pinball Machine

#62 6 years ago

Thank You!! Bought this......

5325C0D1-1987-4BF9-9397-5D17D24851B9 (resized).jpeg5325C0D1-1987-4BF9-9397-5D17D24851B9 (resized).jpeg

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from lurch:

You must have missed post #20, link was there...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-20-discount-today-only#post-4272840

#64 6 years ago

Now why wouldn't ColorDMD put the term "ColorDMD" anywhere in their item title or description??

I missed post #20. I was at Disneyland during the last hour of this sale searching ebay on my phone between riding Star Tours and Space Mountain. I couldn't find ColorDMDs.

I struggled publicly. Children ostracized me and pelted me with flavored popcorn and the delicious breading from their corndogs. I left the park in shame...

#65 6 years ago

Definitely missed it because its not really a colordmd ad. I dont know why they wouldnt advertise color dmd in the title of the ad. But i missed a heck of a deal for well under $300. Sigh.

#66 6 years ago

Thanks I picked up some parts for my scrambler 1000

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from lurch:

I've seen some bad eBay ads and scored some great deals but this one is horrible. No mention of color dmd anywhere, looks like they sold 13, could have probably sold 50+ if the listing was better.

#68 6 years ago

A little explanation on that ebay ad...

We don't normally sell on ebay as the seller fees are high and reduce our margins.

The ad was auto-generated six months ago by our ecommerce site and posted as an experiment to see if it would draw attention from ebay game buyers who don't frequent forums and aren't as familiar with ColorDMD. The ad mirrors the product page on our site which is why it didn't specifically call out ColorDMD in the title of the product listing.

The flash sale that happened yesterday came as a complete surprise. Although being an ebay member for many years, I didn't even know that was a thing. The ad hadn't drawn much attention and to be honest I forgot it was even running until we started getting multiple hits late yesterday.

I didn't find out about the flash sale until it was almost over and am still puzzled how ebay was able to offer such a large discount. Half the discount came from seller fees we were charged but the other half seems to have come from ebay directly in the form of an economic stimulus package.

Congrats to those that were able to get a great deal!

#69 6 years ago

In light of that, I'd continue to run an ad but make the wording better. Next time you might have a huge night.

#70 6 years ago

FARRRRRRK I spent almost $1000 on ebay yesterday and just saw this

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

FARRRRRRK I spent almost $1000 on ebay yesterday and just saw this

!!!!

I feel "bad" about missing out on the Color DMD, but that is awful!

#73 6 years ago

I saw the color DMD ad but it was led only. Passed. Need those LCD options

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I saw the color DMD ad but it was led only. Passed. Need those LCD options

Really? I'm looking to swap my ColorDMD LCDs to LEDs and would sell some to you at a discounted price if you're interested.

#75 6 years ago

I just bought two but will pm you if/when I need more

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

A little explanation on that ebay ad...
    We don't normally sell on ebay as the seller fees are high and reduce our margins.
    The ad was auto-generated six months ago by our ecommerce site and posted as an experiment to see if it would draw attention from ebay game buyers who don't frequent forums and aren't as familiar with ColorDMD. The ad mirrors the product page on our site which is why it didn't specifically call out ColorDMD in the title of the product listing.
    The flash sale that happened yesterday came as a complete surprise. Although being an ebay member for many years, I didn't even know that was a thing. The ad hadn't drawn much attention and to be honest I forgot it was even running until we started getting multiple hits late yesterday.
    I didn't find out about the flash sale until it was almost over and am still puzzled how ebay was able to offer such a large discount. Half the discount came from seller fees we were charged but the other half seems to have come from ebay directly in the form of an economic stimulus package.
    Congrats to those that were able to get a great deal!

I almost ordered a color DMD off EBay yesterday but was thrown by the fact that the add said it was for T2. I needed a color Display for a Stern and didn’t want to risk getting something I couldn’t use.

#77 6 years ago

I happened to go on eBay yesterday and saw that they were offering the discount, but unfortunately I didn't read the terms carefully enough. I saw the $100 figure, but I falsely assumed that the discount only applied to items that were $100 or less. I'm in the market for an AppleTV, and I would have grabbed one without hesitation had I known. I'm honestly amazed that they were offering such a large discount on basically anything on the site, as this was completely unprecedented.

#78 6 years ago

Picked up 4 180g albums with $20 off.

#79 6 years ago

Methos, what LP'S did you get?

Ever got one of the suoer expensive one step pressings?

#80 6 years ago

Thanks! I picked up a nice used laptop and saved $40!

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I almost ordered a color DMD off EBay yesterday but was thrown by the fact that the add said it was for T2. I needed a color Display for a Stern and didn’t want to risk getting something I couldn’t use.

+ 1 . Same here. I would have bought 3 of them if I knew they would worked on Stern's.

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Thanks! I picked up a nice used laptop and saved $40!

The old Genesis albums (Gabriel era plus Duke). I prefer original pressings most of the time, but these were mixed very poorly back in the day so finally decided to upgrade.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I'm honestly amazed that they were offering such a large discount on basically anything on the site, as this was completely unprecedented.

Agreed. I can't imagine how much money they paid out in the end. What a great promotion to get people to log into eBay. I hadn't logged in there in many months.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agreed. I can't imagine how much money they paid out in the end. What a great promotion to get people to log into eBay. I hadn't logged in there in many months.

Thumbs up to the OP to get it out there for us to see.

#85 6 years ago

If you sign up for their junk e-mails, it's not unusual to get bonus ebay bucks offers of 6 to 10%. Sometimes you can stack multiple discounts.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from lurch:

Definitely missed it because its not really a colordmd ad. I dont know why they wouldnt advertise color dmd in the title of the ad. But i missed a heck of a deal for well under $300. Sigh.

A good pinsider had already done the work: he found the listing and posted the direct link to the item -before- you asked where it was. That is what I was saying you missed, but you missed that too.

#87 6 years ago

Thanks again OP.

My colordmd for sttng arrived today. Very fast shipping!

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from EEE:

Thanks again OP.
    My colordmd for sttng arrived today. Very fast shipping!

Thats right.... Just rub it in. Lol. hows about a colordmd flash sale?

#89 6 years ago

I got an offer for 8% ebay bucks today so check your inboxes. Not as good as 20% off, but it's something.

#90 6 years ago

15% off coming tomorrow.

ebay.com link: 0320

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I'm honestly amazed that they were offering such a large discount on basically anything on the site, as this was completely unprecedented.

There's usually discounts for various targeted categories or items, but I don't ever recall seeing a site-wide no-holds-barred discount like the OP posted.

I'm guessing encouraged a lot of people to nab something they were holding off on, so I wonder how successful it ended up being.

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

There's usually discounts for various targeted categories or items, but I don't ever recall seeing a site-wide no-holds-barred discount like this.
    I'm guessing encouraged a lot of people to nab something they were holding off on, so I wonder how successful it ended up being.

The discount is for tomorrow. Up to $50.
    Is colorDmd listing up?

#93 6 years ago

Did any one ever confirm with Dmod that if you order the Color DMD they have listed on Ebay for T2 that you can actually get a unit that will fit other games like Stern titles? or are they just going to send you a unit that fits T2 or other Williams games?

#95 6 years ago

Did any one ever confirm with Dmod that if you order the Color DMD they have listed on Ebay for T2 that you can actually get a unit that will fit other games like Stern titles? or are they just going to send you a unit that fits T2 or other Williams games?

http://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-sigma/

http://shop.colordmd.com/accessories/

#97 6 years ago

For those not well versed in the ColorDMD products, can you advise on the differences between the LCD and LED products and what you think of each of them?

Then, looking within a single line (LCD for instance) is the actual product suitable for use with WPC, WPC-95, Whitestar, SAM and Spike with the only difference being the installation instructions and the ROM update one would download? This is the page that was confusing me: https://www.colordmd.com/support_hardware.html

I also wasn't quite sure what to make of this statement from a page on the ColorDMD site: "NOTE: ROM updates must match the game for which your ColorDMD display was originally configured." Does that mean you can't later reconfigure your ColorDMD for use in a different machine than the one you originally configured it for?

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from RoyF:

For those not well versed in the ColorDMD products, can you advise on the differences between the LCD and LED products and what you think of each of them?
    Then, looking within a single line (LCD for instance) is the actual product suitable for use with WPC, WPC-95, Whitestar, SAM and Spike with the only difference being the installation instructions and the ROM update one would download? This is the page that was confusing me: https://www.colordmd.com/support_hardware.html
    I also wasn't quite sure what to make of this statement from a page on the ColorDMD site: "NOTE: ROM updates must match the game for which your ColorDMD display was originally configured." Does that mean you can't later reconfigure your ColorDMD for use in a different machine than the one you originally configured it for?

Right here

https://www.colordmd.com/led.html

#99 6 years ago

You can put the colordmd in any title. You go to website and download game you want.

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You can put the colordmd in any title. You go to website and download game you want.

Ok and then you order the appropriate installation kit for your game? I saw the link force flow posted from their site that allows you to choose between Sam & Wpc games but I don’t remember seeing that option on the EBay add.

There are 430 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-20-discount-today-only/page/2?hl=aflacjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.