Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by PittPin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I just started getting static noise (kinda like the noise you get when a car radio station is starting to fade) when the background music is playing or when there is no music in attract mode. All of the voices are clear. I am looking for some tips on what might be causing this to occur. It is annoying as heck. Thanks in advance.

#2 7 years ago

I started to notice some static when adjusting the cabinet volume pot awhile back. I sprayed it with some de-oxit contact cleaner then cycled the pot quickly a few times and no more static.

#3 7 years ago

Or perhaps the static noise comes and goes with the feature lamps?

In that case it sometimes helps to route the cable of the volume-pot via a different routing.
If the cables are next to each other it can have some interference.

1 month later
#4 7 years ago

Can anyone identify the volume control part and where to get a replacement?

#5 7 years ago

All good suggestions, plus make sure the mounting screws for the boards are installed and tight, and check the ground to the game.

I would just clean the potentiometer rather than replace it. They're not used enough to wear out, but they do get dirty inside of the cabinet.

2 months later
#6 7 years ago

I tried the contact cleaner and that did not work. I tried moving nearby wires and it did not seem to have any affect. I checked the screws on all of the boards and they are tight. Not sure what to do to check the ground. I installed a new volume control and still have the background static. Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.

1 month later
#7 7 years ago

I read about noise/sound problems with Rottendog MPUs on Sys 11. My EATPM had a RD board put in it. Might this be causing the static interference? The static seem to reduce the longer the game is on. When it is first turned on it is loud and irritating. Anyone have any experience with a similar problem?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 49.99
$ 69.99
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eatpm-static-in-background-sound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.