• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0294 (resized).JPG
IMG_0293 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Well this is a bit embarrassing, but now that I'm putting my Elvira and the Party Monsters back together, I can't figure out where the short red star posts go. I mean 4 out of the 16 star posts in this game are slightly shorter. The repair manual lists the different playfield posts etc., but does not specify the locations. I took about 450 pictures during disassembling the machine, but none of them show clearly what are the original locations of the short star posts. This is my first pinball project and all the star posts looked the same to me when I was removing them... Live and learn

Anyways, I would be super grateful if any fellow EATPM owner could check where they have the 4 short star posts. They are easy to recognise as they are shorter and have a little "neck" unlike the taller posts. My guess is two of them go to the adjustable posts on top of outlanes, but I'm not sure and that would cover only two of them.

#2 6 years ago

I'm out of town right now, so I can't be a 100%, but I believe the 2 outlane adjustable posts are small posts and there's 1 or 2 posts next to those that fit under the plastics. The larger ones hold the plastic.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks! I'm not 100% sure, but I think there might be an error in the repair manual. I counted that I have only 13 star posts, of which 3 are short. So if I put 2 short posts as the adjustable ones there is one short post left. I think there is only one star post in the game that is located under a plastic without holding it, and that is one of the posts under the plastic on the right with the pizza carrying monster, so I'll put the last short post there.

I'll now proceed with the above mentioned idea, but it would be awesome if somebody could still check out how the short posts are located on their machines.

#4 6 years ago

I only see three short star posts on mine. One is the left adjustable outlane post, it sits under the "Deadheads" plastic. The other two are on the right side under the "Gravestone Pizza" plastic. One of the two is for the right outlane adjustment.

IMG_0293 (resized).JPGIMG_0293 (resized).JPG

IMG_0294 (resized).JPGIMG_0294 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago

Ah, yes exactly! Thank you very much for your help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 18.95
$ 70.00
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eatpm-short-star-post-locations and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.