New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 81395)

EATPM Monster slide cyclops and light needed!

By Magicchiz

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TechnicalSteam
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20140221_171314_350-92.jpg
IMG_20140221_171305_890.jpg
102152.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Does anyone have the Cyclops and light assembly for Elvira ATPM?
Just got one and it is missing.
Thanks
magicchiz

#2 6 years ago

Made my own using some lexan and decal paper using my broken one as a template. You'll have to edit a bit in MS Paint to get it right.
I believe that Cyclops eye is wired with the light in the skull. Just buy the 555 socket and get a red bulb rubber to go over it. Not sure how you would mount that,but the original has a couple of screws going through to the light mount.
You'll need to rivet (or screws)a couple of L brackets at the feet to mount him on the two posts at the ramp entrance.
This is of course if you can't find one,but you will have the satisfaction of enjoying the fruits of your labor when your done.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks but I dont have one to use as a template. I dont have one at all.
Thanks
magicchiz

Anyone else have any ideas?

#4 6 years ago

My entire assembly was also missing. The lamp board attached to the Cyclops is not available anywhere that I know of. At least it wasn't last summer when I searched. You'll have have make your own, that is what I did. Found a used 5-lamp circuit board with the 555 twist sockets, cut it to fit the back of the Cyclops plastic, soldered the 2 wires to the board and mounted it on the back of the plastic and threw a orange 555 bulb in there and done. Worked great. You locate the wires needed from the Skull? This is what it should look like.102152.jpg

#5 6 years ago

I think I have the cyclops plastic in pretty good shape. Put new plastic on mine and replaced it.

I will have to look.

#6 6 years ago

I replaced mine with the CPR repro, I'd offer you my old one, but it's pretty bad. Broken at the bottom so you can't install it, and yellowed badly. Actually it was so bad I might have thrown it out.

#7 6 years ago

Pinball Spare Parts has something that may work for you : http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/boards/04-12368.html May need to be modified a bit .

#8 6 years ago

Found my cyclops plastic. Not too bad. A little warped, dirty and scratched.

IMG_20140221_171305_890.jpg
IMG_20140221_171314_350-92.jpg

#9 6 years ago

The lamp board is on his machine - just tucked up under the skull as this plastic is unavailable.
All he needs is the plastic.

#10 6 years ago

Well and the 2 L brackets to hold it on.
JC

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Well and the 2 L brackets to hold it on.

Just make them out of thin metal, what I did. Tin snips and a drill, no big deal.

#12 6 years ago

Plastic is on its way to you Magic. Went out a couple days ago. Might even have it before the weekend is over.

#13 6 years ago

Nice Avatar Brad. Wonder where that came from?

#15 6 years ago

thanks
Magicchiz

1 year later
#16 5 years ago

This seems to be a common problem for EATPM.
I've run into it with my current Restoration project.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside